Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Barack Hussein Obama wins Iowa (97% Whites)

Aaliyyah   

^^I second that. Obama did well for himself yesterday night.

He is already ahead in Texas and she is slightly ahead of him in Ohio. Everyone knows that Clinton has to win by very large margins in those two states if there is any hope for her campaign. And, that is unlikely to happen.

STOIC   

I didn’t had to be a Clinton supporter to feel her pain when she uttered these words “"Well, can I just point out that in the last several debates, I seem to get the first question all the time? And I don't mind," .I’m sure this was the last straw of confidence she had on her shoulders.What a petulant whining that was. She did little last night to change the minds of those people who were listening to her at Cleveland State University. I loved it when Obama blasted Hillary how she equated Longetivity in Washington with experience :D . Lastly do I need to mention about the utter nonsense squabble about Hillary attempt to clarify the word denounciation from the word rejection about Farakhan endorsement.

Miriam1   

I saw half of the Ohio debate by MSNBC. Dear lord, is Clinton ever nasty and repetitive. The moderator, at least to the part I watched online, was presenting her with valid points on her stance on NAFTA and her responses were far from impressive.

Obama's point on her experience was also very good, he didn't put it down nor did he agree with her.

And at no point did he complain or bash her.

At least in terms of class, he's certainly got more...policy wise who I am not sure.

Ps. What was that pillow talk about??

Call me crazy, but this picture of John Mccain apologizing on behalf of crazed lunatic they call Bill Cunningham seems a little too fishy for me to believe.

This idea that Mccain had no knowledge of who put bill in the campign rally, yet is ready to apologize to his opponent on his behalf tells me it was a bad charade gone bad.

McCain wants the american people believing that he is this honest, respectful candidate who doesn't tolerate such ill behaviour, but yet his camp has invited the poor creature just to do that.

Either Mccain is incompetent and doesn't know much about how his campaign is run, or he is really setting Obama up in the general elections, but I will go with the setup because I really don't believe John Mccain is that naive.

Who doesn't know the list of names that will speak on your behalf at your campaign trail and their history?

He was good enough to be invited to speak on his behalf, but this uplifting speech towards the crowd was just too much for Mccain to take?

""Now we have a hack, Chicago-style Daley politician who is picturing himself as change. When he gets done with you, all you're going to have in your pocket is change," Cunningham said as the audience laughed."

In response to John Mccain disassociating from Bill Cunningham after those comments, bill said "Did John McCain repudiate me? When he didn't hear the remarks at all? He didn't hear them. He just threw me under the bus to the national media," Cunningham said on local radio station WLW. "I've had it with McCain. I'm going to endorse Hillary Clinton. I'm going to throw my support behind Hillary Clinton."

Sanka, I guess John Lewis switching candidates won't make much of a difference, after all, he didn't do it because he believed in obama, but that he was pressured from his own district, in other words, public pressure sure works.

In all honesty, good old conservatives can't even speak their mind, unless someone has their head on a platter in these elections.

Everyone gotta tiptoe around obama, thats bs. Its back to canadian politics for me, atleast I know what to expect of them.

PS:Mr Mugshot, lol@i am so biased and making up stuff.

I can say the same about the obama's click in SOL, led by Sanka

There is not much to make up, the man is weak, and he showed it lastnight just how weak he was. He wouldn't even stand on his own toes and say, "Listen hilary, I denounce what farakhan's believes are regarding the jews, but I will not fall for your tactics and change my wording" instead, your candidate fell right in and did do exactly what hilary wanted him to say, so excuse me, but you either take a stand, or you dont and he is definitely a flip flopper, and this is just the beginning dear Mr Mugshot.

Aaliyyah   

Ps. What was that pillow talk about??

How do I put it Hilary was just frustrated for a minute I thought she was gonna fall apart. Anyways she said how the media gives extra attention to Obama and she made a sarcastic comment and was like if you watched saturday night live then maybe you should ask Obama if he wants a pillow to get him more comfortable lol

this is a link to SNL:

SNL - Democractic debate

It is hilarious :D

peasant   

Obama is a sacrificial lamb that is getting fatten for the general election and this little favor will be pay back later on. I hope we are as cool and calm as we are now when the objective lenses are put on Mr Obama in the general election.

It’s beginning to look that whatever happens in Ohio and Texas, democratic nomination will go to Obama! It’s only for reasons of Media bias that keeps Clinton, a candidate who lost 11 contests in a row, in this race and presents her as a formidable contender! Just imagine what would happen if the fortunes were to be reversed and Obama was the one losing those contests…

^Did yall see the "Red Phone" ad? Oh boy will it really back fire.

Love the Obama response Laakin. This is what he said:

NBC's Andrea Mitchell notes that Obama responded on camera to Clinton's ad. "We've seen these ads before, trying to play on people's fears, trying to scare up votes," Obama said. "But I don't think they'll work this time. The question is not about who will be picking up the phone. The question is what kind of judgment will you exercise when you answer the phone.

"We've had a red-phone moment. It was the decision to invade Iraq. Senator Clinton gave the wrong answer. George Bush gave the wrong answer. John McCain gave the wrong answer

It is very likely Obama will loose both Texas and Ohio. I am not convinced as to how the final delegate count will turn out after Texas and Ohio. The troubling thing is that conservative talk radio hosts are already urging Republicans to mobilize in Texas and vote for Hillary just to keep the "democrats fighting for months to come". Texas is an open primary and Republican votes can tilt this already-tight contest towards Clinton. Hillary is in the lead in Ohio already and I think it will be hard for Obama to thump her bearing in mind Ohio's demographic.

The Zack   

^Did yall see the "Red Phone" ad? Oh boy will it really back fire.

Speaking of that ad, maybe she's ticked off at Bill again when yet another quote of his makes her look like an *****.

NASSIR   

Reading this article will give you the undeniable impression that Obama is trying so hard to appease a Nazi-type-culture known as Islamophobia.

It's no slur to be called a Muslim

Mar 1, 2008 -

by Naomi Klein

The turban photos affair was a missed chance for Obama. If he really is to repair the world, he must tackle this Islamophobia.

Hillary Clinton denied leaking the photo of Barack Obama wearing a turban, but her campaign manager says that even if she had, it would be no big deal. "Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely."

Sure she did. And George Bush put on a poncho in Santiago, while Paul Wolfowitz burned up YouTube with his anti-malarial African dance routines while World Bank president. The obvious difference is this: when white politicians go ethnic, they look funny; when a black presidential contender does it, he looks foreign - and when the ethnic apparel in question is vaguely reminiscent of the clothing worn by Iraqi and Afghan fighters (at least to many Fox viewers, who think any headdress other than a baseball cap is a declaration of war on America), the image is downright frightening.

The turban "scandal" is all part of what is being referred to as "the Muslim smear". It includes everything from exaggerated enunciations of Obama's middle name (Hussein) to the online whisper campaign that Obama attended a fundamentalist madrasa in Indonesia (a lie), was sworn in on a Qur'an (another lie), and if elected would attach speakers to the White House to broadcast the Muslim call to prayer (I made that one up).

So far Obama's campaign has responded with aggressive corrections that tout his Christian faith, attack the attackers and channel a cooperative witness before the House Un-American Activities Committee. "Barack has never been a Muslim or practised any other faith besides Christianity," states one fact sheet. "I'm not and never have been of the Muslim faith," Obama told a Christian News reporter.

Of course Obama must correct the record, but he doesn't have to stop there. What is disturbing about the campaign's response is that it leaves unchallenged the disgraceful and racist premise behind the entire "Muslim smear": that being Muslim is de facto a source of shame.Obama's supporters often say they are being "Swift-boated" (a pejorative term derived from the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth campaign against the 2004 presidential candidate John Kerry), casually accepting the idea that being accused of Muslimhood is tantamount to being accused of treason.

Substitute another faith or ethnicity, and you'd expect a very different response. Consider a report from the archives of the Nation. Thirteen years ago Daniel Singer, the magazine's late Europe correspondent, went to Poland to cover a presidential election. He reported that the race had descended into an ugly debate over whether one of the candidates, Aleksander Kwasniewski, was a closet Jew. The press claimed his mother was buried in a Jewish cemetery (she was still alive), and a popular TV show aired a skit featuring the Christian candidate dressed as a Hassidic Jew. "What perturbed me," Singer said, "was that Kwasniewski's lawyers threatened to sue for slander rather than press for an indictment under the law condemning racist propaganda".

We should expect no less of the Obama campaign. When asked during the Ohio debate about Louis Farrakhan's support for his candidacy, Obama did not hesitate to call Farrakhan's antisemitic comments "unacceptable and reprehensible". When the turban photo flap came up in the same debate, he used the occasion to say nothing at all.

Farrakhan's infamous comments about Jews took place 24 years ago. The orgy of hate that is the "Muslim smear" is unfolding in real time, and it promises to greatly intensify in a general election. These attacks do not simply "smear Barack's Christian faith", as John Kerry claimed in a campaign mailing. They are an attack on all Muslims, some of whom actually do exercise their rights to cover their heads and send their kids to religious school. Thousands even have the very common name Hussein. All are watching their culture used as a crude bludgeon against Obama, while the candidate who is the symbol of racial harmony fails to defend them - this at a time when US Muslims are bearing the brunt of the Bush administration's assaults on civil liberties, including dragnet wiretapping, and are facing a documented spike in hate crimes.

Occasionally, though not nearly enough, Obama says that Muslims are "deserving of respect and dignity". What he has never done is what Singer called for in Poland: denounce the attacks themselves as racist propaganda, in this case against Muslims.

The core of Obama's candidacy is that he alone - having lived in Indonesia as a boy and with an African grandmother - can "repair the world" after the Bush wrecking ball. That repair job begins with the 1.4 billion Muslims around the world, many convinced that the US has been waging a war against their faith. This perception is based on facts, among them the fact that Muslim civilians are not counted among the dead in Iraq and Afghanistan; that Islam has been desecrated in US-run prisons; and that voting for an Islamist party resulted in collective punishment in Gaza. It is also fuelled by the rise of a virulent strain of Islamophobia in Europe and North America.

As the most visible target of this rising racism, Obama has the power to be more than its victim. He can use the attacks to begin the very process of global repair that is the most seductive promise of his campaign. The next time he's asked about his alleged Muslimness, Obama can respond not just by clarifying the facts but by turning the tables. He can state that while a liaison with a pharmaceutical lobbyist may be worthy of scandalised exposure, being a Muslim is not. Changing the terms of the debate this way is not only morally just but tactically smart - it's the one response that could defuse these hateful attacks. The best part is this: unlike ending the Iraq war and closing Guantánamo, standing up to Islamophobia doesn't need to wait until after the election. Obama can use his campaign to start now. Let the repairing begin.

Source: Guardian (UK)

Pujah   

^^Nice write up. But I think its bit premature to have that sort of expectations from him. First he needs to secure his party’s nomination than he can take on the xenophobia that has become the norm in today’s media.