Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

LooooooooL@Shaax Caano.....I remember as kid little girls being told Shaaxa Naaso keenaay which apparently another dreaded thing for young gal back in the old country. I always use to wonder Wiilashana muxuu Shaaxo Caano u keynaa.

I was so at a loss for words- unusual in me- that the boss talked for me and I heard enough to make my decision to leave without making a fuss(not that I told her I'm going). The battle is not worth it. I was told that one of us in the team would break, it was a matter of time, and that person could be me or X or Y. When your boss knows someone's going to break soon butclaims there is nothing that is going on to warrant her even give a warning you know that any battle had better be worth the job. It's not quite frankly. The pay's good sure and I'll lose the bonus when I leave soon inshallah but I looked at the evidence- 8 people out of the 17 who were on the team this time last year have left already. I talked to a few rational people who gave me a better insight into management and HR(biased) and was left feeling clear on the matter- go while the going isn't as bad as it can be 2 months from now.

I also made sure I told an office gossip of some of the troubles. In my conversation with the boss I realised she had her 'story of Sheh's exit' already written and rehearsed. When I'm gone she'll tell her side of the story and the gossip will tell another and everybody knows the gossip is a far more delicious story to hear and spread. It'll retain enough of a truth to ring true in somebody else's ear long after I am but a rumour and that person can stay and fight or flee for dear life. And I wish him or her the best of luck.

I have not yet ruled out haunting them in a more concrete manner when I'm gone.(Ngonge I will let you know what I walaaq in a digsi at that stage lol)

Never give your employer the impression you NEED the job. And choose your battles wisely(a good all-round tip).

Oh, darn I forgot I found out also that in a 3 year period the exit rate was 75%. A lot of people somewhere are in denial. Ha u macaanaato, I am outta there. smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

^^I see another courst case looming :D

Arn't we all busy today after yesterday's shananigans? Or is it case of waking up after lunch?

NGONGE   

^^

She's wasting her time with this career of hers you know. Her true calling is in a local law centre or a citizens' advice bureau (and that's just the voluntary stuff). :D

She's got Magistrate Court written all over her face, hasn't she? :D

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

Kreepy Kid

Unless you are bloke enjoying detoxiation with his summer flowery dress, I always assumed that you were a bloke.

I am a woman who has a huge masculine streak

Baashi   

Shez, you wouldn't believe the things I put up with day in and day out. Hang in there and ignore all the bety stuff..

I realized I hate work.

I love the paychecks though.

Anyway to have one without the other? What are some of those bullshit jobs that have great pay? I need a bullshit job.

5634.jpg

Maybe a government job. :D

^our boss sets us up against one another. She will assign you a task and a while later- days or weeks- she will drag somebody else in and dangle your work as a carrot; this other person will take the task on unknowingly. You and this other person then have an argument or a strained relationship as a result and boss comes out of it smelling of roses as she's so good at it she's the last to be suspected. I'm on to her now and so is another member of the team; together we are tightening up the processes to make any games less disruptive to us.

Even today she pulled the stunt and two others ended up having an argument. The younger one was too naive and full of ego to realise he wasn't being assigned the task cause 'he's the man' but because she just wants it done by hook or by crook. She got flustered and said they should work on it together wtf was the big deal- all innocence and English rose. I walked away from my desk to hide my smile.

LoL. I just deal with her another way now. I work out what she really wants to have done and leave it to last. She will never ask why- she'll find somebody else to do it. Works for me. smile.gif I also follow a strict project plan that accounts for my time. Any surprises dumped on me carelessly will have to find a place in the plan and if they can't they just don't get done.

No court on this one for me. I will smile while she simmers with frustration and that will be all the satisfaction I need.

Naden   

Originally posted by Jolie Femme:

Anyway to have one without the other? What are some of those
that have great pay? I need a bullshit job.

Director of First Impressions :D

I actually saw a few with that title. They size up new candidates for a position and report to an interviewing manager. You may have to wear too much lipstick and hooker shoes but pay is not bad for a bullshit job.

roobleh   

I am glad my job which I love it and enjoy doing it allows no bullshit from any director or supervisor. We all share the responsibility by becoming the LEAD TECHNOLOGIST(resolve any disbutes between the lab and doctors/nurses and check attendences and sick calls) once every week. Even the supervisors and section leads will come under you that day! :D

Everything that you do must agree with the PROCEDURE book that is updated and contributed by most of us which the medical director who is a pathologist approves it. Even the lab director cannot tell you otherwise. Any disagreement which happens sometimes is resolved by conducting the PROCEDURE book or the 'bible' as some call it or any other stablished reference books. You're your own boss and do diagnostic tests independently with no interference.

I recommend anyone who loves science and the medical field but do not want to be a doctor/nurse(never liked) to consider becoming a Clinical Laboratory Scientist sometimes called Medical Technologist. It will reward you with a good pay plus a lot of sattisfaction! I grantee it.

roobleh   

I am glad my job which I love it and enjoy doing it allows no bullshit from any director or supervisor. We all share the responsibility by becoming the LEAD TECHNOLOGIST(resolve any disbutes between the lab and doctors/nurses and check attendences and sick calls) once every week. Even the supervisors and section leads will come under you that day! :D

Everything that you do must agree with the PROCEDURE book that is updated and contributed by most of us which the medical director who is a pathologist approves it. Even the lab director cannot tell you otherwise. Any disagreement which happens sometimes is resolved by conducting the PROCEDURE book or the 'bible' as some call it or any other stablished reference books. You're your own boss and do diagnostic tests independently with no interference.

I recommend anyone who loves science and the medical field but do not want to be a doctor/nurse(never liked) to consider becoming a Clinical Laboratory Scientist sometimes called Medical Technologist. It will reward you with a good pay plus a lot of sattisfaction! I grantee it.