Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Memorial for the First SNM Shahiid in 1983

N.O.R.F   

North that article your provided claimed that the SNM advanced towards Muqdisho.

That was written by the same people whos report your using to back up your claim :D

busy right now, give me a few minutes to reply properly.

me   

After the fiasco of 1988 the SNM was on its return. The operations that in late 1988 and early 1989 severely weakend the SNM, by late 1989 the SNM was on its last legs and in March 1990 the SNM was defeated.

The SNA was in control of Northern Somalia.

So now you tell me did the SNM take over Hargeysa before or after Siyad barre left Xamar in 1991? and who made Siyad Barre leave Xamar SNM or USC?

me   

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote: North that article your provided claimed that the SNM advanced towards Muqdisho.

That was written by the same people whos report your using to back up your claim
:D

busy right now, give me a few minutes to reply properly.
I think you added that SNM bit to the article ;)

Cool take your time.

The General Assembly of SNM took place in Balligubadle mid 1989 .... this is where the previous chairman Mudane Siilaanyo was changed and a new chairman was elected to be Mudane Abdirahman Tuur ..............

Balligubadle is only few kilomiters away from Hargeisa if you know the place.

Another question: Do you really know how the USC was created ???

me   

^irrelevant to the topic jacaylbaro, stick to on topic at the time smile.gif if you would like to discuss the USC and its history we will do it in a seperate thread.

Marka hadda waad qanacday sow maaha ,, :D

I like how you jump to other topics and avoid the killing points niyow :D

Now, do you want to hear Korneyl C/Casiis Cali Barre himself ?? ,,, he did talk about his experience with SNM ,,,,, want to see ??

N.O.R.F   

The peace accord failed to provide Siad Barre respite from guerrilla activity and probably contributed to his eventual demise. Anticipating the possibility of being expelled from Ethiopia, the SNM decided to relocate within Somalia itself, a decision that drastically changed the nature of the conflict in the north. Despite the termination of Ethiopian assistance,
SNM guerrillas continued to defeat Siad Barre's forces with relative ease;
by August 1988 they had captured Hargeysa and other northern towns. Siad Barre responded by ordering massive aerial bombing, carried out by foreign mercenary pilots, that damaged or destroyed virtually every building in Hargeysa. The brutal attack, which resulted in thousands of civilian casualties and brought both domestic and international opprobrium upon
the Siad Barre regime, failed to crush the SNM.
Fighting not only intensified in the north over the next eighteen months, but also spread throughout the country, forcing an estimated 800,000 Somalis to seek refuge in Ethiopia.

http://countrystudies.us/somalia/78.htm

me   

Originally posted by Northerner:

by August 1988 they had captured Hargeysa and other northern towns.

Again you shoot yourself in the foot by quoting erronous sources.

May 1988 saaxiib not August. Know your history saaxiib.

By August 1988 the SNM was defeated and the region was in the hands of the Somali National Army.

EDIT: Jacaylbaro I cant watch teh video now, but will respond to it as soon as I have watched it.

N.O.R.F   

“I will not allow anyone to destroy me or run me out of here; and if they try, I will take the whole country with me”.

Barre

Looks like he was true to his word,,,,