NASSIR

Waving Somali Blue Flag Performance in South Africa

NASSIR   

A quote from former president of SA.

Somalia Needs African Solidarity

Thabo Mbeki

President of South Africa

"
For many years afterwards Mogadishu and Somalia remained in our memories as African places of hope for us, a reliable rear base for the total liberation of Africa, including our liberation from apartheid.
Indeed, in later years, others of our comrades returned to Mogadishu, this time to work with the Somali government "

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote: Somalia will never ever be dismembered.

It has already been dismembered if u know what i mean........
Well JB, any Somali warlord can carve out a piece of territory, recruit members of his family as his own militia, print counterfeit money as commodity, set up check points that even asks hefty ransom from UN agencies delivering food to the poor, and hoist a phantom flag. It does not mean Somalia is already dismembered.

:D

Thankful   

What makes a nation is recognition, you cannot be a country without it! As long as the world only recognizes Somalia and it's borders with Djibouti, Kenya and Ethiopia, then the country is not dismembered. I can build a fence around my house and say I am a seperate country all I want, it will mean nothing!

Anyways,

This might be a bold statement but I truly believe that what K'naan did was probably the most uplifting event to happen to Somalia since the civil war, whether those living in the country or the diaspora. It cut through so many ridiculous differences that have haunted us! Especially if you look at other events, nothing was seen by so many on a global scale. If not the most uplifting event definitely one of them!

Originally posted by Nassir:

quote:Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote:

Somalia will never ever be dismembered.

It has already been dismembered if u know what i mean........
Well JB, any Somali warlord can carve out a piece of territory, recruit members of his family as his own militia, print counterfeit money as commodity, set up check points that even asks hefty ransom from UN agencies delivering food to the poor, and hoist a phantom flag. It does not mean Somalia is already dismembered.

:D
It means when those you mentioned can properly manage their territories and even working for territories to be independent while the rest is helpless against the will of those territories.

If they are not recognized now (which is the case) they will be one day as long as they are united, working hard and doing some tangible progress.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Libaahe*:

Good on Knaan, but waving a flag with a failed country of 20 years means little i am just being real here, People generally tend to be proud of their achievements , progress , prosperity , peace, not a flag that represents death , misery , forced migration , piracy , suicide bombings , warlords.

Gestures always matter, saaxib. The flag might represent all these things to you but it also represents a COUNTRY that has (had) a history before the war and misery. It represents a people that belong to that country (even if you and I choose not to belong). Yes, it's a worthless piece of cloth but the man waving it at that particular moment (and not on some obscure net forum) gave it a significance beyond its worth. His was a rallying cry. One that is seen and appreciated by millions of his people. Even if it turns out that his intentions are dodgy, the fact that he hoisted that flag at that gathering is not. Wax fahan.

That flag lost its true meaning , it used to symbolize The greater Somali State Including Nfd The Ogdan region and The rep of Somaliland and the rep of Djibouti , it no longer symbolize that, How ever I think that flag gives koonfurians strength and hope to find a solution for their country in this hard time, and If knaan waves it its his flag he should do so.

Saalax   

NGONGE, i wouldn't say millions do you think the people dying in mogadishu care about what knaan is doing waving a flag which has lost most of it's meanings? it's only maybe people who live in the comforts of their house in the diaspora who might care but we can confidently say the people backhome surely don't care nor al shabab.

NGONGE   

^^ Oh stop being a xaasid. We recently had a thread about an SL student putting up a flag in a Malaysian mountain. I think the thread was started by JB (he is one of the people back home).

Plus, why do you assume that the people back home are not keeping up with events taking place in other parts of the world? Are they not Somali? Is this man not waving their flag and reminding the world of their plight? This xaasidnimo is not healthy, adeer. Wax fahan.

Landers( some of u )swallow your wounded pride and except that the Somali flag was raised high and mightly by K'naan and YES it did bring millions of people to tears in and out of the country and has created a real buzz. It may have been a gesture but like Ngone said it was a significant gesture.

Now no need to write away the insignificant of the Flag or the event itself.

NGONGE   

^^ I hear the song is done in many languages now. But, sadly, there is no Somali verison (or is there?). Here is an effort from me to cheer Libaahe* up. :D

Waving The Flag - Burco version

Markaan tahriibo, Europe soo galo

Waxaan ka dhargayaa digaag..ka dhargayaa digaag

Ooh..ooooh...oh...ooh..ooh

hilib iyo toon, biyo cad laga roon

faraxal iyo sabuun, eesh calaa adduun

Iga daa Kaltuun, caasha iyo fartuun

Gaalada qurxoon, bal ii soo doon

Markaan tahriibo, Europe soo gaalo

Waxan ka dhargayaa digaag..ka dhargayaa digaag....Ooh oh OOOOh oh oooh

Malika   

THE FLAG WAS RAISED,IT WAS CELEBRATED WHEN A MOMENT THE WHOLE WORLD WAS A WITNESS..IT WAS RAISED,WAVED AND MOSTLY IT WAS NOTICED...

Libaanhe,Jb and xaji candhuuf yaa can all efff off!! bloody hell!!