Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Faheema.   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Wouldn't it be a refreshing change to tell people exactly what you thought of them?

I am this ::: close to doing so today... :mad:

Zuheyla, thanks. Sounds nice. I went a similar place in Kingston not too ago, I think it was called the blue Hawaii.

North, get outta here :mad:

N.O.R.F   

LoL,

Try Mumtaz. Never been to their London restaurant but judging by their Bradford one the food is sooo tasty you will order some to take home :cool: .

Ariadne   

I was apart of this art show yesterday called

A fair

It was all site specific installations and performances.

I did a performance titled Story Me Stat!

the concept of the performances was around storytelling and the loss of storytelling in western culture except of course (the theatre).

The transferance and transfromations that stories undergo. like when you retell it the essence is still the same, but something is always is different ( and thats the part of ourselves we put in).

So I made 20 dolls based on folklore from all around the world. I wrapped them in their own stories and packaged them. I invited people into my living room to have tea ( it was an istallation of my furniture in a gallery) and to exchange an object and a story with me for a package.

The rules on the stroies were they would have to be either folk tales or a personal story of substance.

the aftermath one of my favourite performances

because it was soo relaxed. I got to hear incredible stories ranging from sad and intense

to inspirational and tides of fortune coincidental. As well as stories of what could have been.

The objects that I was given are as diverse as the particpants.

I was given a ciggarette, a railroad spike a ring and some euros to name a few objects.

So I have tape recordings of these stories and these objects and I am not sure what to do with them.

^share them!

Mumtaz, I ate there when I once went to Bradford and the food was delicious.

Try Mildred's in Soho. Vegetarian and frumpy by name; good food, cosy environment.

Oh, just remembered, forget the others, try this one first; awesome food, quirky atmosphere and here's a 360 tour: look. MAke sure you choose the different views to see the different areas of the restaurant.

It's called Yauatcha. There's a tea room upsatirs with the prettiest desserts on display and they taste divine- I had sample after sample and I mean sample. Ask and you shall receive. :D

Castro   

^^^^ You like Dim Sum too? And that Yauatcha place at today's exchange rate would cost $75. :eek: Is that before or after taxes and tips?

I love Dim Sum but not for $75. Unless it comes with a lap dance. ;)

^ I cycle and slaver past that place every week and as pretty as the deserts are (and they are) i'm yet to feel that my wallet needs to go on a diet.

P.s if you want character, just go any of the restaurants in china town .. the crazy smoked, boiled, and barbecued wildlife on display and waiters that give you dirty looks should keep you entertained

pps.

whats wrong with a £4.00 kebab a carton of juice and knees up in town given the warm weather, or you worried that the pitta bread might clash with your pals colour coded suits ;)

kreepy kid,

interesting, if you keeping it simple and relaxed why not just continue and just seat the audience in front of the stories and have them watch and listen the way you did

Castro, I don't what those people eat to justify that kind of money; the stuff I've eaten hasn't added up to that. Perhaps it's the alcohol.

CG, I've only been a couple of times and the food has been divine and so filling I've not been tempted by dessert. A couple of friends were once buying some funkily flavoured biscuits- the ones you cycle past, u fool( smile.gif ) and the girls behind the counter kept offering me cardamon, chocolate lime flavoured biscuits to nibble on for minutes on end. My friends went home with dainty boxes of treats and I left with a belly-full of pretty. Cycle in one day.

Edit: Err, colour coded suits?

Edit2: Oh. smile.gif

^whenever you like, lose the bike. I glide.

I checked my bank details to see how much I paid that last time. £24.75. I think it's the only Chinese restaurant with a Michelin star. Not that I care, the food's sublime.

Akh, did you say kebab? It's like eating harag maroodi. Shawarma la qaatay.

shehehe my bike is my baby, she takes me everywhere .. how would she feel if i ditched her for tasty looking flavoured biscuits, anyhow she has space for you to glide on.

wrt the harag maroodi, did you try that the Canton Garden in Brewer St. by any chance? Any how she was after an experience, is there more of an experience than the taste of a turkmans half a days worth of sweat, mixed with the classic mystery sauce lovingly splashed on pigeon meat.