Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Waving Somali Blue Flag Performance in South Africa

Jacaylbaro sheeko maan haynaynaa saaxiib.

Taasi waa shul. I need a volunteer to wear those verses as a signature inta SNM tu muranka naga deyneyso

Somalina   

As long as I chase you away from this thread, I've accomplished my goal, indeed dear Adeer eh! :D

Your reign of terror has indeed come to an end! indeed eh. (notice how I've already made you hate the word INDEED) eh

Don't forget to invite me to your retirement party! smile.gif

Maaddeey   

^^Alley lehe, gabadhaas NNC ah wax badan kaa fiican (judging from ur posts).

Waad ku mahdsantahay talooyinka aad qaadatay (2da post ee kore midba eray baad bold ka dhigtay, grammarka & Ingiriis la fahmi karona ku xiji! :D

Saalax   

Jacpher, correction the somalia flag currently belongs to AMISOM, :D i heard they even use it as wipe sheets when they are eating their kagali food and don't even let me remind you about al shabab's stand on the flag issue the original "SYL" must be rolling in their graves if today they knew a countless ajanabis would come to the capital of somalia.

Kaynanow wiil codkiisa lugu ciyaarow

Calanki laga cawday kor u qaadow

Africaanki cawaanka aha eeh Cawlnayow

Maantaad caradiina naga coleysateenow

Oo calan Cidii lahayd la garan wa yayow.

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

Kaynanow wiil codkiisa lugu ciyaarow

Calanki laga cawday kor u qaadow

Africaanki cawaanka aha eeh Cawlnayow

Maantaad caradiina naga coleysateenow

Oo calan Cidii lahayd la garan wa yayow.

:D:D:D xaaji candhuuf at his best.

Saalax   

Jacpher, sland flag was founded by SNM king henryriiga aad sheegaysiid malaha makhiir bu mamuul uu samayey lol.

Ibtisam   

Oodeweyne Howdy.

I say this with all respect but Somalis in general (SL including) are all about gesture.

A journalist writes something good about SL, it is for most part insignificant gesture as someone waving a flag, but I know you would celebrate this as a significant gesture, because I am sure you would argue that, this may at worse make people aware of a place called SL and at best force readers to read about that region or support the cause or at least start a journey on their own. So although on its own at the time an empty gesture, it has the potential to amount to something. CORRECT?

Okay by the same token, many people have heard or thought or considered Somalia or Somalis AFTER this song turned into a national anthem. I know for sure that there are primary school kids who are beating their chest in schools in pride that Somalia is although not taking part in the world cup, their people were there both in flag and sprit. Is this not significant?

In political sense it means nothing (maybe it will remind one world leader to add Somalia to some donor list or funding or something) :D but in all honest no one has said it has political significance at all, but significant it is, both to people with strong ideals or hope for Somalia or Diaspora Somali kids who are involved in the culture of Music and football. Maybe you forgot that not ever Somali is concerned with Sharif or Riyaal or Somalia or SL, most are struggling to reconcile their Somali identity with all the negativity about Somalis around. You might also be forgetting that to outsiders, although you might turn, fight and write, we look, sound and seem all the same.

I say with all honest that if despite all that I mention above you still mock or think that by all manner of speaking K’nann gesture was meaningless and a waste, then I think you are not being honest with me or yourself.

Jacpher, the blue flag is closer to Hargisa then Sayid Barrer, I can think of countless reasons why . :cool:

Somalina   

Incase you haven't noticed it by now, you and your cronies are the joke of SOL and the only reason we PUT UP with it is because we enjoy free entertainment. Thus, don't stop now dear adeer! indeed eh!

p.s. Well said Ibtisam, well said indeed, dear sis eh!