Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Saving Money

On coffee alone, I spend roughly $1,306.70. per year.Eating out costs me roughly $4,380 and sending money to Somalia costs about $5,000 yearly ( I don't know how I could save money on this) what's your yearly expense and how much could you save if you tighten up your belt?

Fabregas   

You should try begging. Go to a town where there are no Somalis and sit outside an ATM/bank. Have a sign saying, "homeless, no food tonight". You will make at least 50-100 dollars per night roughly. :D

Jb..I wish I was rich, I wanna be wealthy actually.Money doesn't go far unless you are Rockofellar. What do you need to know exactly?

Fabregas....seriousl y man? something useful please!

Haatu   

i've seen a lot of families do this,

they get a book and pen and at the beginning of every month they write down what they are going to spend on what going by how much they earn.

Plus if you follow this rule, make sure to have an emergency fund coz anything can happen

Ibtisam   

Faheema just told me she is going to start giving me lunch expenditure because I spend too much on lunch alone. I think she was joking, but I might have to go back to taking £5 with me each day and leaving my purse and cards at home. I go out most evenings, yet again paying for food, and my junk food alone costs me about average of £10 a day. I really need to tighten my belt. Ramdhan is a good start.

Don't want to calculate how much I spend a year on food alone :eek: :eek: Subxanallah. :(

Buuxo   

^I tried preparing lunch and having the instant coffee at work.But it's hard habit to break,I think leaving the wallet might be a good idea.

Ibtisam   

^^^But then what if something happens and all you have is £5, you can't even give a £1 to a poor person, let alone emergency! I hate that.

Che, do you really send 5000k to Somalia a year? Where are these khaandaan loog, your spending these much money on? Seriously, you can cut the money you spend on food and coffee to at least half.

Buuxo   

^$5000 is not much for sending back home and add the money you might need to send if something un-expected occurs.

Ibti,True..but you could leave wallet in your car or something or take with you cards without pin and you would require to go to a Bank.

Ayeeyo...I'm trying to help me, you and rest.It actually feels good knowing we are not alone.Now we just need to curb the spending habit.

Gheelle.T They are in Galkayo, Nairobe, Malaysia, and the Hawd.I can definately improve on food and drinks.It's when you spend 8hrs at work, 6 hours (on different days) at school, and the rest catching up with mundane daily stuff and life. The Ramadan would help I hope.

Come on Ibti-calculate so I could feel better smile.gif

Jaanjuumow...Good rule if you could stick to it.

Haatu   

^i know

tried it once but gave up after two days. Don't know why, but just can't keep money in my pocket.

NGONGE   

Get a flask and make your own coffee. You should NOT be spending that much money on coffee, saaxib.

But the best way to save is to get married, Che. You will save five and a half thousand straight away (that's assuming you marry a normal woman).

Failing that, you need to set up a spreadsheet and jot down your expenses at the end of each day.

Or, you can just enjoy yourself for now. You're young and single. Why worry too much about what you spend?(you are young, right?) :D