Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Baluug   

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Feels nice to have the forum all to myself tonight. WHOA!

You will soon,when I go to SEEXO

J.Lee   

^ :D . Only after me dee.

:D @ G-meister

The butterfly. The butt. The tootsie roll. Gosh I miss those dances.

slide slide slippity-slide with switches on the block in a '65 ... slide slide slippity-slide I do what I do just to survive

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Hehehe..I wonder what a stressed out teletubby will do?...

:D:D

Well.Hell. A stressed out teletubby pops a prozac every hour on the hour (I fall in love with you....The Duke everybody!)and imagines what the result would be if Dr.Phil and Oprah decided to mate.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Wordette:

imagines what the result would be if Dr.Phil and Oprah decided to
mate

Not a pretty sight! It's like catching ma and pa... redface.gif Yikees.

Janna   

Dear Diary

Days go by as the Australian community becomes obsessed with the "war on terror". Australia is only involved in the "war on Iraq" to been recognised by other big countries such as America. The Australian people are fearing that they are the next target for terrorism. A Ausralian guy (with the Aussie accent) has been named the new face behind Al-Qaeda, as he threatened the West. It's come to my attention that the Australia's along with the American's are more infatuated with terrorism then compared to other European countries. Every second article is about terrorism. What would happen if Australia was the next target of terrorism? Do they deserve it for their placement in the Iraq war?

Goonle   

Originally posted by Lexy:

Dear Diary

Days go by as the Australian community becomes obsessed with the "war on terror". Australia is only involved in the "war on Iraq" to been recognised by other big countries such as America. The Australian people are fearing that they are the next target for terrorism. A Ausralian guy (with the Aussie accent) has been named the new face behind Al-Qaeda, as he threatened the West. It's come to my attention that the Australia's along with the American's are more infatuated with terrorism then compared to other European countries. Every second article is about terrorism. What would happen if Australia was the next target of terrorism? Do they deserve it for their placement in the Iraq war?

All i know is that the aussies are a bunch of butt kissers to the united states. I mean even north americans arent as patriotic to the states the way u guys are. A cousin of mine graduated from a university down there, in architechture. Right after his graduation they followed him all over campus claiming that he was a Sleeper cell for Alqaida. Then followed him to Sydney and the police eventually shot and killed him outside a shopping center. In the papers they made him sound like a crazed lunatic. But in effect the guy was so worried that they were trying to frame him that he got paranoid and started acting crazy. For all the brothers that lived i the USA after september 11th, u guys know how stressful it was thinking ud be the next guy going to guantanamo bay. Thats what all that paranoia leeds too, innocent people being victimised. As far as im concerned, the first aussie i see will go to the intensive care unit, excluding Lexy ofcourse.

Rahima   

^Are you sure there brother? If we are referring to the same brother, he, as according to his relatives and friends did have a mental illness and the police shot him for wielding some sort of weapon. Either way, the police received a lot of heat over the issue and the media resurrected the dilemma of the police continuously shooting the innocent. The issue (in the media and within the Somali community anyway) had nothing to do with this war on terror or terrorism.

I could be wrong, but going by your narration looks like we are referring to the same person. Allahu aclum of course.

On the Aussies though, it only applies to the good-for nothing leaders. Aussies in general are against the war in Iraq and aren’t fans of the Bush administration. They only re-elected that fool Howard because he along with Costello (Treasurer) has brought the country considerable economic success and really if anything they are selfish for wanting the lives they have become accustomed to.

Som@li   

^^^I guess you two are talking abt the same guy,Mohamed Awale,I remember that incident where police shooted this innocet man,and media reported that he was suffrering from schizophrenia,Buufis

More check>>> Awale Mohamed

Goonle   

Originally posted by Rahima:

^Are you sure there brother? If we are referring to the same brother, he, as according to his relatives and friends did have a mental illness and the police shot him for wielding some sort of weapon. Either way, the police received a lot of heat over the issue and the media resurrected the dilemma of the police continuously shooting the innocent. The issue (in the media and within the Somali community anyway) had nothing to do with this war on terror or terrorism.

I could be wrong, but going by your narration looks like we are referring to the same person. Allahu aclum of course.

On the Aussies though, it only applies to the good-for nothing leaders. Aussies in general are against the war in Iraq and aren’t fans of the Bush administration. They only re-elected that fool Howard because he along with Costello (Treasurer) has brought the country considerable economic success and really if anything they are selfish for wanting the lives they have become accustomed to.

Farxan u got the right guy. I spoke to the brother a few weeks before he was killed. And i also spoke to him the summer he graduated. He use to call me because apparently His family members refused to believe him. Thats the problem in our communities sometimes, in fear of involving themselves they just alienate people. I spoke to him vividly and believe me hes no psycho, as a matter of fact he graduated with honors from university. From what he explained to me his situation started because he had transited the philipines before coming to australia. He did some highschool there and had philipino ID's from his stay there. Some christian Iranians that went to his university went to the police, as retaliation for getting too much attention from women. They told the police that he went to a training camp in the northern predominantly muslim area of the philipines. When your dumb aussie officers searched his house they found the ID's. From then on followed they him all over campus. He called me a few nights before he was shot and told me that he saw the same undercover officers following him in sydney as well. What brother wouldnt be paranoid after 4 yrs of hard work finishing a degree in a remote area full of hicks, when his whole life was going to be destroyed by by his potential framing as an alqaida sleeper cell. The sad part about the whole story is that the same fools that did not help him when he needed reassurance are now trying to collect money in his name by suing the police force.

Goonle   

Originally posted by Farxan:

^^^I guess you two are talking abt the same guy,Mohamed Awale,I remember that incident where police shooted this innocet man,and media reported that he was suffrering from schizophrenia,Buufis

More check>>>

After reading that article i can see how biased those *******s are. For all i know the guy he stabbed was one of the undercover guys. They noted the guy was an honors chemical engineering student but did not mention that the somali brother was a graduate with hononrs in architecture. Aint that a shame?

Janna   

There is no denying that John Howard does sleep with Bush. Australia does suck up to America. Why? Because they want to be well recongised by other bigger countries. Australia is seen to be a small island with no one living on it. Not to mention that Australia only wants allies.

Goonle   

Originally posted by Lexy:

There is no denying that John Howard does sleep with Bush. Australia does suck up to America. Why? Because they want to be well recongised by other bigger countries. Australia is seen to be a small island with no one living on it. Not to mention that Australia only wants allies.

So how do u survive there? I feel for u lol. I went to sydney on a highschool trip through asia. We went to thailand, singapore, and sydney for a few days. There was way too much beer involved dont remember much. So u got lots of black folks down there?

Rahima   

Goonle,

Of course only Allah knows what exactly happened, but often people with a mental illness have such delusions and paranoia- it is very common, like hallucinating that people are following them and are out to get them. Having said that though, it is possible it was happening, but I don’t see how his own relatives and friends would just dismiss such a thing were it true :confused: - they would of have seen some sort of evidence of it, no? Also it was said (and therefore I appreciate it cannot be taken as concrete fact) that his mental status was known to many in the Somali community even before the tragic incident- it is for this exact reason that many were so outraged.

hes no psycho,

Of course not, people with a mental illness are not psychos brother-it is the same as having a physical ailment and therefore should be treated as such, with the same seriousness and mindset.

as a matter of fact he graduated with honors from university

Mashallah, but many with a mental illness are generally what we would term successful individuals. Mental illness is not just for one group of people, it is an illness and does not discriminate based on education.

Like I said only Allah knows, but trust me I’ve come across many people with a mental illness and walaahi you’d be amazed at how “normal†they seem to be. I was once in a hospital where in the particular waiting area I was sitting at there were (as we were told previously) many mentally ill patients waiting to see the psychiatrists, but also with them were nurses (who do not wear a uniform or identification tags-this is the Australian protocol for healthcare professionals in the mental health field). As I sat in a corner reading away some book, this man came and sat next to me. He struck up a conversation with me about Muslims, Islam and this so-called war on terrorism. I was so amazed and astonished by his knowledge base on Islam and the way he was able to see past the media barrage on anything Islam and Muslims. I was just as astonished by how articulate and well-spoken he was-it was obvious that he was a very educated man. Likewise, he was very well dressed and groomed-basically he seemed like a very well adjusted human being. I would never of have thought that he was one of the patients until he took out his hand to shake my hand and I refused and explained to him why. His response just blew me walaahi, it was “even if it is the hand of God†(till this day I remember it exactly). It was then it hit me he was a patient and then the nurse came to get him for his session. This patient as I later found out believed himself to be Jesus and he was sent to save the world from all evil. Moral of the story- you can never tell who is mentally ill ;) .

Thats the problem in our communities sometimes, in fear of involving themselves they just alienate people.

Perhaps, but an equally problematic downfall in our community is our continuous denial of mental illness. Everything is either the jinn or the shaytaan or the person just has ‘buufis’ (often used so loosely) and therefore swept under the carpet. Our attitudes to this are kind of like the African American attitude to diabetes-just a little sugar problem.

Janna   

Originally posted by Goonle:

quote:Originally posted by Lexy:

So how do u survive there? I feel for u lol. I went to sydney on a highschool trip through asia. We went to thailand, singapore, and sydney for a few days. There was way too much beer involved dont remember much. So u got lots of black folks down there?
It's you who I feel sorry for. My faith is what helps me to survive. As for you and beer, may allah help you! Amin.