Sign in to follow this  
Afro

Somalis, A NATION WITHOUT HEROs.

Ibtisam   

^^^ i don't think people are argue because of his clan, rather whether he did anything for the country or not. It always surprises me that when people die they are portrayed as saints just because they are dead. The fact of the matter is that he was an ***** and a murder, the fact that he is dead is a blessing, too bad he did not take the rest of his war lords and soldiers with him. It would have gone along way to reduce resentment and complications that exists in Somalia now. I could not care what clan he was in any case.

Gabbal   

take the rest of his war lords

Your resentment is quit deep, wouldn't you say, to make a statement of that sort?

Jaylaani   

^^Because they're his kids. He trained them all to be killers.

Abtisam,

You well said sister. Any one who considers Siyad Barre a Somali hero is clueless.

****** will always be ****** .

nemo   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

^^^ i don't think people are argue because of his clan, rather whether he did anything for the country or not.

Actually what I meant by people arguing about clans is that those who say he is a hero mostly would be safe to say they are from the same clan as him. And those against him not his clan. What I’m trying to say is don’t judge someone if he is a national hero or not because what clan they are from.

the only heroes we have r the ppl who shed their blood 4 for our independency.. rest that came after are nothing but worthless punch of losers!

remember cowards will always divide us, & save they behind to do bad shyte to their ppl!! thats how they survive!! kiss their master behinds!! no wonder we is so missed up!!

lets pray for another true nationalistic brothas/sistas to deliver us to brigther day! amiin!

Ibtisam   

Actually what I meant by people arguing about clans is that those who say he is a hero mostly would be safe to say they are from the same clan as him. And those against him not his clan. What I’m trying to say is don’t judge someone if he is a national hero or not because what clan they are from.

You think so?? :confused: i thought it was just their experience. In any case are your trying to tell me that all the people above who defended him are his clan!! i don't think so. i don't think it matters what clan he is from (i don't even know his clan or any other for that matter) But personally even if he was my uncle, i would have committed murder and double buried him.

redface.gif

Abaadir   

Ibtisan, seems that you don’t know much about Somalia and it history. Siyad Barre did a lot of good things for Somalia and to deny it, is unfair. Now…. What happen to your backpacking trip to North Africa with your male friends….. just go and stay away from this topic.

nemo   

quote:Actually what I meant by people arguing about clans is that those who say he is a hero mostly would be safe to say they are from the same clan as him. And those against him not his clan. What I’m trying to say is don’t judge someone if he is a national hero or not because what clan they are from.

You think so?? :confused: i thought it was just their experience. In any case are your trying to tell me that all the people above who defended him are his clan!! i don't think so.

I didn't say that all the people are from his clan, I said would be safe to say most are. And their proud is blinding them from the evil he has done. And the others their proud is also blinding them from the good he has done. I myself don't know any history about Somalia so I won't judge if he was a hero or not. Just learnt the guys name frew years ago so that's all. ;)

I think Somalis are a nation with "too many" heroes, think about it daroid , hawaye , isaac.... these are all heroes to generations of somalis. A British observer one said that the somalis where a civilised people but " every man ones to be his own master".Just like Saddam some people see Siad Bare as a hero. As they say one mans freedom fighter maybe another mans "terrorist".

Although the British annihilation of the Somali leader, Mohamed Abdullah Hassan - in England normally known as "the mad Mullah" - took twenty years and was finally made utilizing an independent air force unit, this war is not well known to the public. And yet this is the story of one of the first examples of the utilization of modern arms against a powerful people's army, who had the nearly total control of an immense area with strong-points which could not be overrun without extremely severe losses, and with utilization of the sanctuary on the other side of international borders. The parallel with Vietnam is obvious.

It has been argued as to whether Sheikh Mohamed was a tribalist or a nationalist. It might be a rather theoretical question in this environment, but the national pride can be seen in a letter he wrote to the English people in 1903: "If the country was cultivated or contained houses or property it would be worth your while to fight. The country is all jungle and that is no use to you. If you want wood or stone you can get them in plenty. There are also many ants heaps. The sun is very hot. All you can get from me is war, nothing else".

http://www.chakoten.dk/mad_mullah.html

ScarFace   

^^^ i don't think people are argue because of his clan, rather whether he did anything for the country or not. It always surprises me that when people die they are portrayed as saints just because they are dead. The fact of the matter is that he was an ***** and a murder, the fact that he is dead is a blessing, too bad he did not take the rest of his war lords and soldiers with him. It would have gone along way to reduce resentment and complications that exists in Somalia now. I could not care what clan he was in any case.

ibtisam just eat your fish & chips.......coz it seems like you havent got a single clue about somalia and its history.....how can you chat breeze when you havent even been raised in the bloody country.......the only people that can pass judgement is the ones that were there who went through the hardship and the ones that got the pleasures......for once will you stop repeating the same ole shit......

first of all did the man kill your mother,father,brother or anyone in your family.... did he abuse your clan or your relatives....... if he did then you can hate him as much as you want........

but the funniest thing is your half breed who hasnt been raised in somalia,..........and the amount of hate thats coming out of your mouth is just making me laugh.....the man is dead f...uck....he's dead......move on......he had his time./..... he lived his time........done things that were great in his time....done things that was bad...........

move on and stop repeatin yourself....no one is portraying the man as a saint......whatever he did is between him and his lord.........BLOODY hell YOU KEEP SAYIN YOU DONT CARE ABOUT what clan he is but i think you do.........come correct :D

Hayat   

calm down scarface, i will do what Zafir once did for me: yells out * war biyo qaboow la soo daqsada * :D

Originally posted by ScarFace:

but the funniest thing is your half breed who hasnt been raised in somalia,

Aren't we all half breed: 50% of our DNA from mother, the other 50% from father. Or so I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong.

whatever he did is between him and his lord

True now that he is dead. The Lord will punish and show him no clemency for what he got away with while here on earth. If he doesn't then the Lord would be unjust. I hope and pray he rots in hell.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

Originally posted by besbaaso:

[qb]

Next - you will tell me Sadaam Hussien is a cuddly do-gooder who has been maligned.
redface.gif

Next people will be saying Hilter was swell. Siad let genocide happen to his own people, yet somalis still defend him?

Why do people keep saying stop bad mouthing the Siad? The guy deserves to be discussed. Whether it's good or bad.. Was he not part of history?. It does us good to talk about the history, so somalis don’t repeat it again

Anyways. Continue..............

Baashi   

Huh! what you know!

Somalia is full of heroes buddy. Barwaaqo is right on the money. As to national hero, I for one don't know.