Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Question for the ladies

I know this is strictly a ladies domain but would like some advise from my sisters.

Why is it hard to find like-minded somali girls?

I know its a very general question but the ones i seem to encounter with is either too career minded( tend to not associate with the somali community) or religous( doesnt want a career or lacks ambition). Where do you find a balance between those?, or is the problem with me as I might be searching for the impossible?

I'm 23 and dropped out of university and started my own business and was successful, and now work as an Banker. I'm very open-minded and liberal but not to the expense of my religion, and would love to settle down eventually. I lived in many countries and speak 6 languages fluently including my mother tongue. I dont interact that much with our community in London, due to my engagements with work, but, am very family orientated guy who loves his family. So where do you begin to find a lady who has ambition in life and wants to succced, who wants to raise a family in a somali and islamic way? Are there any? Where do they hang around? I wouldn't consider any other nationality as i love my women

Juxa   

- Dropped out of uni, why?

- Started business and ended up a banker, why leave successful business and how did you end up as a banker?

-You dont interact with the community, then how the ahem are you supposed to find your well balanced dream girl?

- You are 23, why are you rushing to marriage?

To answer your question, you will definetly find a muslimah, somali, successful and traditional in london. Best place to look is close to home, friends, distant relatives all are great source of what you seek for.

Mind you sheeko haka bilaabin waxad kor kusoo qortay too many dul-duleel in your sheeko

Good luck and dont forget to give us virtual xalwo when you find your gacaliso insha allah

Malika   

^gabdha been baa laguu shukansadaa,run walaguu daqaa - the holes in his story could be the 'spiced up been'..lol

23yr university drop out banker/sucessful businessman - ceesh calaa!

:D

Wacdaraha - aduunka, goodluck dear..as suggested by juxa,look around you. I am sure your family/friends would know someone.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Malika:

^gabdha been baa laguu shukansadaa,run walaguu daqaa - the holes in his story could be the 'spiced up been'..lol

23yr university drop out banker/sucessful businessman - ceesh calaa!

:D

Wacdaraha - aduunka, goodluck dear..as suggested by juxa,look around you. I am sure your family/friends would know someone.

Well done and second to that.... what would be your status hadn't you drop out uni... just wondering?

Ismalura   

Why are you people so focused on his dropping out of University maalinka danbe I have two degrees in uu dhaho miyad ka keeni rabtaan :D

@ Wacdaraha keep looking you are still young ee. I am sure there is someone with all these qualities out there for you.

The Zack   

Go to Somalia, buddy. Take some $10K with you, trust me you won't be disappointed.

P.s. Make sure you have at least 4 children with that lady before you bring her to the west.

Later...

Taleexi   

lol @ Zack. War ninka jar ha ka tuurin. Waxaanse ugu dari lahaa iska baadh caafimaadkeeda midda ku cajebisa! Illaahay amarkii smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

why are you guys being so hard on him. Reer london help the brother out he sounds like a dream man lol..(too many dumb farahs out there..kan uu niga baxsan ku dara inadeertiin ama walashiin see weeye)

gabdha been baa laguu shukansadaa,run walaguu daqaa - the holes in his story could be the 'spiced up been'..lol

looooooooool you guys are soo cold. Leave the brother alone. Shekada haka qasina tan kale war jira cakaaru imaan. You can only lie so muchhhhh!!

salaam

Nina thanks for the link

Juxa, the reason i left university was to put it simply not for me. I enrolled into Law because i saw it as a natural progression as my mother is a lawyer and my dad was(AUN). Dropped out and started with a friend of mine a couple of online-based business ventures. After selling those and coupled with the contacts i gained i landed a role as a Investment Banker.

The question about not being part of the community, well, as i dont eat khat and dont have much time for weddings and maqaayads i dont know of any other things i can contribute to the community. I mentor two 16 yr olds once a month, so i do my bit for the community.

The reason for marriage apart from me feeling is an appropriate time for me, i have lately been giving our religion more time an space in my life. As am financially sound so i feel there isn't an excuse to live a bachelor life anymore. But to find an intelligent somali girl who's knowledgable or wants to discover her religion are hard to find. It seems like you have to sacrifice one of those or marry a lady of different nationality.

Somalina   

^Wacdaraha, you are welcome walaal.

Start going to Somali functions (i.e weddings, lacag aruuris aka fundraising), you will be a suprised cat at the end of the night. Speaking in Somali is a bonus btw.

Good luck brother in meeting your life partner.

p.s, don't listen to Zack. 10k is nothing in Somalia. icon_razz.gif

The Zack   

Originally posted by NinaNC:

p.s, don't listen to Zack. 10k is nothing in Somalia.
icon_razz.gif

:D So far, my advice is the best one to the brother. When it comes to marriage, one doesn't have to be stressed out too much about it.

JUSTICE   

take it slow and easy brother, don't rush and make it sound so hard. Finding you other half should take some time and effort, no one said it was easy.... I would say try group blind dating. This means you would have to invite your group of single friends to come along for a blind date event in some coffee shop, four guys vs. four girls and see how it goes. What a genius idea> hahahaha

Boy have I been where you are at now :D and it is an interesting predicament. And here is my thought, if you a Somali guy have these thoughts and values and personality traits that might not be so common in the larger population, that somewhere out there is another person just feeling the same way. You see if you are an exception to the rule then there would be another exception to the rule too and another and another, it is just finding that right medium for those individuals to interact.

So have hope and now what you can work on is being the right man so that when Allah brings your way that special woman you would be ready.

Best wishes, bee bye