Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

RAMADAN KARIIM

RedSea   

Originally posted by Ghanima:

^^ As I understand You can eat up to the adhan (if the adhan happens while you are still eating, you can finish your food). It is dark for a while after we pray, in any case in London we cannot tell because of the clouds, rain etc

Let us say you are eating and all of sudden the Athan sounds off, you can finish anything you had in your hands or mouth. You may not continue to try to level whatever that was in the plate though. Just simply finish what you had in your mouth already or in your hand.

I can't remember the last time I have seen the sun set (well i did back home but not here), so we rely on the schedule...that works for us and I think it should for you.

RedSea   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

This is a shockingly silly question, I'm under the impression that you cannot eat after the adhan for the morning prayer takes place, but my Aisian friend insists you can eat as long as its dark. Well?

walal dont' rely on being dark and what not. Offcourse it will be dark, because the sun isn't up yet.

For example here in the U.S. The fajr prayer is around 5:20. I usually wake up around 4:15 and I have all that time in between to eat do little prayer.

If it's 5:20 and time for Athan than you can only finish what you started, but you cannot keep eating or start eating then. It has to be stopped right after you finished the piece you have in your mouth or hand. If you want to have good suxuur, wake up litle early and give yourself little time.

Thanks,

Intel   

i was feeling bit loopy day one, due to lack of caffeine... i'm better prepared for day 2 IA.

ramadan wacan oo wanaagsan reer SOL smile.gif

I am soooooooooooooooo not hungrey! yet.It's noon and i'll break my fast in'abot 7 hours and so

What are you eating today for afur?. i cant wait to run home and help with the cooking.....wait..my sugar is dropping,,,deep breath..exhale.

ElPunto   

Hope everyone had a good start to Ramadan. Looking forward to all the delicious, different food of the season. And other more spiritual things of course :D

AYOUB   

Originally posted by -:...I gett off work after Makhrib.

Phew! I thought you gonna say it's bid'ca. I'm sure some ajar-seeking samaritan out there will help you with this predicament. smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Rudy, what fasting stuff?

Ramadan Kariim to the boys and girls down-under :cool:

What are people's ramadan timings? Ie What time is fajar and what time is maqrib?

For me at the moment its 4.45am to 6.25pm,,,

Buuxo   

North your timing is close to ours fajar at 5am and maghrib at 6.10pm. Alhamdulilah, i am so glad ramadan is not in our summer this year.