Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

RAMADAN KARIIM

Baluug   

I think Rudy is talking about the du'a we say when we break our fast. If that's the case, I think it's permissible because I don't know the exact phrase in Arabic, so I say it in english.

My fajr is 5:30am and maghrib is 8:00pm. Makes for a long day but I got through the first one alxamdulillah.

Malika   

I received this through those chain emails,it fascinated me so why not share it. Heh!..:

Amazing as it sounds, but fortunately for the Muslims of

the world, it is an established fact. Have a look at a map of the world

and you will find Indonesia on the eastern side of the earth. The major

cities of Indonesia are Java, Sumatra, Borneo and Saibil. As soon as

dawn breaks on the eastern side of Saibil, at approximately 5.30am

local time, Fajar Azaan begins.

Thousands of Muazzins in Indonesia begin reciting the Azaan. The

process advances towards West Indonesia . One and a half hours after the

Azaan has been completed in Saibil, it echoes in Jakarta . Sumatra then

follows suit and before this auspicious process of calling Azaan

ends in Indonesia, it has already begun in Malaysia .

Burma is next in line,and within an hour of its beginning in Jakarta, it

reaches Dhaka, the

capital city of Bangladesh . After Bangladesh , it has already

prevailed in western India , from Kolkata to Srinagar . It then advances

towards Mumbai and the environment of entire India resounds with this

proclamation.

Srinagar and Sialkot (a north city in Pakistan ) have the same

timing for Azaan. The time difference between Sialkot , Quetta , and

Karachi is forty minutes, and within this time, Fajar Azaan is heard

throughout

Pakistan . Before it ends there, it has already begun in Afghanistan

and Muscat . The time difference between Muscat and Baghdad is one hour.

Azaan resounds during this one hour in the environments Hijaaz-e-Muqaddas

(Holy cities of Makkah and Madinah), Yemen , Emirates , Kuwait and Iraq .

The time difference between

Baghdad and Alexandria in Egypt is again one hour.

Azaan continues to resound in Syria, Egypt, Somalia and Sudan during

this hour. The time difference between eastern and western Turkey is

one-and-a-half hours, and during this time, it is echoed with the

call to prayer

Alexandria and Tripoli (capital of Libya ) are located at

one hour's difference. The process of calling Azaan thus continues

throughout the whole of Africa .

Therefore, the proclamation of the 'Tawheed' and 'Risaalat' that had

begun in Indonesia reaches the eastern shore of the Atlantic Ocean

after nine-and-a-half hours. Prior to the Azaan reaching the shores of the

Atlantic, the process of 'Zohar Azaan' has already started in east

Indonesia, and before it reaches Dacca, 'Asr Azaan' has started.

This has hardly reached Jakarta one-and-a-half hours later, the time of

'Maghrib' becomes due, and no sooner has 'Maghrib' time reached

Sumatra the time for calling 'Isha Azaan' has commenced in Saibil! When the

Muazzins of Indonesia are calling out 'Fajar Azaan', the African

Muazzins are calling the Azaan for Isha.

If we were to ponder over this phenomenon thoughtfully, we would conclude

the amazing fact that there is not even a single moment when hundreds of

thousands of Muazzins

around the world are not reciting the Azaan on the surface of this

earth.

Even as you read this material right now, you can be sure

there are at least thousands of people who are hearing and reciting the

Azaan!!!

Ibtisam   

^^^Hmmm, interesting.

I'm having a better day Alhumdulilah. It took all nyt, and pain killers for my headach to go away. But alhumdulilah so far so good today, although it is not even 10am yet. :D

N.O.R.F   

Trying to spot a brother in Jumca prayer at Masjidal Xaram, Makka,,,,

Dahia, with all 'zz' in the words I bet the email was by an Asian.

Azaan = Athaan

Muazzib = Mua'th'in

The 'athaan' starts as far east as Fiji, Tonga, Tahiti etc

Islam in Fiji

Baluug   

^My best friend's a Muslim from Fiji. The problem is that the Fijian Muslims are far outnumbered by the Fijians from Indian background who are mostly hindu, and the native Fijians who are mostly christian. Muslims make up about 15% of the total population.

I thought it was Arabs that always used the "zz". Somalis don't have "z" or "th" in the language so they use "dh" as in "adhan", "muadhiin", and "dhuhr" while the rest of the Muslim world uses "z" and "th" LOL

N.O.R.F   

Arabs dont use 'zz' to make the 'dha' sound (not the same sound as the Somali 'dha'). Asian have difficulty pronouncing 'dha' so use 'zz' instead.

Malika   

^^^Haa it was from a Pakistani friend.

Alxamdulillah Yesterday was a productive day,despite being totally wiped out by 5pm..I managed to go to taraweeh prayers!

Now North,please dont make us feel jealous,you should see where we pray,in a dingy WMCA hall,were I live we dont have a big mosque..nothing fancy too! smile.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^YOu should come and stay with me, The women alone have two floors to pray in (and fight as they seem to do a lot these days!) Oh and I can hear the athan from my house. It is close to living in a Muslim country would you not say? :D very fancy indeed mashallah smile.gif

Malika   

^^Now that is rubbing it in!!.Lol..Mashaallah!

Erm,your in East London right?..So do Asian women come to the mosques? Here you hardly see them at the Pakistani mosque or the Bengali mosques.We are a bit segregated here,but alhamdulillah yesterday,I saw people from all nations praying together..finally unity is in process!!

N.O.R.F   

^^I've never been in that mosque :(

Faith will get us through, say new Muslims

By Alia Al Theeb, Staff Reporter

Published: September 13, 2007, 23:35

Dubai: New Muslims who started fasting for the first time in their lives, said it is difficult, but their faith in God and patience will help them get through it.

Gulf News met a number of new Muslims, some of whom embraced Islam on the first day of Ramadan. A Chinese family of three, mother, father and daughter who embraced Islam two months ago, said Ramadan is an experience although it has been difficult since it is the first time they have abstained from food and drink.

The 26-year-old daughter who chose Fatima as her name, told Gulf News through a translator, that she was feeling thirsty throughout the day and did not eat enough at suhoor because she is not used to eating at dawn.

Patience

Asma, the mother, said she was urging her daughter to eat enough food at dawn because she would not eat the entire day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"However, I intended to fast and prayed to God to help us and give us the patience to fast," she said.

The family has been learning about Islam for the past two months and is set to go to Haj [pilgrimage] after one week. Although the family does not speak Arabic or English, they have been learning about Islam and Ramadan by reading booklets and attending lectures in Chinese.

Asma said she embraced Islam because she found it to be a clear religion which did not exploit people's feelings or money.

She said in China, she did not have any religion because most religious practices were based on exploiting people's feelings and their money.

"When I came here to work, I attended some religious lectures out of curiosity and read some books and realised that I have one God and I need to be a Muslim," she said.

Asma said she consulted with her husband Mousa and daughter Fatima who also started attending lectures and were convinced that they want to embrace Islam. Fatima said she is interested in learning Arabic which will make it easier for her to read the Quran.

For Amir, a Filipino who embraced Islam yesterday on the first day of Ramadan, the kindness and helpfulness of his Muslim colleagues was a reason behind him embracing Islam.

Amir has lived in the UAE for 18 years and worked as a vehicle technical engineer at Dubai Police where he observed Islamic teachings and practices and learned more about the religion from his colleagues.

After he pronounced his Islam at the Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department yesterday, Amir was congratulated by a police sergeant who had brought him to the New Muslims Division when Amir told him he wanted to embrace Islam.

"Since I got up this morning, I have been fasting and hope to continue the entire month. When I was not a Muslim, I used to fast, but most of the times I broke the fast before completing the full month," Amir said.

He said he is very happy that he embraced Islam on the first day of the month of Ramadan.

N.O.R.F   

I first saw the mosque in 1986 and been driving past ever since. I intended to go one day but just never managed it. Al Huda mosque was just down the road.

Ibtisam   

^^Racist Somali, You went Al Huda, (which is small, loud and does not look like a mosque (from the outside) and could not walk 5mins down the road. :D

1986, Did not think you was THAT old. gosh