Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Question for the ladies

Aaliyyah   

^loool I don't know mommy found a rich farah for me yeey I am not sure I wanna give up on that. Just kidding girl I was just puting that question forward for discussion purposes thats all...and you are kinda right if that person is someone who's from a family your parents are close to....like if u ever have a problem you are causing too much issues btw ur parents and their good friends. Not worth it...

It is better melaha mid kasoo xareeso hadaad nacdidna bacda madow u tuur saas somaha inadeer loool

salaam

The Zack   

Aaliyah,

I am for arranged marriage, too. It makes the whole process easy. Most of the job is pretty much done by the parents/relatives. You don't have to convince the person to like you, that is taken care of by other people. By the time you meet the person, he/she is already in love with you as he/she has been fed with information about your "good" side. It works out great.

Aaliyyah   

lol@ already in love with you...laakin wixi logu shekeeyay kolay markay kula nolaato ogaanasa ma aha..yacni not you persay..but in general when someone is fed too much huhaaa iyo amaan qayra caadi ah qofku wuxu yahay bari waad ogaan say somalidu dhahdo war jira cakaaru imaan..better to just get to know the person and just you know so they know this is what they get later on no surprises...As oppose to if a parent or a relative paints u in good light and exaggerate every good thing you ever did ten fold lol..taasi wayba adagtahay sida loga so baxayo..

salaam

Ismalura   

@ Aaliyah been ma aha I have seen people married out of family obligation. Imagine that kind of life?

Adiga what do you think about working from home. I am planing on living in Toronto in few years ee we should try and start something like that inteena Canadianska ah LOL. I am liking you sisters with the same ideas smile.gif !

@ Thezack, did I tell you how pissed off I am with you caawa. It is like kas in aad sanka nooga marmareyso :rolleyes:

Aaliyyah   

^^inteena candianka ah what kind of business baan bilabana? warka cadee...and then I will let u labadeeda shilin in aan la diyaar ahay loool

p.s. dnt gotta problem with working from home..are we gonna make million dollar laakin? loool!!!!mise labadeeda shilin uun rabta in aad iga gubtid..I only invest if it will make money sidi shekadii juxa mise mid kaluu aha kolay sheko carabiyeed nin yidhi war so adigi aminay lacagtu in ay dhasho amin in ay dhimatayna...hahah so long u aint wasting my money baby girl count me in... icon_razz.gif

The Zack   

Aaliyah,

"Been baa la isku shukaansadaa, runna waa la isku dhaqaa" ma maqashay? The shukaansi process is getting boring these days. Going to dates, giving out gifts, and having extended phone conversations, things are getting out of control. That is why I support the arranged marriage, it helps u skip that long process and it gets you right to the destination, the marriage. Even though you have never dated with this person, you pretty much know the person's bad and good personalities so you make your decision based on that.

Ismalura, :D dhowr goor acuudi bilaahi dheh, the xanaaq will go away instantly. Isku meel beynu wax u wadnaa.

Aaliyyah   

Even though you have never dated with this person, you pretty much know the person's bad and good personalities so you make your decision based on that

You actually dont know anything other than what your parents and her/his parents told you..which is kinda exaggerated and if you base your decision on that then you are doomed for a disaster. Waligayna islaan somaliyeed wilkeeda wax xun ka shegasa maba arag..sometimes wa yaaba dadka islaam ma aha lol..yacni adoo so taagan ba lugu faannina qof aad ogtahay wuxu yahayba. And, am not just talking about grown men even their young kids..islaan somaliyeed oo aad ilmaheeda wax fiican moyee dhahasa wa qaldanyahay ma arag...and based on that I will never believe islaan waxay ii sheegto...

Unless you do a real research and the person is very involved at school msa/community events/ mosque or you know many people that know him etc..then maybe you will find more valid/balanced view on who they are....but never trust a family's view on their son...wa daadax bay ku dhahaya xita haduu gangster yahay surwaalka tafta haysta..

my thoughts..

salaam

The Zack   

Arranged marriages are little different than what you defined. You don't get the information of the person from their parents. That would be odd. A (reliable)relative of yours who knows about the person will tell you the good and the bad. Then your parents would talk to that person's parents and get the deal done. At least that is how the Somali version of these kinds of marriages is done. Easy.

Aaliyyah   

sounds more of a business transaction than anything else to me lol..Anyways, it works for some and who knows maybe at times it is better than the person you find for urself on your own....at least kan raad lo raaca jire. Kan banaanka kasoo xareesanasid yaa ka masuul ah oo bari lo danbi sheganaya lol..

so both sides (arrange marriage vs your own option ) come with advantages and disadvantages I guess..

salaam

Ismalura   

Aaliyah it is about taking responsibility for your life haduu kugu halaabo iyo hadii kalaba. Besides what will be will be ee better not blame anyone.

Anyways you still didn't answer my question on working from home !

Aaliyyah   

Scroll up like 6 posts and ull c my answer. Woman you need glasses lol..you can borrow my ayeeyo's laakin so celi...

And, it is not the same. I know you dont wanna blame no one neither do I. But, the truth is with arrange marriage families will be supportive and come to help you out when you have issues as opposed to when you bring ur own guy markas hoyada ka sug "naa adaa awalba waxan keenay is dabar". Anyways, I am not encouranging arrange marriage. Just saying...in fact I prefer my issues to stay my issues without any interference from family or anyone else for that matter. Like if you cant work your issues then too bad families intervening wont make anything better. Like they will try but at the end of the day it is up to the couple to work their problems out and if they cant do that ...dadka kale is daaya in ay ku dhahaan waxba ma taraso.

salaam

p.s I think we officially hijacked the brother's post and been trolling loool...wa ka baxa shekadan...

Like every other type of marriages, arranged marriage has its advantages and disadvantages. For one thing, you have your family's complete support. Also, there is "war ha na ceebeynin ee reerkaga dhaqo" involved so the man might feel a bit more responsiblity.

On the other hand, it could be just a complete disaster! You don't know the person, you didnt choose the person and if things go sour you have to worry about the family.

So I say, nah pick your Farah so you won't have regrets.

Somalina   

Exactly! pick your Farah indeed!

@Zack, nooh bro, you r wrong again, shukaansi is anything but boring these days.

Dhibaatada waxaa waaye the Faraxs oon rabin iney effort galiyaan iney gabar hadal wanaagsan kula hadlaan of course oon been ku jirin, zero game ayaa idinka keeneysa "shukaansi is boring". Go figure ..lol

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Aaliyyah:

^^inteena candianka ah what kind of business baan bilabana? warka cadee...and then I will let u labadeeda shilin in aan la diyaar ahay loool

p.s. dnt gotta problem with working from home..are we gonna make million dollar laakin? loool!!!!mise labadeeda shilin uun rabta in aad iga gubtid..I only invest if it will make money sidi shekadii juxa mise mid kaluu aha kolay sheko carabiyeed nin yidhi war so adigi aminay lacagtu in ay dhasho amin in ay dhimatayna...hahah so long u aint wasting my money baby girl count me in...
icon_razz.gif

Aliyah iska keey ilaali I am taking business classes and learning ways to money off people. LOL

Seriously though I want to think about getting into such an arrangements in the future.

Choose you own Farah waa unanimous baan u maleyni except Aaliyah oo xoogaa beerka jecli xeydha jecli ah :D

Aaliyyah   

^^beerka jecli xeydha jecli ah ? lool what exactly is that? elaborate...hahha

I am not for arrange marriage dee dont get me wrong. All I was saying is it is not such a bad idea for those who choose it and that it comes with certain advantages...

haye Ismalura dont exclude me dee I am on the same page more like the same sentence too icon_razz.gif

Dhibaatada waxaa waaye the Faraxs oon rabin iney effort galiyaan iney gabar hadal wanaagsan kula hadlaan of course oon been ku jirin, zero game ayaa idinka keeneysa "shukaansi is boring". Go figure ..lol

NNC yarka ka qalee dee waabad u dhameesee. Tan kale wa la ii xareestay buu yidhi marka mid zero gameka ku xareesatay buu helay game waxba ugama baahna wuu ka socday lool..

salaam

p.s Ismalura, I knoow I gotta be extra cautious about my 2 cents till I find a rich farah then we can invest his money on any business you advice me on haye lool..till then!!!