Sign in to follow this  
Afro

Somalis, A NATION WITHOUT HEROs.

Afro   

A nation without heros can not be CALLED a nation, every nation needs heros to look up to THEM as role models and inspration figurs, almos every nation has heros except Somalis, A hero should be someone who's done great things for his people e.g freedom fighting,(Mandela of South africa, Omar mokhtar of Libya, De goul of France, The Mahdi of Sudan) etc, or someone who was graet on science and Art, or Islamic knowledge, or someone with great sacrifice.

So who are our heros, I think none, you might think what about the great Sayid Max'ed, well with great respect to his heroec action against the British the fact is he was not a uniting figur, he was hot headed arrogant who wiped out anyone who questioned his tactics, he did a great thing, but he also killed lots of innocent somalis.

But what about Axmed Gurey, well Axmed Gurey was not a somalian, he was an Ethiopian muslim who came to Zeylac to fight against the ethiopian crusaiders.

CHECK THIS WHAT ABOUT SIYAD BARRE, SURELY HE WAS GRAET IN MANY WAYS, HE HOLD THE COUNTRY TOGETHER, WROTE THE SOMALI LANGUAGE, AND BUILT MANY GOOD PROJECTS, BUT HIS HUMAN RIGHTS RECORD WERE VERY POOR, HIS TROOPS KILLED LOTS OF SOMALIS IN CENTRAL AND NORTHERN SOMALIA, HE LED US TO A DESASTROUS, WASTEFUL WAR AGAINS ETHIOPIA, SO SURELY HE IS NOT A UNITING FIGUR TO BE CALLED A NATIONAL HERO.

WHAT ABOUT ADAN ADDE, ABDIRASHID SHARMAKE, AIDEED, ALI MAHDI, AIDEED, A/KASIM, AND LATELY A/LAHI YUSUF, I THINK THE FIRST TWO DID GREAT JOB IN A TURBILANT TIMES, BUT SURELY THEY CAN NOT BE CALLED NATIONAL HEROS, THE REST OF THE LIST ARE MEN WITH BLOOD ALL OVER THEIR BODIES.

SO DO YOU HAVE A HERO, AND PLS TELL US WHO IT IS?

Ibtisam   

Mandela of South Africa is not a hero; everyone knows he is pants; dig a little deeper PLZ

SIYAD BARRE, SURELY HE WAS GRAET IN MANY WAYS,

:mad: i didn’t read further than that. How can you even type such words!!! :mad: i think you have bigger problems than finding a hero.

:rolleyes:

^^^ Eedo easy on Mandela .. hero's are made and sometimes a created hero is wat a nation needs .. tats wat he offered to South Africa .. and as long as he did that so be it ..

Some might even say Gandhi was an elitest acting like a puaper.. as long as u acheive change u are a hero full stop ...

so roll on 2016 ... thats when the Somali hero will be unveiled ..

Ibtisam   

. You keep changing you bloody name^ are you that bored :rolleyes:

People like Mandela is why Africa has not moved forward. They passive everyone.

By the way. i can never be your edo, so rest your little self :rolleyes: and what is happening 2016

Afro   

Ibtisam

i didn’t read further than that. How can you even type such words!!! i think you have bigger problems than finding a hero.

Well it would be foolish to deny Siad Barre the great things he did, the biggest being holding a country together, writing the Somali language, building some very good projects, making somalia a respectable country in Afrika, but it would also be wrong to deny his crimes against somali people, he was a blood thirsty creature who wiped out cities like Hargeysa and Burco, he led us to a foolish war againist Ethiopia, So get used to these facts and don't be caried away by tribel emotions, learn from the last 15 years.

People like Mandela is why Africa has not moved forward. They passive everyone.

By the way. i can never be your edo, so rest your little self and what is happening 2016

Again you are just ranting without facts, Mandella is a hero respected by the vast majority of the world, muslims and non muslims, blacks and whites, africans and non africans. He fought appartaid his own way, can you imagen spending 27 years between four walls, he refused to baw down and compromise, he was even pressured to denauce his principles and join the government, but he refused and chose to spend long long time in jail, so if that is not heroism, tell me what?

Ibtisam   

Firstly. I have no attachments or blinded by any tribe, someone who lacks a tribe themselves does not affiliate themselves with people that they do not share anything with. So you are wrong to assume that I am blinded by tribe etc. My pass 15yrs have been perfect, living on fish and chips is not hard at all. But as a human rights campaigner I have issues with that man. The problems Somalia is having up to till this day is an extension of his evil actions. He hired a couple of hold guys to write the alphabets, mind you, it is not necessarily a good things, not from my perspectives, because if it was not for him, Somalis would've still been using Arabic, and i would be having an easy life.

In any case I think at times someone’s faults and human rights abuses can far over weigh any supposed good they did.

Back to Mandela, what you have typed in one version, the popularised version. Read around and you will find his so called four by four cell looks different from m angle. Good luck with your research.

Cheers

ElPunto   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Back to Mandela, what you have typed in one version, the popularised version. Read around and you will find his so called four by four cell looks different from m angle. Good luck with your research.

Cheers

Could you enlighten me on this point? :confused: :confused:

ScarFace   

But as a human rights campaigner I have issues with that man. The problems Somalia is having up to till this day is an extension of his evil actions.

I had to laugh human rights campaigner you been eating too much fish and chips.......

Dont blame the somali problem on the guy... the man built somalia for the 21 yrs he ruled.....schools,health system and the bloody economy.....

he may have done things that are bad thats his wrong doings but dont deny the fact that somalia was a strong nation before the civil war.....

get your facts straight woman before you ramp about the man........ :D

Ibtisam   

ThePoint i will try and find you a good book on the issue.

Scarface :rolleyes: that’s 21years that I didn’t see, I guess it depends on where you (your family was sitting) some people are not so thankful for his crimes. As far as i am concerned, he and every single warlord are idiotic, evil people that deserve the back of my shoe. And people who have admiration for them need to be slapped into reality :D no disrespect. In fact i am against any Somali man over the age of 35, they are the roots of all problems, and responsibly for spreading hate and twistedness/ backwardness. Get rid of them an dyou will get peace in somalia

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

How about Prophet Muhammed (Salalahu Calayhe wasalam) for delievering the devine message to us from Allah exalted in might, and therefore showing us the right path to happiness . Did anyone consider our beloved prophet. Surely every nation has had a hero, and the hero of this nation called Islam was Muhammed, peace and blessings be upon him, and Somalis ladies and gentelman are part of the Islamic nation.

Peace,

Assalamu Calaykum.

ScarFace   

Iby the fact is somalia wouldnt be the same as it was once before......

look at the difference between now and back then..... the people wer healthy, eating and happy.....some wer happy others werent....different situation....different times...different people.... :(

Ibtisam   

look at the difference between now and back then..... the people wer healthy, eating and happy.....some wer happy others werent....different situation....different times...different people....

What!!!

Maybe you were happy, healthy and eating well, but there are many who will disagree with you. Situations are the product of time. The current situation is a direct result of the Siyaad’s bad rule, which has been reproduced, time and time again. I doubt you will ever get a Somali government that cares 2cents about anyone but the little town and diverting funds.

I agree with REd sea....

We got a hero..and that is the prophet p.b.u.m.

There is none like him' he was complete in every way and that is elevation from Allah.

Anyone would get all the respect...if they follow him the proper way.

case closed.

hodman   

^^^wasn't the question about a Somali hero? The prophet SAW is the hero of the whole world not Somalis alone. I woulda sweared that Mandela was a hero so let us in on what you know Ibtisam and ease up on the Siyad issue afteral the man IS dead and he is not the only reason Somalis are messed up