Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Waving Somali Blue Flag Performance in South Africa

Paragon   

It was simply fantastic, it was.

Trouble is though, I thought that was one of my old dreams....now Im finding out its not.

You see, I always had this dream...no..no..more like vision..that one day I'll be ruling Empire Somaliana - holding for/and beguiling world with cup tournaments like the Fifa one.

Of course I had reserved SL as a place fitting to serve as my own Gulag. :D

Malika   

The raising of that flag trully reawoke deep sentimental feeling's one harboured for many years. As a child,I grew up just few doors away from the Somali Embassy - seeing the flag every morning risen,it waving on the ambassadors car,used to fill me with hope. Hope of going home - born in another man's land is never the same as being born in your own forefathers lands..I had a home..That blue flag represented that home.

So for a minute there,K'naan waving of that flag gave me a glimpse of that hope I had..I felt hopeful. :D

I also wanted to be that ambassador - maybe there is still time,who knows..One lives in hope.

nuune   

Second day of the world cup, I had a conversation with 3 friends of mine, one from Burco, the other two from Hargeisa & Borama, waxaanu fadhiney meel yaroo biibito ah oon shaah casariyo ku cabbeenay xilli galab gaabad ah.

aniga: war bal ii warrama, ciyaarihii koobka adduunka iyo K'naan bal ka warrama?

hargeisa: wallee waxbuu dhigey K'naan, shaqa aan loo dirsan ayuu galay

burco: hees baa la yiriyee ma calan dhacey warfi baa la yiri meelaha

borama: calankii Soomaaliyuu adduun weynaha tusey

aniga: inuu kor u qaadey calanka la iskuma heesto oo adduun weynihiina u riyaaqey

hargeisa: kaayaguba kor waanu u qaadi karnaa hadaanu joogi laheen madashaa

borama: soomaali hadaanu nahay calankan buluuga ayaan wadaagnaa

hargeisa: kaayaguba ashahaadadaa ku qoran dhici maayo soo taan buuraha ka taagney

burco: world cupka danbaanu sugeenaa jaaniskeena si aan dunida u tusno calankeena oo babanaya

borama: waryaada, yaan la is yeelyeelin

burco: naw

hargeisa: Riyaale waa dhacayaa sanadkan

borama: ha dhaco markii horeba Siyaad buu u shaqeen jirey

hargeisa: waryee, bal is yara daji

aniga: K'naan bari dhaweed waa tuu tagey hargeisa oo calankii Somaliland ayuu gashtey

burco: dee qushigiis :D

NG,

Ehem...you song needs improvements, umm...like LOTS, like scratch it and start fresh. LOL!

Ibti,

I know honey.I agree with you, this was a moment to be proud of. Some people ma u ogola anyting nice to others, they MUST be at the center of attention at all times. They'll try to outdo you in good and bad.

Reminds me of a story my mother told me that went like this; A woman's first born son died! She was mourning for her son so she said " ala curadkeygi(sp?) dhimay. Then another lady jumped in the convo and said "Naa curadyo(first borns)waa loo soo dhigtay, keygiba kab(Sp?) or shoe baa ka dhumay.

Jacpher   

^You realize the beuatiful blue flag doesn't belong to the D-block or Siyaad Barre, Alla yarxamu. It belongs to the country, The Republic of Somalia.

Spare us the hate.

Job well done K'naan

Somalina   

My friend, eh indeed! matag badanidaa! take it somewhere else baan ku idhi. Not needed here as you can see. Get it! Good! carry on as you were eh! dear lad! indeed!

Oodweyne waa nin fogaaday. Allow caafi.

Keynaanka soo caanbixiyo calanka uu saaray

Allahay cizeeyoow markuu caalamka uu dhiibey

Ee loo camiray goobta oow curadnimow heesay

Cuqdad iyo ninkii ciilqabaa cay la gooniyahe

Inta kale Cawaaley hayyaan oo calaqayaane

Halkaasaan uga haray, illee waa Oodweyne :D

Somalina   

Learn how to address your audience when writing the English language yaa odey. English 101. Indeed, dear lad eh!

You should be planning your retirement and not puking all over this thread, eh dear lad, Indeed!

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Keynaanka soo caanbixiyo calanka uu qaaday

Allahay cizeeyoow markuu caalamka uu dhiibey

Ee loo camiray goobta oo ucuradnimow heesay

Cuqdad iyo ninkii ciilqabaa cay la gooniyahe

Inta kale cawaalaay hayyaan oo calaqayaan'e

kaynaanka soo bixiyo calanka uu taagay

midab cirlow markuu caalamka u dhiibay

ee loo camiray goobta oo u curadnimow heesay

caamo iyo waxmagarataa u camira heestee

Cakuye muxuu calan yahay cidihii dhamaadee

........... Koob shaaha baan doontay markaa :D