Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Saving Money

^An Infiniti eh? Sedan or FXs? $70 is how much I pay for a month sis, that Nissan made car must be V8 or something, what a well to fill..As for the eating out weekends mmmm what kinda Sturgeon Caviar or Sevruga Caviar cost that much lady? You gotta to cut them expensive diners. :D

Che, maku habaaraa ina abti :mad: why remind me of my money wooes :( .

I'm like a walking spending machine, me thinks. I spend way too much money on food, coffee and shopping. I have nothing to show for kaaga sii daran. I spent $1000 in two weeks redface.gifredface.gif I wish I knew what I spent that money on, just going out, @

$20 here $30 there and it was all gone redface.gifredface.gif I tried taking only cash because the card enables me. But I get nervous with cash too.

Malika   

I am a terrible spender,actually there must be a name for my illness.."happy only when loaded" , you dont want to be around me when I dont have money..I make a plan every new years eve,that this year is the year to build that little villa by the sea,to save enough so to kick start that plan of retiring early..to that villa by the sea[in my mind]..Markaa Habaryar,maxaa kulaa talinaa anagii baa tenaa naheysaa! :(:D

But definitely, I too should cut out on eating out,lavish spending money on expensive food and then not eating it,which then ends in a the bin.This is my worst crime,I do not know how to cook enough for the family,then we have left's over, which no one will eat the next day ..They will rather not eat anything that day then eat left overs..I know we are spoiled and committing sin.

Now,was this thread supposed to be helpful or was it to remind us of our foolishness?

I for one is a fool when it comes to money.

My name is Malika *AA meeting style introduction*

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

On coffee alone, I spend roughly $1,306.70. per year.Eating out costs me roughly $4,380 and sending money to Somalia costs about $5,000 yearly ( I don't know how I could save money on this) what's your yearly expense and how much could you save if you tighten up your belt?

ZOMG you just made me realize how much money I spend on coffee ZOMG. Obviously not as much as you since I ist just a poor student but a lot, still.

I'm being robbed voluntarily! Gotta switch to tea.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

On coffee alone, I spend roughly $1,306.70. per year.Eating out costs me roughly $4,380 and sending money to Somalia costs about $5,000 yearly ( I don't know how I could save money on this) what's your yearly expense and how much could you save if you tighten up your belt?

You frugal summa'ma biaj. A measly $1300 on coffee? No wonder starbucks is closing offices. Build the economy,Eat out,spend a lot. Consumer confidence is at record low level and we do not want Ng & his cronies scaring the shztille out of you. :D

As for a gal eating out: I think there oughta be a law that bans such.[Yes,Ibti,a LAW!] smile.gif

The Zack   

There are a lot of times you can't control how much you are spending and there are times you can. It is all about your short term goals. For instance, if you know you are getting married on the summer of 2010 you will definitely save some 20g's or so in less than a year. So again it is all about goals, mudane Che.

The Zack   

^Geel_jire, that is not really expensive when the furnture alone could cost more than $10,00O or so. The thing is getting expensive these days. It gets cheaper though (I heard LOL) when you are doing the 2nd, 3rd, etc..

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

^An Infiniti eh? Sedan or FXs? $70 is how much I pay for a month sis, that Nissan made car must be V8 or something, what a well to fill..As for the eating out weekends mmmm what kinda Sturgeon Caviar or Sevruga Caviar cost that much lady? You gotta to cut them expensive diners.
:D

It is a V6 Sedan, and not bad on gas...I am curious to know what kinda car you drive that you only spend $70/month on gas? Or may be you just don't travel that much?

I don't eat at expensive restaurants, heck even McDonald's for three costs close to $20 maxaa kasugee maqaayad caadi ah? :D

The way I see it is that what is the point of working hard if you aren't enjoying lacagtaada...Ka nooloow, ka raaxeyso, kana muuqo...

Indhoos   

^^^I drive 1992 Honda Civic...it sounds like the channel four news chopper, but so what? I just need to fix the tail-pipe and in the meantime, the neighbors are getting free wake-up call service.

I spend about five dollars per week.

Originally posted by Indhoos:

^^^I drive 1992 Honda Civic...it sounds like the channel four news chopper, but so what? I just need to fix the tail-pipe and in the meantime, the neighbors are getting free wake-up call service.

I spend about five dollars per week.

L0L@channel four chopper.

Cabdow   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

NG has a great point.

marriage solved my money problems.

before marriage I made roughly the same amount .. which was quite a bit .. but somehow it was never enough and I could never figure out where it all went.

now I send money to both families and we have more expenses but there always seems to be some left over.

War ninyow nin xaasley ah oo war kheer qaba sheegi adi unbaan ka arkay, ma kaa dhab ba adeer, mise jabka raggu hawada qeebsadaan baad leedahay smile.gif

Ps. As long some portion of one's earnings is given to Sadaqa, the rest don't really matter how one spends as it will be 'Barakanized' anyways, Or so i think!

:D @Malika & Indhoos

Zakinah   

This notion is not new to somalis, that marriage fixes wax kaste..Maybe inanka waxuu helay inan ku fiican lacagta...ayuuto $30grand beey galisay and he is good to go.

Sophist   

KK, as lady your spending is reasonable.

CHE, When I was young lad if I wanted to save money I had to have a reason!. You need to think about why you want to save- oftentimes mine was to set up a trust fund for my future kids!. Your case, geelee aad xaaska kabixin laheyd lacagta udhaqaaleyso- mise go'aan aheyne geel mabixineysid miyaah?

S.

Alhamdulilah am not sending any money back home as i dont have that many realtives back there. And those that are there are doing quite good for themselves but i definetly need to do some cuts to dining-outs and coffe of which the latter is worse