Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Somaliland Activity Guide Thread 2011

BOB   

Jacaylbaro;718727 wrote:
Is that the same story as Borama ???? ,,,,, Warkaaga waa la bartay adiga ,,, lol

. Waryaahe sow adigii i diiday inaad Borama ii raacdo oo aad inanta reerkooda igala doonto? Ninyahow dhibka i heystaa baa wuxuu yahay waan nacay socdaalka gaar ahaan socdaalka dheer laakiin Insha Allah waxaan rabaa inaan soo Xajiyo sanadkaan Insha Allah then I hope my nomadic instincts will kick in Insha Allah laakiin ha is odhan inantii Borama joogtay wuu hilmaamay sababtoo ah qof la hilmaami karo ma aha weligeyna ma arag dumar aan u dhigo quruxdeeda iyo dabeecadeeda Maasha Allah...she has all the marwo quality that I look for in a lady. Peace, Love & Unity.

Naxar Nugaaleed;718764 wrote:
I hear the first rule when traveling in the third world is to make your own food and only drink bottle watered, you people going out to restaurants especially that first hole in wall are kinda brave. I hear you lose ten pounds on the first day, lol, is this true for you travelers?

Third world? do you even understand the exact meaning of the term?

Make your own food and drink bottle water? you've never been outside of philly have you?

*Ibtisam;718577 wrote:

Blessed, I stayed in a Hotel for 3nyts (moved out last nyt) (I didn't want to burden anyone to
"looking after me"
so ciidna uman sheeking I was there). I didst expect to find a job the next morning so it kinda threw me off and messed up my ME time, I walked passed the presidents house though and some of the wasaardo but no other tourist thing. Yiiks. Alhumdulilah though I'm sure I would've been bored by now.

lol@IBZ,

I wouldn't notice you if you had a ''look at me'' sign on your abaya!

198093_10150136392944250_675814249_64250

Going to the livestock market will only allow you to get more in 'touch' with your nomadic background. it should be on the itinerary list of any self-respecting, self-curing individual on a cultural detox programme. I, on other hand, though self-respecting, didn't feel the short trip to the livestock would put me in touch with anything - both imaginary or real.

BOB   

nuune;718897 wrote:
^^ inantii Borama cunugii labaad ay caloosha ku wadaa, ee taas ka samir tu kale raadi

. Maya Maya Maya taas marna ma dhicikarto oo nimaan aniga aheyn oo Xuural Ceyntaas geeya ma jiro ee Ninyahow yuusan xaal ku qabane dumaashidaa ka xishoo. :D. Peace, Love & Unity.

This is not the ideal guide some of us would follow. Come on people, Do you think AT&T would go to the Zoo. asagoo sedex naagood qaba ayuu ka tagi lahaa Hargaysa.

Blessed   

Alpha Blondy;718909 wrote:
lol@IBZ,

I wouldn't notice you if you had a ''look at me'' sign on your abaya!

Xagaad nagaa soo gashay ninyow. She was talking to me. Shooo! But before you do, tell what's the price of an awr? or Faras? :D

Ibts.

I tried to call you but saxibkeen baa iga soo horbooday with the dambsanyahay business. Anyway, about the Bruco thing, can I do it remotely? Best to email me with details, maaha? Xxx

Juxa;718870 wrote:
i dont think that is fair, i went back to somalia in 2001 and the people i visited were cleaner than the average qurbaawi.

food was cooked and eaten within 2 hours, everything was fresh. the only qashin was the mentality aan meeshan kala tagno.

ps: the roads etc were dirty but living in UK meelkasta dirty ah

you took what I was saying in the wrong direction, i never meant to comment on the cleanliness of the people you went to see but in eating outside and frankly alpha's post of that hole in the wall kinda reinforces that, lol.

alpha, you say that as if it was bad, i'll have you know that one does not need to go outside of philly, it has everything one needs as far as world experience, thank you very much....

222029_506874350672_309100058_120100_321

Somaliland maybe Africa's' best kept secret, but Somalilands' best kept secret is a tiny little Ethiopian eatery called Sharton - play-on 'sheraton hotel'. It serves the same food and provides the same excellent service, time and again. The owner, Mesfin, a personal and close friend of mine, is not only useful but speaks Somali and English. He assisted me in my recent travels to his country.

^^the issue bends down to pick a fallen thing on the ground. who fell it down, we dont know. why is it being sort, may be they know. somaliland, please tell somalis why???

genius pauper.;719448 wrote:
^^^ just to ask, are there any pubs in somalilan? i mean official premise?

p.s. to ask doest amount to, to hurt.

yea, go to hargeisa, there is street where u can find alcohol and anything else.

genius pauper.;719448 wrote:
^^^ just to ask, are there any pubs in somalilan? i mean official premise?

No .... but there is always a way :D