Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Waving Somali Blue Flag Performance in South Africa

Saalax   

what peace? how is the flag a symbol of peace when infact the country didn't had peace for over 20 years? the flag might have been a symbol of unity and peace in the past but certainly not now, and with your last statement about the world wanting to see 1 somalia or 1 flag why does it matter what the world wants? i though it was about what somalis want? the world can't not force itself onto somalia nor can they bring peace it's all up to somalis to sort the deep mess they got themselfs into and dedicate their future not NGO, or UN organizations they can make as much as TFG's they want but the country will never get peace nor move on as long as groups such as Al shabab are obstacle.

NASSIR   

i though it was about what somalis want? the world can't not force itself onto somalia nor can they bring peace it's all up to somalis to sort the deep mess they got themselfs into

Isn't it the world or community of nations that your fiefdom asks for recognition? :D

Yes minimal intervention is very much desired by the vast majority of Somalis and yes we have to sort out our differences and bridge our deep schism, but we can't do it all alone. Neither policies of detachment nor containment can keep Somalia's brewing troubles under the lid. In fact, it has already burst and spilt over our borders: Somali refugees crossing the Gulf of Aden (SL, PL), piracy, terrorism, are all symptoms of an internationalized conflict. The chief cause is our present-day Somalia.

Oz   

^ ^ Sometimes you need to take the Defence mode hat off and just be neutral. :D I do think JB does a marvelous job as a defence minister. Also don't you think you over doing it sxb? I mean I do want to read your stuff don't get me wrong, then again after the first two sentences I do give up.

Ps: since you are the guru of SOL, let's see the other side of the Guru in action. :D

K'naan you made me feel so proud. I've waited for so long for the world to see this beautiful flag again and again, keep up the good work my friend. Am sure the world is saying there is a positive side in this country. now I know it's not much to ask but... YES I felt it deep.

Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

"Born to a throne, stronger then Rome

A violent prone, poor people zone

But it's my home, all I have known"

-
What an amazing lyrics. Said a lot in that simple line.

nuff respect.

Thanks Nassir.

OZ, take a cover hee. Meel ayaa isku taabatee. Here comes the barrage. Hayeey. :D

Dad ayaaba calanka baluugga arki karin. Wali dadkaas Soomaali sii sheeganaayo. Waa yaab.

Speaking of it, OZ, you know, I took a large Soomaali flag from Kanada and I hung it proudly in my aabo's room in Islii. Walaahi, everyone guriga imaado wuu ku farxi jiray araga calankaas qurxoon oo darbiga suran.

Liibaan   

Somalidiid waxa ee necebyihiin calankeena barakeesan ee baluuga ah, shacabkeena soomaaliyeed, iyo dalkeena Somalia

Melez Zenawi is the leader of of all somalidiid

Faysal Warabe, who became famous for his hatred for Somali people, as a somalidiid he once said:

“a boy born in Hargeisa has more commonality with one born in Addis Ababa than one in Mogadishu

Seeing that Flag made me cry. It was a beautiful performance! Ka'naan, you did us proud! Somaliya ha noolato! Beautiful!

Here decends the Naysayers, people who rather talk about how many reer hebel died today than PRAISE the single most significant performance of the opening by a SOMALI MAN on world stage. UFF!

Hadey lasoo ordayaan but but but Somalia is no.....

Saalax   

Liibaan, that flag represents 20 years of war , famine, starvation, suicide bombings, warlords, i don't know what is barakaysan about that?

Somalina   

Qaylidaan iyo calaacalkaan qaraar iyo naceyb loo qabo Somalia lee miyaa? I hope you choke on the blue n white odeyaal.

somalia-flag.gif

Vive la Somalia!

Oz   

Loool C&H wallee adigaa.

Guru! Lol. Let me try and pronounce your nick-name the way Russel peters The comedian Does pronouce a zulu name.

Od "tok"!! weyne, I will take it like MAN and assume you gave me a healthy advice. I knew you were gonna come and haunt me down with the Bold Iskukaris. Lol. Sxbow saan walaga fiicanyahay ee stop being a stubborn Od "tok"!! Weyne. One more thing My Guru friend are you the one who put a spell on the kangaroos performance against the Germans? :D

Ps: MMA cusbo iyo pilipili aad kudartee :D

Oodka, for once budka intaa iska dhigtid dadka la kaftan. Kaftan. Mise waa kuu spell gareeyaa. It is K.A.F.T.A.N.

Then again kaftanimo waa loo dhashaa, la iskama dhigi karee. :D

30173_115156938528684_114918751885836_98

This will be a very lasting image. Aad iyo aad ugu mahadcelineynaana us Soomaalida dalkooda jecel.

Thankful   

This is certainly a monumental performance, it will be remember for generations.

I don't think people really grasp how big the World Cup is and the billions that must have watch the performance. K'naan single handedly made everyone forget about the turmoil that has faced us and the breaking up of the nation along different factions. He is a true Somali Hero, who's unwavering love of our nation will not go unrecognized!

I'm certain those in Boorama, NW Somalia who have so many Blue flags and wave them proudly must have felt the nationalism!

Less then a year ago in Boorama pics:

36.JPG

25.JPG

43.JPG

NASSIR   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Seeing that Flag made me cry. It was a beautiful performance! Ka'naan, you did us proud! Somaliya ha noolato! Beautiful!

Indeed C&H, God bless our flag. Like Thankful said, this single performance will be remembered for generations to come. Who has ever thought that a young man would triumphantly rise from a ruined society, draw millions of spectators attracted to his music from around the world, and attach the blue flag of his country to his big drums and wave it on stage in a spirit of patriotism, pride and great hope? Who has anticipated this great moment in this difficult time.

As for Oodweyne and the rest of the gangs of SOL from the secessionist camp of Northwestern Somalia, I'll say to them there is still light at the end of the tunnel. Somalia will never ever be dismembered.