Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Memorial for the First SNM Shahiid in 1983

me   

Duke your not talking to kids here, we all know Somali history and how the SSDF was formed and what they have done. Members of a certain clan attempted a coup and it failed, guess what happened afterwards...........yes the coup leaders were persecuted, nothing new right. Now some of those plotters crossed the border and joined the Ethiopians (who were involved in a war against Somalia, who were and still are oppressing fellow Somalis) to attack Somalia, Cabdulahi Yusuf and the SSDF were amongst those that was fighting allongside the Ethiopians against his nation from 1978 onwards. SSDF is worse then the SNM and USC as they were the father of the dabo-dhil*f movements.

^^^Adeer my cousins in their teens, lost their lives at the hands of Barre in the Mudug before even coming of age, they were not part of the coup. It was systamatic attempt to criple a whole clan.

Barre started with Galkacyu, moved on to Hargaysa and then Mogadishu. He was the first to arrest Hon,leaders such as Adan Cade, Mohamed Abshir, Yasin Nur Xasan, Egal, and other founders of the state. He was the firts to use military might to support his clan's wars remmeber what he did to the locals of Cadaado.

Anyhow as history would have it, its Yusuf Yey who prevailed and Barre who went on a donkey and died in exile. So much for cult of personality that he tried to foster for 21 years.

He destroyed Somalia and his own family.

As for Ethiopia, if I am getting killed I would use any tool to defend my person. Thus if it was not for the regimes actions, the coup, the disaster that was the war the SSDF would not have been created and Barre would not have fled as he did.

me   

Duko this is bigger then Siyad bare, we are comparing the achievements of the Somali Government and the rebel movements. You would like to compare Siyad Bare and Cabdulahi Yusuf, but I am sorry they are not in the same league, so I will not even waste time comparing Siyad Bare to Cabdulahi Yusuf. I am sorry to hear that you have lost relatives in the war, but we all did.

me   

Duke be real here the SSDF did not overthrow the Somali Government. We all remmember the dhafoorqi*qs in the 90's and I can tell you they weren't known for their bravery. The SSDF collaborated with the xabash and remenents of the SSDF are still serving their masters and not their nation. You can say whatever you wnat about teh Siyad Barre regime but they never served a master, they were always independant minded.

^^^Adeer bravery is a reletive term. The SSDF took on the state at its mightiest, while many were clapping for Siyad.

Those same brave people fled on donkeys and carts when the regime fell. Then they ran away from Aydeed. While the SSDF defetaed the old General in Galkacyu and hence him never encrouging on that part of the country.

Adeer go talk to children. The Duke is no child.

me   

Duke may not be a child but he tells childrens stories. Duke all of Somalia fled on donkey carts the day our government fell. It was a sad day for everyone including you, Siyad Barre didn't make us refugee, SSDF, SNM and USC did with their ethnic cleansings and don't start about Gaalkacyo it was a sad episode in Somali history and is not an achievement of the SSDF its a humiliating defeat of the SSDF by the USC and without the SNF and USP Gaalkacyo would be renamed Caydiidtown ask Horn.

^^^Aseer Siyad's action created these movements. His incompetency and idiotic notions put us back years. We are still trying to overcome his years even today.

Adeer the SNF and USP you say, they might have played a role, some what small, much like how Morgan led the liberation of Gedo. But those who died for the city of Glkacyu's defence were the local lads who died for their dignity, its just common sense. Hence for all the talk the SSDF stronghold of Galkacyu was Aydeed's major setback in Somalia. He could cross most barriers but not Galkacyu.

me   

Duke are you trying to tell me that Siyad barre created SSDF and told them to become xabash dabo-dhil*f?

^^^Adeer Siyad Barre's actions his coup, his crimes aganst the people, the institutions of the state led to the creation of the SSDF. If he never existed I think Somalia would be a much better country.

me   

The coup was necessary evil, the politicians were corrupt, some ministers were even spying for the xabash. The political parties were allong clan lines, our country had many enemies external aswell as internal. the coup was necessary and it served its purpose, it got Somalia through troubled times.

Now let me ask you who killed President Sharmarke, wasn't it Cabdulahi Yusuf who ordered the assasination?

^^^Adeer the facts are that Siyad was a misrable leader. A total failure who managed to make Somalia what it is today. He destroyed every institution. You talk about corruption his 21 years saw clan nepotisam at its hight with his own family promoted to top positions. He was the law all unto himslef.

He inherited a state and left behind a failed state. Therw would be no SSDF, USC, Somaliland and the war we had ifit was not for his actions.

Now let me ask you who killed President Sharmarke, wasn't it Cabdulahi Yusuf who ordered the assasination?

lool. Who benefited from his death? Mohamed Siyad Barre and who was never promoted after the death of President Sharmarke, and spent 6 years in jail? Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed. ;)

One more simple point, Yusuf Azhari and his wife Khadija A/rashid Sermarke are very close to President Yusuf and Azhari is his close advisor. Hence Yusuf connection to the late President was deep.

me   

Siyad Barre was a good leader in troubled times in our history he got us through most of those troubles, but eventually time cought uyp with him. In teh 21 years after the revolution Somalia developed as it has never doen before. The regime that Siyad Barre lead put Somalia on the map, some of the most glorious times Somalia witnessed in its history was under the leadership of Siyad Barre.

Cabdulahi Yusuf was never promoted because he was behind the assasination of a Soamli president, would you promote a killer? One mistake that Siyad Barre made was that he didn't hang mad dogs like Caydiid and Cabdulahi Yusuf.

^^^Yet Yusuf fought the war in 1978.

Anyhow, Who benefited from his death? Mohamed Siyad Barre and who was never promoted after the death of President Sharmarke, and spent 6 years in jail? Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed.

One more simple point, Yusuf Azhari and his wife Khadija A/rashid Sermarke are very close to President Yusuf and Azhari is his close advisor. Hence Yusuf connection to the late President was deep.

ME. in All fairness, Siyad;s group probably were behind the killing, he then put Azhari the son in law of Shermarke in jail, Siyad even placed Adan Cade the firts leader, Egal the PM and others in jail. Yusuf served time in jail like those great leaders persecuted by the dumb Barre.

Yet you blame Yusuf, kinda shows your lack of reasoning and knowledge.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by me:

quote:Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

If the S.N.M betrayed Somalia, then I say the Somali government betrayed its people, which led to destruction of the state and the infiltration of secular clanish groups supported by Mengistu.

How did the Somali government betrayed his people? By building up a state from virtually scratch? by inventing a new Somali script? by supporting literacy campaings that helped learn over 70% of the population how to read and write? by building up one of the Strongest armies in Africa? by building factories, roads, schools, by building Xamar and making it a place for Somalis of all regions, by recording Somali history, culture, poetry, the achievements of the Somali government are countless. So geeljire give me one example of a positive thing that these rebels did for our nation. Just one.
Saxiib ppl say the same thing about Saddam Hussein.