Che -Guevara

VILLA SOMALIA REQUESTS TERMINATION OF UNITED NATIONS ASSISTANCE MISSION IN SOMALIA (UNSOM) MANDATE

Confirmed

As #Somalia will be a non-permanent member of the Security Council in 2025 and the African Union Transition Mission in Somalia ends in December 2024, Somalia is urging the #UN to strategically prioritize not renewing UN Resolution 2705 (2023).

Key reasons:

1. Somalia seeks a transition from a UN Political Office to a UN Country Office, not the closure of the UN presence.

2. Somalia is poised to secure a non-permanent UNSC seat (2025-26), making the Political Office unnecessary post-December 2024. 3. After Resolution 2705 expires and ATMIS troops leave, Somalia aims to exit Chapter 7 and revert to a UN Country status.

Arafaat   

From AMISOM to ATMIS, from UNPOS to UNOSOM to UN-Somalia office. It’s all semantics and won’t  change nothing on the ground, Somalia as a state will remain a patient kept a life by the infuse of the int community. 

galbeedi   

This is the best news I heard from Somalia for a long time. Most of the UN envoys appointed to Somalia are members of the British colonial office just like 80 years ago. The last lady Ms. Lang was even a separatists trying to dismember our country. Why everyone of these envoys happen to be British?

I fully trust minister Ahmed Faqi. He is probably the most patriotic  among the ministers of the current government. He id well while he was the interior minister and the Khaatumo temporary recognition couldn't have happened without him. The separatist within the cabinet, namely maareeye, deputy premier Saalax and the rest are openly saperatrist and HSM welcomes them. 

We need these bold moves and tough decisions to be independent again. If there is anyone among the entourage of the HSM government who has a great political future, it is Ahmed Macalin Faqi.

Arafaat   

Galbeedi is soliciting for a job with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Ma safiirnimo raadinisaa? 😂 

galbeedi   

naah, actually I met him in person while he was the interior minister. He even publicly denounced Biixi and company. It is probably the reason he was removed from the interior.

Furthermore, does anyone even knows other government ministers other the incompetent Tik Tok defence minister. No one knows the minister of finance, interior or even the chief of the military. Ahmed Faqi is the only star of the cabinet just like Dr Bayle was at the Farmaajo government.

4 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Furthermore, does anyone even knows other government ministers other the incompetent Tik Tok defence minister. No one knows the minister of finance, interior or even the chief of the military. Ahmed Faqi is the only star of the cabinet just like Dr Bayle was at the Farmaajo government.

Oh, we know these faceless wasiiro. Wasiirka maaliyadda, for example, is married to Xasan's daughter, so Xasan can have a direct tubo to wasaaradda maaliyadda without being questioned.

why is galbeedi calling  the people who hail from Somaliland but work in the Bunker separatists  , what a crazy accusation

last time i checked they all believed in the Unity of the Bunker, and they are persona non grata in Somaliland

Arafaat   
4 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

why is galbeedi calling  the people who hail from Somaliland but work in the Bunker separatists  , what a crazy accusation

last time i checked they all believed in the Unity of the Bunker, and they are persona non grata in Somaliland

For Galbeedi all politics is a zero sum game based on very, very narrow clan thinking and interest.  😝 

Update - UN Somalia mission: Spoke to the

@UNSomalia

Spokesperson At Gaitanis about the Somali government’s decision. This is what he had to say: “ This latest development is a testament to the valuable work of UNSOM in support of Somali authorities these past years. As I am sure, you know UNSOM is in Somalia on a mandate from the UNSC, and like all special political missions, its mandate ends when its tasks are achieved or this decision that it is no longer required.” Gaitanis suggested the decision by the Somali government was not unexpected.

“I should mention also, tied into this, there was a strategic review of UNSOM about two years ago. In that reviews’ findings it did say that they recommended that UNSOM begin planning a transition from UNSOM to the UN Country Team taking over the responsibilities. And the Security Council actually endorsed these findings in one of its resolutions. So right now we are in discussions with the Federal Government of Somalia , we stand ready to follow the instructions of the Council, and of course, we will remain committed to partnering and supporting the government as we can and as required. This is specifically referring to UNSOM - the UN family, agencies, funds and programs and UNSOS remain in place and the support of UN for Somalia will continue regardless of what happens to UNSOM or not.”  

Asked about criticisms against UNSOM that its engagement in Somalia was seen by some as “intrusive” and compromising the sovereignty of Somalia, Gaitanis said: “I will just echo here, the UN is here and has been here, and it remains here. It’s always about supporting Somalis, in a Somali-led process whatever that may be. As far as those criticism go I could not comment except to say, as I said before, we are here to support and help in any which way we can.”

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

Update - UN Somalia mission: Spoke to the

@UNSomalia

Spokesperson At Gaitanis about the Somali government’s decision. This is what he had to say: “ This latest development is a testament to the valuable work of UNSOM in support of Somali authorities these past years. As I am sure, you know UNSOM is in Somalia on a mandate from the UNSC, and like all special political missions, its mandate ends when its tasks are achieved or this decision that it is no longer required.” Gaitanis suggested the decision by the Somali government was not unexpected.

“I should mention also, tied into this, there was a strategic review of UNSOM about two years ago. In that reviews’ findings it did say that they recommended that UNSOM begin planning a transition from UNSOM to the UN Country Team taking over the responsibilities. And the Security Council actually endorsed these findings in one of its resolutions. So right now we are in discussions with the Federal Government of Somalia , we stand ready to follow the instructions of the Council, and of course, we will remain committed to partnering and supporting the government as we can and as required. This is specifically referring to UNSOM - the UN family, agencies, funds and programs and UNSOS remain in place and the support of UN for Somalia will continue regardless of what happens to UNSOM or not.”  

Asked about criticisms against UNSOM that its engagement in Somalia was seen by some as “intrusive” and compromising the sovereignty of Somalia, Gaitanis said: “I will just echo here, the UN is here and has been here, and it remains here. It’s always about supporting Somalis, in a Somali-led process whatever that may be. As far as those criticism go I could not comment except to say, as I said before, we are here to support and help in any which way we can.”

So what does this really mean we will stay no matter what