Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Barack Hussein Obama wins Iowa (97% Whites)

Gediid   

True but who wins tonite will have the momentum going into the big ones on March 4th.....I hear reer Ohio half waa pro Obama where as the rest waa Hilary.Cant say the reason behind but from what I hear its strictly on tribal lines as if Obama amase Hilary eey yihiin reer hebel ama reer hebel garanayaan....

Hawaii is 60% Asian and these folks have been turning to Hillary in droves. A loss in Hawaii would be a discomfiture for Obama. As for Wisconsin, the Obama camp can spin the outcome a little with the "blue-collar" demographic rhetoric, but Hawaii worries me because that is out of “spin” territory. It is his home turf. :D As for Washington State, it is a beauty contest. Obama won all the delegates he needed from that state. But if she wins Washington State, expect the following lines from Mark Penn: "Obama does well in caucus contests". She may even ask the pledged delegates from Washington State to support her because she won the “popular vote” in the primary. He won the Washington State caucus earlier. Washington is one of those weird states with both a caucus and a primary.

Very intersting indeed. We wait and see how things turn out.

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Hawaii is 60% Asian and these folks have been turning to Hillary in droves. A loss in Hawaii would be a discomfiture for Obama. As for Wisconsin, the Obama camp can spin the outcome a little with the "blue-collar" demographic rhetoric, but Hawaii worries me because that is out of “spin” territory. It is his home turf.
:D
As for Washington State, it is a beauty contest. Obama won all the delegates he needed from that state. But if she wins Washington State, expect the following lines from Mark Penn: "Obama does well in caucus contests". She may even ask the pledged delegates from Washington State to support her because she won the “popular vote” in the primary. He won the Washington State caucus earlier. Washington is one of those weird states with both a caucus and a primary.

Very intersting indeed. We wait and see how things turn out.

Dont worry about Hawaii LST. Thats where he was Born. He should easily win that,besides it a Caucus.

Gedid,i think the way it works is, one tribe supports one and the other naturally goes against it. Somali waa wax wada falan

LSK, got it.

FB, this tribal divide is overblown. In Minneapolis, I think it’s close to 100% for Obama. I bet even good Wardheere voted for Obama! I think Ohio is not that much different either.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

LSK, got it.

FB, this tribal divide is overblown. In Minneapolis, I think it’s close to 100% for Obama. I bet even good Wardheere voted for Obama! I think Ohio is not that much different either.

I agree. Right now,in MPLS,its 100% Obama for the Somalis. Its great to see odayasha all going, War inankii east africanki ahaa,iyo habartii xagee kala marayan?

Aaliyyah   

Obama wins Democratic primary in Wisconsin...

He beat Clinton in the women votes, white votes, and even the votes of those who didn't graduate from colleges.

Obama all the way :D

seriously, I see this guy as the president of United states..

now all haters step aside redface.gif

Pujah   

Obama Wins Hawaii Caucuses After Wisconsin Victory (Update2)

By Kim Chipman

Feb. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama won the party's caucuses in Hawaii, his second victory of the day after Wisconsin.

The Illinois senator took 76 percent of the vote, according to the preliminary final result. Hillary Clinton, a New York senator, received 24 percent.

He did it again :D

Bilcaanta ilaahay wax buu tusey.... Sidey isku lahayd madaxweynaad noqonaysaa baa mid kenyaati iyo maraykan wuxuu yahay aan la aqoon cirka ka soo dhacay.

Pujah, why would you want someone to compete on a national level, when you yourself don't believe he can win?

Why would you want to support such a candidate?

As for Madam Hilary, she did pretty well lastnight, considering she didn't win the popular vote, I was very impressed that she lost by a small margin and still managed to collect her delegates, bravo to Hilary C.(not much margin separating their delegates after all@Sanka)

Can't wait for Mrs C to destroy obama on tomorrow night's debate. I am hoping the debate will rejuvenate her and ultimately pick up the momentum she so needs to carry her over texas and Ohio.

^Give it up, pretty well aa . She couldn't even get the unions on her side. He did well in all demographics except senior citizens. And her speech is very stale. Simply put, she lost last nite though that means little in terms of delegates.

Gediid   

From the Economist............

Sarkozy, Obama and McCain

Posted by: The Economist | PARIS

Categories:

From our Paris Bureau Chief

AS Barack Obama widens his lead over Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic nomination, it is worth recalling a trip that Nicolas Sarkozy made to Washington DC in September 2006. That visit is remembered in France mostly for the photograph that Sarkozy managed to arrange of himself with George Bush at the White House. He was then the French interior minister, and not even officially a presidential candidate, so for him it was a real coup. For the French back at home, however, it was baffling: why did Sarkozy want to cosy up to a leader widely reviled in France?

What is less well-known about the trip is who else he met. I've just looked up the official programme that I brought back, as one of the journalists accompanying him on that visit, to make sure my memory isn't playing tricks. Besides other members of the Bush administration, while in Washington Sarkozy met only two other American politicians: astonishingly, they were Barack Obama and John McCain.

According to my hastily scribbled notes from the time, after Sarkozy met the American senator in his office on Capitol Hill, Obama stood in front of us and said: "I shouldn't be predicting French elections, but I've been following the minister's career, and I know that he has a good opportunity to lead France in the future."

In Paris-Match magazine recently, Obama recalled that visit, and promised to return the favour if he won the nomination. It looks as though both had impressive foresight, or at the very least were well advised. That Sarkozy picked two men, neither of whom at the time were front-runners as presidential candidates, is pretty remarkable. I suspect that it reflects the advice of Jean-David Levitte, French ambassador to Washington at the time and in charge of Sarkozy's schedule for that trip; he is now Sarkozy's diplomatic adviser at the Elysée in Paris.

^Good read, but nothing for obama to get his hopes about. Rest assured he will not be holding such power as sarkozy's anytime soon.

Yaa Che, too much exit poll theory aad aaminsantahay.

anyways, a little motivation for Sanka

Obama loves to say "Sí, podemos."(yes we can)

but as for Mrs C's chanting goes more like this :- Si, vamos, Si vamos" (Yes, we will, yes we will)

so you decide, which is better? :D

it showed that he is now eating into Senator Hillary Clinton's core support.

Almost 90% of those voting were white, most of them working class and more than 50% of them women - in other words, the group that until now has proved to be her base.

Lazy-even ardent supporters are getting jittery.

web page