Sign in to follow this  
abdulraheem

WHO'S GONNA WIN THE CHAMPS LEAGUE THIS SEASON?

Baaniyal   

OK so it's prediction time now then! I would luv to say my beloved arsenal are going all the way, but we are a class out and out striker and class defender away from that. My choice would have to be the rossoneri, simply because they are packed in every department, i mean the depth is amazing. They have Jon Dahl Tommasson as a third striker, that speaks for itself. And now redondo is back, eventhough it will take him a bit to get back to his best.Like the old saying goes, attack wins fans,defense wins championships, and at da mo i don't see a backline betta than Ac, although u can put Valencia backline up there with them too. ANyways am predicting Arsenal to make it to the semi's, and the final wil be between Ac, and some spanish side.

I'm rather hesitant to express ma whole views in full Spectrum.

So i'll keep it short. :cool:

Juve 4 both Titles Champions League, Campionatti.

Chelsea 4 the Premiership :roll:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

N.O.R.F   

Between Juve, Milan and Real

I go for Juve as for the other two, theres an old saying that goes like too many cooks spoil the broth and teams with too many good players dont usually win nothing!

Valencia 0 - 3 Roma

Totti 24, 30 ®, Emerson 36 ®

Mestalla Stadium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Francesco Totti brace set Roma on their way to thrashing Valencia 3-0 in Spain and keeps them in the competition. The Giallorossi remain bottom of the group, but back in the thick of the race for a quarter-final spot.

Roma had to win in Spain or say goodbye to the Champions' League. Francesco Totti returned after a back problem and was partnered by Antonio Cassano, practically the only strikers at their disposal. Massimo Marazzina is cup-tied, while Vincenzo Montella and Marco Delvecchio are injured.

The same day also saw Christian Panucci and Ivan Pelizzoli pull out with a flu virus.

Valencia had a strong start and Ruben Baraja drilled wide before John Carew ballooned over the bar. Aimar was missing due to fitness worries, and his influence was sorely lacking for the Spaniards as possession became sterile.

Roma have been accused of not taking their chances this season, but within twelve minutes they took full advantage of every situation.

Francesco Totti, who also scored in Spain against Real Madrid this year, was left unmarked to nod in a Vincent Candela corner kick.

The Giallorossi have really missed their captain and he netted a second soon after. This time Marcos Cafu swung in a cross and Totti readjusted his stride pattern to sweep home from ten yards.

Valencia crumbled and it was 3-0 with a spectacular counter-attack move. Cassano set the ball rolling, Totti threaded through a telling pass for Emerson and the Brazilian caught the defence by surprise.

Incredibly, Roma could have made it four before the break with another Cassano-Totti duet, but the defence managed to close down the captain as he shaped up for a close-range volley.

Valencia tried to fight back in the second half, but Francesco Antonioli stood his ground well to block a Sanchez counter-attack. Aimar stepped on to the field, but Totti had another two good chances to increase Roma's lead.

The Italian international then put Cafu through with a backheel, but the winger drilled wide.

COOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEE OOON SEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Even my beloved As Roma going through a disastorus year remind you people that seria is still the best League in the world.

DA_BEAST   

i always knew FRANCESCO TOTTI was a class act there's no single doubt in my mind about what can do when he's on song like the way he destroyed VALENCIA last night and i would like to say to my man SHUJUI_1 well done and all of a sudden ROMA are now back in the picture.

about me and my beloved INTER it was a case of who will score for us since there was no CRESPO and considering the chances that VIERI wasted you could see why the guy hasn't scored in the champs league this season but i'm expecting 6 pts from B/LEVERKUSEN and NEWCASTLE in SANSIRO then i'd love to be drawn against MAN.UTD see if they can even come up with a shot on target let alone 3 gifts like the JUVE defenders did.

remember when i told WINGER in the early posts that ARSENAL can't beat AJAX? well i guess now you can see exactly what i meant/

P.S yo yes i'm ABDULRAHEEM the guy who posted this topic and thanks to you all for keeping my memory alive while i was away and about the new I.D don't worry nothing has changed i'm still the same old me the guy who's crazy about INTER and ITALIAN CALCIO and thinks PREMIER LEAGUE is nothing but a hype. :D

N.O.R.F   

Totti is the most over rated player, ok hes is good, but the italians think he is some thing extra. He does not compare near the like of roberto baggio who was very consistant and took the italian 94 team to the world cup final. I may just be a bit bias cos i hate italian teams, except for JUVE, but we shall see. Italian teams have not done very well in recent yrs so this may be a disadvantage to them!

Baaniyal   

always good to be back. Lucky enough CL action just resumed last week since this site went down. Ahhh my beloved Arsenal had a tough time breaking down a very resolute Ajax defence. Abdul i don't think we can beat any team when they play negative football, like Ajax did, so if we were to meet your beloved Inter, Defend like Ajax you might defeat us, play attacking exciting football, and we will masacre you guys. It seems every team come to HIghbury to defend, even Valencia. It's very simple, pack the midfield ,blocking out flank play, and have enough defenders in the box witha lone striker upfront . Ajax were a team known for their attacking play, Koeman has transformed them into Liverpool. It's very frustrating to watch my Arsenal, run over the PL, but still have soo much problems in the CL. I have no worries about progressing as Roma is in for a shallacking, unless they come to defend. Your beloved Calcio has not proven anything to me, especially with that hammering Manu gave to Italian league leaders Juve,lol! Abdul, let's see if you guys can prove something against Newcastle, cause a win for them would put them in second. Have to say, CL is the most unpredictable football tournament ever. No team is eva guaranteed a win. Anyways, can't wait till the next games in a two weeks time and am enjoying watchin Real madrid sweat it out this year to make it to the quarters.

Northner Cum On i think u have had to much Kebabs saxiib. Totti is better than any player in the premiership hands done no competition. His one of the best players in the world.

And am not saying that just because am a Roma Fan, all the great players rate him, Zidane Bergkamp, Rivaldo.

So com on lay off the sheesa kebab lol smile.gif .

N.O.R.F   

lol@kebab- mines a large donner with salad and chilli plz mate!

shujul, i'm the kind of person who it takes time to really appreciate a player, i dont believe the hype, from what i have seen, except for one game- Italy vs France Euro 2000 final, he has been good but not that good.

ps too much pasta and gino ginelli is not good combination!

WingA   

how can you call giggs 2nd goal "a gift"?? was you watching the same game me bruv?? Juve were saying in the 1st game "we havent got our strong team" so what do you say about the 2nd game?? luck?? kiss my a$$ coz they got it!!

as for Inter, we'll smash you like Baracelona did you lot!! but thats me speaking so we'll see!!

totti is one of the best players in the world and you have to watch Seria A week in week out to notice that.. but not better then Del Boy ;)

peez..