Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Ariadne   

Okay so I am doing this detox thing for a bout a couple of weeks.

I am into week one. So I haven't eaten any food since the last week of may. I don't get hungary strangely enough (that stopped on the third day).... but I have noticed my sense of smell is super heightened.

I took a walk today and was assaulted by the amount of different smells I would walk into or past. And how the mingled and mixed into lethal combinations that were like a sledgehammer of scent to my nose.

It was too much!

Okay so while I was taking this walk. This old lady said to me

"you look so beautiful, and soo summery with your lovely dress"

and I was beaming from the compliment so after I thanked her

I started to walk away and she said

"and you've even got a nice even tan"

Needless to say I have been laughing all day.

I don't think it ever occured to her I might be black cause I'm in northern Canada ( like beyond the tree line) and there just ain't no black folks here.

N.O.R.F   

What is it with kids these days? I advise them on what course to take for uni only for them to call and say they want to switch cos its 'boring' :rolleyes:

Bal ya usheega?

Ms DD   

Kreepy Kid

Unless you are bloke enjoying detoxiation with his summer flowery dress, I always assumed that you were a bloke.

Northerner

Bal u sheega what? That the decision they make now will forever haunt them if it aint the right one? I know the feeling very well. It is better though that they make their own decisions rather than blaming for you for a course they dont enjoy/succeed.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

^ Urm...What took you so long? Waxaan rabaa tips on sida looga matajiyo dodgy employers.

Easy, feed them the law.

ACAS

trade union congress- bullying

Commission for racial equality

Equal Opportunities Commission

Educate yourself, first. Read everything you can get your hands on on employment law. Flush your emotions down the toilet, they won't serve you well- this is probably the best advice I can give you(in fact I am going to need this myself tomorrow). Get things in writing. You don't have to explicitly ask for things in writing. Send an email off reiterating the chat you just had(be nice however nauseating, you know, thank you John for taking the time to address the trouble I am having...I appreciate your honesty when you ..I still see it differently and hope that we can come to some... sh*t or other). The best thing to do is to appear sane even when you want to do or say something that may bring instant relief. What was it Ivana Trump said, 'Don't get mad, get everything'.

If you have a backlog of other material that may be of use, don't wait, print them off and keep them at home.

They'll take you more seriously if you talk rationally. Remember everybody has something to lose, work out what those involved have to lose and if all else fails, have them find themselves in those situations mysteriously. Most of the battle is psychological. **** with their heads.

Write me if you need further advice. I know a good employment lawyer unfortunately. ;)

^ Thank you, dear. I contacted the ACAS helpline last wk and they were helpful. At the moment I'm sitting on my hands as my manager is trying to sort it out on my behalf (at least I have her support, ey). However, I think I'll probably need a lawyer at some point as it's likely to get ugly in the next month or so (altho I hope it doesn't).

What sort of trouble are you having? Good luck for tomorrow.

^Don't count on her support for too long- she's human and may find it's not worth her while.

There must be a grievance procedure first before it can go to tribunal. If it goes to tribunal you may not need a lawyer- they cost an arm and a leg- and can represent yourself. I did. It was doable. I also supported a friend- she's waiting to hear. It's stressful but I got a buzz from it.

Incompetence, bullying, back-stabbing, lying, trap-laying, tension, stress, all happening around me and to me to some extent. Something is afoot, my senses are tingling. I have a plan. I will also make clear that I sense somebody is being prepared for a fall and that I will have no part in it.

Ibtisam   

I need to make myself to get back to work, or maybe i'll take rest of the week off!

I can't sleep :( i think i need a holiday.

Val & sheh Good luck

Just finished watching Oceans 13, really good :D bette than 12, as good as 11

Malika   

Xanthus, your still jetlagged dear! after a two week dashing in and out of Africa has stimulated you well enough..Africa has that effect on people..are you thinking of all the possibilities,all that you could do for your people?

She,Val good luck!,I hate the working enviroment gossips,backbating,racism etc etc..but it happens..