Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Somaliland Activity Guide Thread 2011

With summer just around the corner, I'm sure many of you are contemplating the thought of making a pilgrimage to the mother-land. Already, we've been taken over by an influx of bad cultured, so called ''deqan celis',' westerners. I haven't made an a major opinion on these people yet but they seem to do predictable things like going down-town Hargeisa, basking in the glory that they are from 'THE WEST'.

If you want a more exciting and all purpose guide to the trendy scenes in Somaliland. I will update this thread to share my experiences and advice. JB, you can also add the occasionally info but its my thread so please refrain from over-contributing to it.

cheers.

221933_506874365642_309100058_120101_646

This is where I have at least one of my meals a day. Its local and has a family feel to it. Its owned by my honorary uncle (Aftax). I'm treated like a celebrity in this fabulous eatery.

This is Safari Hotel. Its classy and the service is amazing. Its on Jigjiga Yar road from down-town. You can have some of the most amazing food in all of Somaliland in this joint. Its not as pretentious as other place in Somaliland and its not frequented by 'hip' crowds like JB. You can usually find me there on Wednesday Nights.

224325_506874250872_309100058_120094_162

Faheema.   

Maqaaxida adeerka baa noo xayeysiinaysaa lol

JB Bal adna contribute a little oo noo sheeg beeraha reerihiinu leeyihiin ee loo dalxiis tago :D

JB is that summertime? If so what a terrible place, had the worst service imaginable. I'd have to say the best eatery in Hargeisa would have to be Ambassador hotels restaurant. Other noteable places include Dalhis and the Djiboutian owned fish restauarnt near the centre of town (name escapes me), and i suppose if your into camel meat Golis was good. I've not tried these places Alpha speaks of.

Faheema.;718315 wrote:
Maqaaxida adeerka baa noo xayeysiinaysaa lol

No! Its owned by a guy who is not a family relative. He calls me 'abtiyo', i suspect because i'm one of his best customers. He is now a honorary uncle.

225185_506876835692_309100058_120195_178

Hargeisa Zoo is one of the tourist things to do in Hargesia as advertised on Lonely Plant. There isn't much to see here. There are three lions, a lioness, a lynx and two falcons (in cages too). Admission is relatively cheap @ 4000SLSH. The fences of the cages are dangerously on the verge of collapsing. I got to stroke the lions and play with them, of course from afar and with a stick behind the zoo warden and group of local feral kids.

nuune   

Alpha Blondy;718306 wrote:
221933_506874365642_309100058_120101_646

I used to have dinner every night at Aftax, I liked their dinner than their lunch, overall, nice restaurant, and the service was amazing, specially the guy(uncle) at the counter, one time, he joked and said he can accept credit cards.

NGONGE   

Already, we've been taken over by an influx of bad cultured, so called ''deqan celis',' westerners.

I'm proud of you, son. A couple of years ago you used to make youtube clips boasting about your "Englishness", look at you now? :D