Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Saving Money

BOB   

I do eat out for I can't cook and I don't want to know how much I spend on it. :D

I can't live without my tea but that only costs far less than you can imagine because tea is one of the few things I know how to make marka waanba ku baashaalaa sameeskiisa camal nooh... smile.gif

Waa neccessary in lacag loo diraa dadka jooga back home...in fact that's one of the few things that I'm proud of the Somali people regardless meeshee joogaan ama how little one may have...Maasha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Kool_Kat   

Che, my spending worries are not on coffee or lunch... :( I don't drink coffee any more; I try my best to bring lunch and if it isn't possible hubby brings it to me at my lunch hour...Besides, $5 here, $7 there twice or three times a week doesn't worry me as much as wax yaalaha kale aan u baahneen oo aan lacag ku qasaariyo...

Magazines = $100/yr

Gas = $3500/yr

Shopping = $5500/yr (that's not counting what I spend on my daughter)

Eating out on weekends = $3000/yr

Gifts (baby/bridal showers, birthdays) = $1000/yr

Let's just say, I spend a lot more than I should... :( :mad:

Juxa   

Ngonge, yaa kudhahay marriage saves money, allahu akbar, your spending doubles.

Che and abti, my fellow laziyaal people, you can save alot by taking packed lunch to work, coffeega iska dhaafa or make it yourself at work.

as the money sent to back home, it adds to alot walahi specially to those taking over from late parents. big shoes to fill and families to feed.

gone are the days £100 ka qeylin jirnay a month:(

NGONGE   

^^ juxa,

You are female. Females have money problems even when they are billionaires. But when men get married, all the money problems disappear. Bal ask KK. :D

Zakinah   

Asc Solers, Che and ladies you r all not alone.These habits that we picked up are very hard to get rid off..Coffee la walaaqay at work is not the same as the capo u get @ur fav coffe place...

Buuxo, u need to stop speeding woman n parking @ inappropraite places.

Juxa   

how can a married woman have money problems? where is the money-well that is called husband?

have not had money problem since age 16, when i realised pocket money was not enough for my patat-oorlog (chips).

Blessed   

NG, Not my hubby. LOL

Budget first, Che. Treat savings as a bill and coffee as a luxuary.

No tea / coffee making facility at work?

-Lily-   

I think too much eating out and coffees are a waste of money. Maybe you should have X amount of eating out allowance a week.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ juxa,

You are female. Females have money problems even when they are billionaires. But when men get married, all the money problems disappear. Bal ask KK.
:D

Well of course sir, maxeyba problem yeeshaan hadaanba lacagtiiyoo dhan anaga ka qaadano? :D

Juxa   

shakes her head at my fellow islaamo blessed n KK.

men should be seen as money vessels. ( i kid, i kid).

haye lets all be sensible and spend less of coffee and dinners. i bet KK would refuse the limit her spending habits on shoes.

^Blessed..There's coffee machine, but there's cross contimination of different coffeee and tea since the machine doesn't flash itself everytime someone uses it.

NGONGE...I don't know about that theory, but yes I'm young. My gal is good at saving and getting good bargains.

Juxa and Bob, I agree to help those that are back home though it's tough at times. If you don't help your people, who will?

Wow Ayeeyo, I guess you need to cut down too, though your shopping doesn't look bad.

Zakinah....So true smile.gif

NGONGE   

Che, it's a tried and tested method. You want to save money you better get married. Ask Xiin or JB or even (he'll hate the use of even) A&T. :D

Buuxo   

LOL@Ng...*Imagines you with a lunchbox & flask*

Zakinah,you know me too well.But it's not always my doing,it's often blatant lies and never have the time to appeal them.

BOB   

Che...That's the spirit.

Originally posted by *Buuxo*:

Zakinah

Who?

PS. How's the Honeymoon going. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.