Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Baashi   

Your boss has always the upper hand. Ya see the procedures and what have you might come handy when your boss makes a wrong move contrary to the established protocols. The thing is they too know all the rules and can make your live on the job so miserable without violating all these rules.

Annual reviews

Promotions

Vactaions

Assignments

Developmental opps

With that they indeed have the upper hand...unless you wanna play I'm black I'm woman I'm this and that card BS.

roobleh   

Vacations: Its on the wall and everybody signs it once every year, so they cannot change it.

Promotions: Yes, your supervisor have a say but since everybody knows what everyone in the lab is known for: hardworking, shows on time, zero errors, contributes and shows on siminars, have done his/her continuing education etc. they cannot actually do a lot of harm.

Assignments: Nobody assings you to do anything other than put your name this week on different sections of the lab,for example, in the hematology or in bacteriology but that is done aheard of time, every six months. So there are no surprises usually.

Inorder your boss to make your job misserable the lab director have to agree with them, then they can do some unfavorable things to you,for example, give you a 1-2% annual salary increase instead of 3-6%. But once they do that they know they going to lose you. There is a nationwide shortage of lab professionals and if they hire one it usually means training them on new analyzers which takes about six months before they make them lose in the lab to work independently. And that costs a lot of money!

Pujah   

^no one is indispensable...generally whoever you report to can make your life miserable in many ways if they choose to but why get on their bad side to begin with eh

Ibtisam   

I love my job :D What other job will allow me to take 3weeks off, then come back and chat for 2hrs before even looking at what needs to be done! Pluz the temp will stay for the whole of next week to ensure handover and review of how they coped while i was gone smile.gif You can bet i'm make them do the work for the whole of next week, while i catch up with everyone in the building :D

Sheh: Good on ya, I would've killed her by now :D

NGONGE   

Sheh,

Why are you unhappy about this boss of yours? She sounds like a classic gun-loader! I used to have a boss like that and I dearly miss him now. Work was fun. You always came in wondering what new problem, disaster or crisis your boss has engineered for you.

Of course, when I say it's fun I mean that it's only fun when you know that your boss is behind all the problems. If you were the innocent type that doesn't suspect a thing then life would feel like hell. :D

STOIC   

It is official that I hate my job with a passion.Especially when you have three managers double checking your work.From the technical director to the Quality Assuarance manager to the Laboratory Manager.I hate all this mess.I am about to scream inside the laboratory right now.My advice to any science major never ever work as an analyst at an Environmental laboratory. :mad:

PS It is Friday and I am about to count down the minutes till I get out of that door. :D

Ibtisam   

I'm sooo bored, where are all the UK slackers (& Dubai, Somalialand) who update threads normally! redface.gif ish, 5.00 o'clock never seem so far. :(

Malika   

^^^From above posts they all seem too busy doing their ever so important jobs..lol

I got so much to do,but brain is so tired,body is like wise...I need to sleep! or perharps go dancing tonight!

Xan,send a pm with the juicy info re women back home...eey,that will probably wake me up!

Ibtisam   

^^^lol, I can't be asked :( too lazy and tired and i don't know what else.

by the way congrats smile.gif hope it all goes well

My friend is getting married 2night, so i'm going dancing tonight, wanna come??? :D

Malika   

^^Is it a Somali wedding? cant bare the two step dancing routines, I got salsa in mind though..

Thanks! I cant wait!, 7 weeks of sun,sand and siesta ,ofcourse including the entertainer..lol :D:D

Ms DD   

Salaam aleykum girls

I also dont like my job....and it took me 7yrs to realise it. I can do so much better but One thing i know for sure is the fact that I wont get glowing reference. My bosses fired about 15 people in the time I was with them. The reason I lovEd this job was: Having my own office to pray, being allowed to wear my abaaya and hijab, flexibility in working some weekends whilst taking time off on weekdays etc.

Now they are getting on my nerves so I am forcing their hand to fire me instead of working off the 2months notice.

I so much wanted to stuff and this job has stopped me doing that. Now I wanna go to Umra for 3 weeks but I am only allowed 2weeks holiday!

Off to lunch now

Ibtisam   

Ms D&D

Sorry to hear it sis, but yeah leave, take a holiday and go umrah and when you come back look for another job :D

Munira:^^^lool^ i thought you'd be looking forward to something else too! loool.

Hey what site did you use, and i hope it is not hungri :D

Yeah somali wedding, I like to watch the old ladies jump about, the two step puts me to sleep, i normally leave as soon as the old ladies leave, say by 12.00. lol

I know this great salsa place in north London, it is the best on thursday nyts, they even have a teacher on stand by in case you don't know what you are doing! lol.

Malika   

Loool,@Website, nayareheen igaa dayaa dacayaadan..lol.

Hunguri aa? Naw!,shekaad kentee..I am sure he is a decent individual,and I would have been extremely lucky to trap him... icon_razz.gif

But nah,I got a better deal from a catalogue..have you heard about this new invention,where one choices a Groom from a Catalogue,it gives you the option of mix and matching,then they clone the perfect man for you...

Malika   

Is work just a pain in the neck,if only we were living on trees,picking fruits and just picking nits off each other all day..blissful life eey.. :D:D:D

Ms D,dont wait until they kick you out,get out while things are good between you and them...find another job before you quit this one,while on the process of working the notice,you take your holiday adding the extra week as a sicky..only if you have an understanding GP.