Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

RAMADAN KARIIM

Ibtisam   

Sambusa takes too long to make, for such small little things, I'm glade my brother is hardly at home to demand them this year :D

Oh, you can buy ready made frozen ones (sadly you have fry them yourself :D ) in London, they are nice, but spicy!

Kahina I like them once in a blue moon so no idea why the are obsessed with sambusa,(it is the men really, the women just make it, poor sods!)

Malika   

Aah,am off home to cook a feast,my daughter is expecting a table full of goodies.

North,Lol

Ghanima,I bought some of those frozen samosa for the weekdays,got no time to be making them from scratch!

Ibtisam   

^^She fasts that young. I shoul stop complaining! :D

Lool @North Inshallah. I think we get your ready made ones here courtesy of Dahabshil

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Its like asking why we eat banana with rice,,,,

It's a very silly idea. Now banana with pasta on the other hand... ;)

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Does anyone have sambuus without hilib or with tuna?

I had it with tunna...taste pretty good actaully.

The Pakistani/Indain Samusa is without Hilib. They are not bad either.

-Lily-   

This is a shockingly silly question, I'm under the impression that you cannot eat after the adhan for the morning prayer takes place, but my Aisian friend insists you can eat as long as its dark. Well?

Ibtisam   

^^ As I understand You can eat up to the adhan (if the adhan happens while you are still eating, you can finish your food). It is dark for a while after we pray, in any case in London we cannot tell because of the clouds, rain etc

RedSea   

Assalamu calaykum,

You see this is 1 and only month out of the whole year. It is a month where one needs to do his/her best for his/her sins to be forgiven. It's a month where one needs to spend more time than usuall in reading and reciting the Quran, repenting to Allah for their past misfortunes.

However it's troubling for some of our sisters (it's not their fault) that they have to get their knifes and cooking materials out to be the cook for the month.

Ramadan is not time to have your favorite meals, dishes or simply it's not the month of consuming as much food as possible.

This holy month of Ramadan is for the soul to be desciplined, yes self despiline. What exactly does that mean you may ask?

The Quran puts it nicely: Regarding fasting, the Quran says:

"O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint . [al-Baqarah 2:183] Translation: Yusuf Ali

What exactly are we restraining from?

We restraint from allot of things and large amounts of food is one of them.

For most of us we eat and consume all sorts of food that we want, we drink (non alcoholic beverages) at will, without a restraint.

However this holy month is the month to show 'restraint' from those things that we do on other basis.

But as it seems, for most of us, this is the month of 'cook out'. Our sisters or wives are in the kitchen from noon to sun set cooking and preparing all sorts of meals for us to "break the fasting". So what about them?? Don't they have Allah to pray to, haven't they commited any sins that they want to be forgiven, dont' they need to read the Quran?

Offcourse they do.

Everyone one and that includes females as well needs to spend less time having anything to do with food and more time prostrating, praying, reciting the Quran etc...

So I advice the sisters to get out of the kitchen and work for their deeds and not anyone else. Sure this doesn't mean that they shouldn't cook anything at all. Not all. Just cook little bit. When people are fasting all day, they won't be able to eat alot anyways, so there is no reason for the siters to be in the kitchen for so long. Cook and prepare something that is enough, then you may go ahead and face Allah' mercy and kindess instead of the heat in the kitchen. Remember sisters, this is just one month. If it's gone it's gone and only Allah knows if you'll be able to make to the next Ramadan. Take advantage of it.

Lastly, the The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, “What a loss it would be for one to witness Ramadan and not gain from it forgiveness".

Thanks,

A/lamu Calayum waraxma.