Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Somaliland Activity Guide Thread 2011

nuune   

Wax waalan, planting trees kulahaa, why the need for that when people or goats will consume it.

What allegations the maid made against you, I can only guess one thing, and that is she refused to wake you up for suxuur or didn't cook you for suxuur

^ nunne, you must think that i'm some sadistic jabba the hutt type, gratifying from ordering people around and making them perform chores for me to inspect looool. I'm actually very compassionate and kind, contrary to popular perception. I make my own suxuur but i go to my family for iftah, of course, they are diaspora, locals will salivating at the thought that Alpha is coming over.

nuune   

smileys.gifsmileys.gif

What is her job then if she cannot cook iftar and suxuur for you in advance before she goes to her family house, I just don't get it sxb, si fiican wax iigu sheeg, waan ogahey inaad abuureyso local jobs for the locals, but you must be getting what you paying.

Attached files 740149=15-smileys.gif

305152_10150335943029250_675814249_79380

In somaliland, perceptions are everything. ascertaining vital information is key, esp in diaspora circles. you're often asked your tribal background before what football team you support or what music you listen to. it seems like the whole country is living in a fake façade of nothingness, an illusory dream . its a nihilist society, where people worship money and how many plots of land they posses or contesting through the courts.

to stay clear of their petty squabbles and to make myself more important I've invested in many macawises. the type and quality is absolute key.

nuune   

smileys.gif

sxb, I can see marduuf jaad waxa uuna kor saaranyahey buug dhankaaga bidix, waa caadi jaadku waan wada cunnaa sxb, haka xishoonin

Alpha Blondy;748788 wrote:

In somaliland, perceptions are everything. ascertaining vital information is key, esp in diaspora circles. you're often asked your tribal background before what football team you support or what music you listen to. its a nihilist society, where people worship money and how many plots of land they posses or contesting through the courts.

Well, that seems so true; they may learn to value other things such as open spaces, environmental conservation, equal redistribution of resources etc when it will be a bit late though (it's also true that perceived poverty make one focus on the very short term and distort things).

nice macawis btw...

314416_10150321189529250_675814249_78609

Hi everyone...

one of the highlights of living in Somaliland, at least for me personally, is the joy of hosting social events/parties at my place. every Thursday is the pinnacle of my week. after working hard all week, trying to ensure that the expenses for last months lavish social events are met, i take pleasure in hosting a group of friends at my places. these social events are always carefully managed to massage my massive ego. seating arrangement is absolute key, i always have my seat and no one dares to try to take my strategic position, which allows me access to see 360 degree perfect view, and i don't mean sitting in the middle of the room, cos that'll mean i'm an egomaniac, which i'm clearly not. anyways, sometimes, there are always 'those' instigators, who've in the past try to undermine my authority in my own place. these people are always dealt with in the meanness of ways - they're exiled from the laisse faire environments of these social events, which have become part and parcel of hargeisa's social calendar. you could say that i'm a socialite in somaliland and keeping up appearances is the key.

STOIC   

I'm about to believe ALPHA is MAX....They both belief in self-importance that in turn reassures them that they know better and do better than anyone else..SELF-IMPORTANCE personality!

^ sling your hook matey... no-one asked for an in-depth analysis on my personality traits.

.......on a recent trip to jijiga in the abtiigis and tolka hinterland, i was offended. i was travelling with my friend to addis. an individual who was long-legged metaphorically as well as in person (pictured below) and his friend were speculating on our 'somali' identities. he remarked 'those guys..(in the most mocking way)... are from hargeisa''....he uttered something about 'our Chinese made clothes' being of 'poor taste'. of course, i didnt hear any of this but if i did i would have probably have confronted him lol. it was quite obvious that my friend exaggerated the whole situation, lol, partly because he was bored and likes to fight unlike me.

392135_10150398371659250_675814249_82626

Jigjia airport.....

379145_10150398543794250_675814249_82632

385916_10150432505319250_675814249_83643

over the past two and 1/2 weeks I've been working on a major project, at least according to the experience. I've been refurbishing one of the house that my mother shrewdly invested my university grant into lol, which i still owe at proportionally extortionate rate. its been quite challenging i have to admit. initially my plan was simple but like any 'Grand Designs' (channel 4 show) project, its costs have escalated. this is in part due to labour costs but also because being the perfectionist that i am, i've been focused to spend rather extravagantly on what would be considered to be 'mod-cons' in this part of the world, which i and no doubt kevin mccould consider as only 'essentials'. the new house is located in 'better' area, than where i'm currently living, hopefully for not for too long as i have made plans for this house too. somaliland is a unique place...sometimes! the experiences have been worthwhile. of course like other major undertakings its been unnecessarily difficulty but hey that's the somaliland experience. i've been asked if i'm fixing it because i'm getting married but that's all speculation..... i means all these assertions point all in the same direction. i look forward to enjoying the fruits of my hard labour....hopefully!