Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Somaliland Activity Guide Thread 2011

Ibtisam   

I must say Safari hotel is errrm clean, full of mosquito, beds as hard as a table, kitchen does not open till 7am (so I've been going work with no tea) :ekk: but it is a really nice and clean place. It is full of mostly men waadaads and I felt a little out of place but also safe. Charming people at the desk. Overall very good experience and I would stay there again.

Summer time is eeerm a 30min wait for a waiter, 30mins wait for him to forget the order and come and ask you again and another 30mins for it to arrive and the bill arrives 10mins after that. However they have a good reer burco dude in management who can if I show my red teeth speedy it along a little.

Mansoor hotel food is standard, I aint been to Ambassador yet.

I have seen few westerners, but the locals are just as messed up, most of the guys are high on jaad (I see people chewing or buying qaad at 8am) :eek: and the women are very dressed up for walking on rocks/dusty roads. :P

I have seen some nice, funny and hilarious locals and returnees and very welcoming elderly people. IT is calmer and less energy than Burco but people do still ask lots of questions. :eek:

*Ibtisam;718340 wrote:

I have seen few westerners, but the locals are just as messed up, most of the guys are high on jaad (I see people chewing or buying qaad at 8am) :eek: and the women are very dressed up for walking on rocks/dusty roads.
:P

You see it exactly this voyeuristic mindset, that really upsets me. I mean, what did you expect IBZ? I would prefer it very much if you stop labelling people and interacted a little more with your surrounding. find purpose in everything you do. don't you dare think that you can come here and categories people with you lack of knowledge of local customs and ways of living. I've decided unless you change your negativity, I will not meet you. God, imagine the public outrage you'd cause.

N.O.R.F   

Alpha, still eating at your favourite place?

Hmm, Hargaisa has some good eateries. Day eating at Dalxiis, Barwaaqo, Mansoor or Ambassador. Not sure what is available at night apart from Summertime and the hotels.

There is a Zoo? LoL wa la ilbaxay dhe :D

Berbera beach on a Thursday with families from all over SL enjoying a day out (probably more so in the summer with all of the dhaqan fams).

Great thread. Might see a few SOLers there in July IA

Ibtisam   

Blondy, touched a nerve have I? lol @ not meet u and public outrage, I've never cared much for either. :cool:

Maybe local customs and ways of living is new to you, laakin anigu I've seen it all, and pointing out the obvious is not judging and I don't approve, it is a waste of talent and time.

Faheema.   

:D:D @I've decide unless you change your negativity, I will not meet you.

Ibti, I hear you won't be in that hotel for long :)

Ibtisam   

Faheem, no inshallah not, but when I went to check out this morning, the only guy who can do the bill was a sleep so I had to leave my bags. Might pick them up after work or moving tomorrow. Did you hear what I need from you- paper work? I'll e-mail you cawa inshallah.

Welcome back Ibti, you in dusty SL for business or pleasure? Alpha theres not much to do in SL, besides working and travelling and after a while it’s incredibly boring. Sightseeing consists of waking up at dawn to witness the camel herders taking their livestock to market. Annoying intrusive neighborhood goats. Only excitement of the day consists of the so-called traffic police stopping you for a bribe on your way to work. I wonder what his excuse will be today. Tea, jaad, milk money for baby have all been used. Even when I had my driving license and vehicle logbook, I would be routinely stopped.

SL, land of a warm friendly and patriotic people mired by the disease that is Qabil.

Archdemos;718353 wrote:
Welcome back Ibti, you in dusty SL for business or pleasure? Alpha theres not much to do in SL, besides working and travelling and after a while it’s incredibly boring. Sightseeing consists of waking up at dawn to witness the camel herders taking their livestock to market. Annoying intrusive neighborhood goats. Only excitement of the day consists of the so-called traffic police stopping you for a bribe on your way to work. I wonder what his excuse will be today. Tea, jaad, milk money for baby have all been used. Even when I had my driving license and vehicle logbook, I would be routinely stopped.

SL, land of a warm friendly and patriotic people mired by the disease that is Qabil.

pathetic, pathetic and pathetic!

archy, your not writing an academic review. easy on the essentialist undertones and caricaturing Somaliland and its people. you've clearly never seen the trendier sides of town. of course, i suspect you were there for two weeks on a cultural crash-course.

nuune   
Blondy, can't remember his name, only saw him sitting at the counter and handing out pieces of newspapers for tissue, and that was mid last year, why would I ask his name bal, it is better to interact without being asking names and so, wallaahi you are so westernized

nuune   

Alpha Blondy;718350 wrote:
you are all invited to my house for dinner and some indulges. IA

Am also coming this summer Inshaa Allaah, but I will not come to your house for dinner while you have that Jaariyad working in your house, the one you pay $10 dollars a month, pathetic

NGONGE   

^^ War yarka inoo daaya, farxada Hargeisa ayaa wali haysaa.

Ibti, no dumaashi of mine is allowed to meat Alpha and should he ever be delivered to you in cotton wool please make sure you make good use of that cotton before you dispose of the body.