Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Memorial for the First SNM Shahiid in 1983

Gabbal   

Originally posted by me:

Duke may not be a child but he tells childrens stories. Duke all of Somalia fled on donkey carts the day our government fell. It was a sad day for everyone including you, Siyad Barre didn't make us refugee, SSDF, SNM and USC did with their ethnic cleansings and don't start about Gaalkacyo it was a sad episode in Somali history and is not an achievement of the SSDF its a humiliating defeat of the SSDF by the USC and without the SNF and USP Gaalkacyo would be renamed Caydiidtown ask Horn.

Me, you don't need to even ask me.

Ninkaad la hadlaysid nin siyaasada iyo afaaraha iyo taariikhda Soomaaliyeed laga waraysan karayaba maaha. Gebiba maaha, lakin anigu ilaayo haatan waxaan fahmi la'ahay inuu war moog ka yahay amase inay kas ka tahay.

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

Ok let me set some things straight for you:

1. I dont have any "Islamist homeboys" that are killing innoncent women and children, I think this was a cheap and emotional insult on your behalf. If you are accusing me of supporting terrorists, then I think you owe me an apology mate. Secondly I dont understand where religion came into this discussion.So lets leave that issue there.

2. Saddam Hussein used chemical weapons against his own people, just like todays Takfiris in Iraq, yes or no?

3. Saddam Hussein didnt kill innoncent Iraqi women and children like them, yes or no?

4. Saddam Hussein came to power through a coup just like Siyad Bare.

5. Saddam Hussein like Siyad end up ruling through tribal elites and marginalised other ethnic and political groups?

6. Just like Saddam he sent thousands of people to be tortured and interrogated simply for opposing his government, yes or no?

7. Saddam Hussein bombed Iraqi cities just like Siyad Bare bombed Somali cities and inhabitants?

8. Groups and clans in Somalia took Ethiopia as an ally because they felt Siyad Bare was marginalising their communties. Just like Ethiopian groups including Meles Zenawi took Somalia as their ally, in order to advance the interests of their respective ethnic groups. Just like Shias and Kurds in Iraq took Iran as their ally against the tyrannical rule of Saddam.

9. Therefore during the late 80s there was no Ethiopian or Somali state to betray. Everybody including Tigrays, Isaacs, Amharas and all the other clans were looking out for the survival of the respective ethnic groups as both governments in Ethiopia and Somali were on the brink of collapse.

^^You are a reasonable man indeed!

Me, adeer Siyad was the father of Somalia’s ills. Somalis could have achieved more in 21 years he has been ruling them! Contrary to what you said, we achieved less and not more with him! Nimaan wax aqoon oo Allaah ummadda ku saladay buu ahaa adeer! The guilty of the wicked is still raw, and that you passionately defend him is the disappointment here!

AYOUB   

^^ If used to survive on Caano-boodhe provided by Siyaad's you would be thinking just like him (Mr. ME).

me   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Me, adeer Siyad was the father of Somalia’s ills. Somalis could have achieved more in 21 years he has been ruling them! Contrary to what you said, we achieved less and not more with him! Nimaan wax aqoon oo Allaah ummadda ku saladay buu ahaa adeer! The guilty of the wicked is still raw, and that you passionately defend him is the disappointment here!

Your right Xiin, Somalia could have achieved allot more in the 21 years that he was ruling us. But ask yourself would Somalia have survived without his rule in those years? Somalia would be more corrupt, instable and the civil war would have happened much earlier. The Milatery rule has given us more time to develop.

Its easy to blame Siyad for Somalia's ailment, Somalia's problem was not Siyaad Barre's regime but qabiil. It was qabiil that brought down the Daraawiish and its qabiil that destroyed the Somali Republic and its qabiil that will destroy any other form of government we get. I understand where your coming from and I am gladly willing to demonize Siyad Barre if that means that Somalis will get along, but the sad truth is the problem is deeper then Siyad Barre.

In this thread we are commemorating qabiil heroes and saints and look at the threat title, an SNM SHAHIID :D thats how deep it goes adeer.

AYOUB   

^^ Caano-boodhe diarrhoea again. I don't expect you to bite the hand that used to provide the rations. The SNM mujaahids cleared out your counterparts (Barre armed thugs) that came under the guise of Soomaali-abbo. He (Barre) was the first man to bring the likes of Meles to Somalia not to mention the American bases at Berbera. Your "Caano-boodhe memoirs" are good a insight into second-rate Afweyniste mind and nothing more.

I don't think Siad Barre was that bad and i don't agree with most of somalis when they put all the blame on the old man.

I believe he was a great man ,, and he would be a HERO today if he resigned right after the 1977 war.

When everybody opposed him ,,, he was not smart enough to be calm and handle the situation carefully. All what he used was force until he was ousted forcefully.

One example is 1988 .... there were two options for him ,,, to sign a peace agreement with SNM as they were ready to sign a deal with him to end the fighting at the time ,,, and to sign an agreement with Ethiopia so that the SNM will come to the end ...... he made a wrong calculation and chose to sign a deal with Ethiopia to exchange the whole Somali region with disarmanent of the rebels. Finally he had to pay the price.

He should have agreed with his people instead of trying to Khasab them ,,,,,

RedSea   

^ and so he didn't resign therefore he is no hero.

mr. Me,

My brother you luck the knowledge of war. You should know that SNM was no army that was fighting conventional war against the SNA(which was army with might both air and sea).

So to think little logically do you think it would be wise for the SNM to take over a city and try to hold it. They tried that with Hargeysa( capturing most of it) and Burco which they captured completely. Only to be pinpointed from that point on with aierial bombardment.

So from that point on, the SNM went with the syle of rebel warfare which basically is suprise attacks, ambushes until the Barre forces were weaken significantly.

The SNM needed not to conquer cities. They would assisinate army offcicers every night, they would kick numbers of barre forces every day. Until Siyad Barre became so desperate that he either launched indiscriminate bombing to balance his troops luck of success in the battle field.

In 1989, the SNM were hunting barre forces in the ouskirts of Hargeysa, Burco, and Berbear as well as far west in Awdal. The barre forces were demorilized and only was needed for the man to be ousted out of his office and the whole structure, which was weaken to begin with would fall. That is where the USC came. Since Muqdisho was the capital, they ousted him and immediately teh remaining forces of Siyad Barre forces surrendered.

The USC did the icing on the cake, but SNM did most of the dirty work though you are still not excepting defeat of the SNA in the hands of the SNM.

ME, Siyad may he rest in peace was the father of coups, murdering officials, clan cleansing using the states force. His actions caused the downfall of the state. He went from dictator to SNF commander a backward evoloutionary step if there ever was one.

Juje. The SSDF fought Siyad while Ato and Aydeed were cheering for him. The SSDF fought Aydeed and halted his daydreams.

The SSDF with the USP formed the state of Puntland which held Somalia together this past decade. A state were all Somali's can live together in peace.

The SSDF chairman, A/Yusuf is now the most successful postwar leader of Somalia.

The SSDF was the first to start a war againsts Siad Barre ... they were militarily and politically defeated and most of them had to surrender to Somalia government while the last remainings like A/Y were put in Jail by the Ethiopians until Siad Barre is gone.

SNM finished the war as the same way they started ....... their mission was indeed successful.

The USC was created very late and the SNM was part of the creation of the USC ... but again they were successful to chase the old man from Mogadishu ...

AFTER THAT ,,,,,,,,, WAX XUN BAA KA DHACAY SOMALIA

me   

Duke I think your confusing Siyad barre with Cabdulahi Yusuf. Assasination is the trademark of Cabdulahi Yusuf and also failed coups.

Badacase, I have already privided prove for the fact that the SNM was milaterely defeated after their failed attempt to hold Hargeysa and Burco in 1988. Old Northerner who I think can argue a better case then you already gave up saaxiib. The SNM was defeated thats a fact. The USC and the revolt in Xamar brought down our government. Not hit and run tactics by the SNM. The SNM was was defeated and the North West region was pacified. the SNM was not safe anywhere, not in teh towns not in miyiga, not in its traditional fall-back lines behind the border. Meel walba waa loogu tagay. The region was in the firm hands of the government by 1989 and the refugees were starting to return to rebuild their houses, there were no reprisals, no genocides, no harrasment. The goverment did what was expected of it, it was protecting the civilians, while the SNM's only objective was to bring pain, hurt and humiliation to the people of the North West.

It is crazy when you want you accuse and make been abuur on a whole nation just to get intention .......

Can you tell me when the SNM changed its leadership from Siilaanyo to Abdirahman Tuur ?? just tell me the date and the location without giving Aayatullah speech :D

me   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

It is crazy when you want you accuse and make been abuur on a whole nation just to get intention .......

What nation the Somali Nation? What lie have I told? I provided proof, something you guys can't. In my opinion your the ones that are bussy with been abuur, since you can't back up your claims.

Northerner,

NO he did not do such things, there have been excesses from the regime which as we all know was an authorotarian regime. There have been political prisoners, but no innocent people where killed deliberatly by the government. Normal people who were not political were no targets of the government. In the wars there have been innocent people who died, but it was no government policy to kill or imprison innocent people. Thats something we can't say about the SNM.