Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland road projects under way

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by samuraiW:

MKA yoonis - Jawaabtu waa haa.

"Well does
560,000.00 mean five hundred and sixty thousand yes or no? Only answer that and we will be fine inshallah!"

However those of us from the North trained in the Britain style, and not the Italian style of schooling get confused when we see "560,000,00" for it means to us 5,600,000 (five point six million) with the commas placed in the wrong spot by someone who has not been to school, which is not quite the case. Do you see where lies the dilemma, now?

Tata...

Can you teach a rock to bark? I don't think so...rock will always be a rock. They need to learn the difference between period (dot) and coma in context of numbers.

Don't waste your time for these catz. Instead of saying the individual who wrote article made a simple mathematical error by placing coma in between Zero throughout, they have to defend it blindly. How primitive.

RedSea   

^looooooooooool. Waar iskaga hadh waxkasta muran ayey galinayaan.

100K maxaa udiiday bal, that is how I would do it. Simple. Boqol kun oo dollar oo caydh loo siiyey ayey page dhan uqorayaan. Bahashu lacag ah way ku cusubtay malaha dadkaan?

what does 'boowe' mean anywayz, is that another way of saying 'aboowe'?

:D

bilan   

i think you guys are quite unfair, come on i see people posting all the time how SL is moving forward and no one tries to put it down which is nice, latest was bridge being built, roads that are repaired and everyone said job well done, good luck etc, why can't you say the same thing about PL. it maybe small things, or lacag la soo tuugsaday but you should be happy for people that are trying to use of little things that they have. i hope you all realize that CY and Cadde do not represent entire region.

^The two haters at it again! It is really hard to enage a mind full of hate as no reasoning with them can help.

However, I will not try to make them admitt their shortcomings as they will not be fast to do so, because other things are holding them back but anyway I shall never the less try.

I represent original thoughts, whilst the two above bilan now have nothing to add to the issue other than their pityful attempts to distort the issue here at hand! Atleaste the former tried to make a little bit of sense but he did not add anything sufficient to the debate, I shall await my uncle Samurai W to address my latest statement inshallah as I refuse the assumption that it is a mere difference of style!

My uncle Samurai W was in total agreement with me and he put the issue down to be a mere difference of style rather then anything else!

But I outlined to him quite rightly that according to International System (SI), large numbers/figures have to be grouped together in groups of three digits to determine their real value.

Samurai W didn't say 560,000,00 was a misrepresentation but that he didn't come across such a style of representing figures before and thus didn't know how to interpret them or as he said he would say it represents 5.6 million but that he eventually 'learned' that it is a wide practised form of represeting figures in many countries around the world minus/except a few English speaking ones!

This is the crux of the argument, Samurai W reinstating that, in fact he acknowledges that fact and in Europe a different style is used and that he says that 560,000,00 indeed means five hundred and sixt thousand!

Now I expanded the issue and reminded him that it wasn't a difference of style what we are trying to figure out but what actually those figures represent and their values and as he didn't come across the 'european-style' before and didn't know how to interpret those figures at first hand, that I reminded him of the importance of the places/position of the commas/dots in relation to International System (SI) and how to interpret the meaning and value of such large figures!

Moving on I said that IS requires for any large number/figure from 1000 upwards to be represented as groups of three digits to determine their real value!

And here is it again:

The comma, period, space, and apostrophe are examples of valid separators for units of thousands as shown in the following examples:

1 234 567

1'234'567

So to say that 100,000,00 represents 10 million is not only illogical but wrong aswell! It's clear it is required by SI that large numbers from 1000 upwards in our case 100.000.00 are represented as groups of three digits to determine their real value!

So here dots and commas have in fact the same use and weight as they're valid separators for units of thousands, so the truth of the matter is that I'm right as I'm in tune with the SI!

Hence 560,000,00 as alluded by my brother Samurai W indeed means five hundred and sixy thousand and nothing else, if you disagree with me would I kindly urge you to go ahead and do that with your explanation as I eagerly await it but I will doubt it that you will r(a)ise to that level by accepting this challenge because thick minded and retarded people made of hard rock cannot comprehend or understand facts of logic that are based on good judgement or reality!

Deal with it but I doubt it you will be able too!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by samuraiW:

MKA - Here it is --I have never known what "100,000,00" meant up until I have met a chap from the South who explained that “100,000,00” and “100,000.00” were the same --which is your take as well, if I am not mistaken. I further met students from Italy, Greek, and other European countries with similar way of writing mathematical calculations.

Now, whenever I saw the following “100,000,00”, up until I met the said chaps, I used to read it to mean “10,000,000.00”. You see, it is the dot [.] and its location in the mathematical representation that which skews its reading.

I see your frustration with my insistence, but do you not see mine?

And by the way, I am by training Chartered Accountant.

Did any of that help?

Tata...

This is actually new to me. I have never seen a comma placed infront of the last two digits. What a confusing way of doing things.

One would think 100,000,00 was missing a zero at the end or that both comas are misplaced. There must be 3 digits after the last coma.

Europeans :rolleyes:

KEYNAN22   

Our president Cadde Musse has not shown any signs of corruption(you will never detect anything on him coz he's real.)

Only the total elevation of the people of PL and also the longterm goodwill of our people in this region will push us forward and align with the vision of our president.

If i had the chance i would have voted for him again,i can't imagine someone else better for puntland than cadde musse.

His accomplishment so far are too impressive and i see no one else replacing his energetic quest for the goodwill of the PL people.

He's the most honest leader in africa.

In any case, just so that you know no one can ever devide us Ha'rti.

KEYNAN22   

Originally posted by Abu_Geeljire:

i smell clan love............

No clan love at all, but pure facts, i Senceirly respect cadde musse.

I can asure you on my mothers grave that i don't come from the same sub-clan as Cadde Musse.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote:Originally posted by samuraiW:

MKA - Here it is --I have never known what "100,000,00" meant up until I have met a chap from the South who explained that “100,000,00” and “100,000.00” were the same --which is your take as well, if I am not mistaken. I further met students from Italy, Greek, and other European countries with similar way of writing mathematical calculations.

Now, whenever I saw the following “100,000,00”, up until I met the said chaps, I used to read it to mean “10,000,000.00”. You see, it is the dot [.] and its location in the mathematical representation that which skews its reading.

I see your frustration with my insistence, but do you not see mine?

And by the way, I am by training Chartered Accountant.

Did any of that help?

Tata...

This is actually new to me. I have never seen a comma placed infront of the last two digits. What a confusing way of doing things.

One would think 100,000,00 was missing a zero at the end or that both comas are misplaced. There must be 3 digits after the last coma.

Europeans :rolleyes:
I agree there is no such thing 1,000,000,00. is there? one would write either 100,000,000 or 1,000,000.00(assuming the third comma is dot). Hence, one should also consider the significance gap between the magnitude of the aforementioned figures.

Finally, I urge those of you who work sensitive places where nano or micro difference matter to get the above numerical representation straight. Alas, I see smoking gun

RedSea   

Bilan,

The project is Masha Allah. Jaylaani wish them the best luck, I am wishing them the best luck and I am glad that this will take place.

However, if said that those numbers aren't correct numbers, would that make anyone a hater, aren't we getting sensitive to say that Bilan?

bilan   

lol shucayb i am not getting sensitive but lately i am realizing that majority of somalis do not wish any good for other somalis, whether it's individual basis or regional and this forum is a good example.

RedSea   

^No sister, not you. I was refering to those who refered Jaylaani and I as haters.

You didn't say that offcourse.

These folks are undoubtedly haters! I set them a challenge below and they couldn't deal with it! I gave them an explanation that made them veer and even simplified it for them but I guess comprehension is not on their side!

I also dared them to find any faults with quote below but they could not! I showed them evidence of how it is used and what International System (SI) requires and my friend Samurai W was actually saying that the representation used in the article was a valid one used not only in the majority of European countries but the majority of the World except for English-speaking ones!

I further highlighted what International system says as can be affirmed below and still they couldn't deal with it!

I dare them to say that the representation used is not used in Europe and the majority of the rest of the world and bring their evidence and that it is by International System a wrong represenatation! I dare them but they will flop as usual I guess! I dare you to refute it with hard evidence! Not even our charted accountant did do that as he was putting the whole issue down to a difference of style that was the crux of the sitution but not that it was a misinterpretation as the two haters would like to distort the whole issue to!

Samurai W himself was alluding that nothing was wrong with the representation as it is a European style to represent figures like that but the distorters would like to give the whole debate a new meaning but they have failed in their pity attempts of misrepresenting the issue, simple and they couldn't deal with it! Now do they have the bravery of saying out loud that the representation used in the article is not something used in many European countries? I dare them to do that and I shall answer them inshallah!

You can read aswell and with a bit of thinking you might aswell get it but I doubt that the ignroant folks will!

The two haters at it again! It is really hard to enage a mind full of hate as no reasoning with them can help.

However, I will not try to make them admitt their shortcomings as they will not be fast to do so, because other things are holding them back but anyway I shall never the less try.

I represent original thoughts, whilst the two above bilan now have nothing to add to the issue other than their pityful attempts to distort the issue here at hand! Atleaste the former tried to make a little bit of sense but he did not add anything sufficient to the debate, I shall await my uncle Samurai W to address my latest statement inshallah as I refuse the assumption that it is a mere difference of style!

My uncle Samurai W was in total agreement with me and he put the issue down to be a mere difference of style rather then anything else!

But I outlined to him quite rightly that according to International System (SI), large numbers/figures have to be grouped together in groups of three digits to determine their real value.

Samurai W didn't say 560,000,00 was a misrepresentation but that he didn't come across such a style of representing figures before and thus didn't know how to interpret them or as he said he would say it represents 5.6 million but that he eventually 'learned' that it is a wide practised form of represeting figures in many countries around the world minus/except a few English speaking ones!

This is the crux of the argument, Samurai W reinstating that, in fact he acknowledges that fact and in Europe a different style is used and that he says that 560,000,00 indeed means five hundred and sixt thousand!

Now I expanded the issue and reminded him that it wasn't a difference of style what we are trying to figure out but what actually those figures represent and their values and as he didn't come across the 'european-style' before and didn't know how to interpret those figures at first hand, that I reminded him of the importance of the places/position of the commas/dots in relation to International System (SI) and how to interpret the meaning and value of such large figures!

Moving on I said that IS requires for any large number/figure from 1000 upwards to be represented as groups of three digits to determine their real value!

And here is it again:

The comma, period, space, and apostrophe are examples of valid separators for units of thousands as shown in the following examples:

1 234 567

1'234'567

So to say that 100,000,00 represents 10 million is not only illogical but wrong aswell! It's clear it is required by SI that large numbers from 1000 upwards in our case 100.000.00 are represented as groups of three digits to determine their real value!

So here dots and commas have in fact the same use and weight as they're valid separators for units of thousands, so the truth of the matter is that I'm right as I'm in tune with the SI!

Hence 560,000,00 as alluded by my brother Samurai W indeed means five hundred and sixy thousand and nothing else, if you disagree with me would I kindly urge you to go ahead and do that with your explanation as I eagerly await it but I will doubt it that you will r(a)ise to that level by accepting this challenge because thick minded and retarded people made of hard rock cannot comprehend or understand facts of logic that are based on good judgement or reality!

Deal with it but I doubt it you will be able too!

Deal with the above if you can and refute anything that I've outlined above with couterarguments that actually have weight to them and some logic but I will doubt it that you can even come close in giving some sort of rebuttal as you have nothing to add to the issue other than speaking out of your back-side!

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Shucayb:

Bilan,

The project is Masha Allah. Jaylaani wish them the best luck, I am wishing them the best luck and I am glad that this will take place.

However, if said that those numbers aren't correct numbers, would that make anyone a hater, aren't we getting sensitive to say that Bilan?

I actually congratulated puntland in doing great job by building roads. I said and I quote my self “ it will help all Somalis to navigate better”. But that is beside the point. The only thing I did was to make simple correction in mathematical mistake somebody made in the article. Instead of acknowledging the error some of these creature decided to defend it blindly like everything else and introduced new rules that are NOT legitimate. . . I just realized some people have NO mental capacity to distinguish between COMA and DOT… so I let it go and move on.

Actually SamariW and Northerner made great illustration to convince them. Some times they need to shut it and learn. Like they say “MIND IS TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE”

^Distorting the issue again, are we? Adeer you couldn't deal with what I have written nor could you refute it and in fact you lied to yourself!

Our brother Samurai W put the issue down as he has and we were not arguing about the issue you're trying to portray unsuccessfully right now without valid reason of course(that goes without saying} and your friend Northerner actually realised it himself that the system used is a European one! The majority acknowledge that it's a European style to represent numbers in that way and according to SI it was a legitimate way to do so and nothing wrong with it!

Now come here again and refute what I've written and tell me that it is not something practised in Europe! 100,000,00 is a quite normal representation in many countries around the world not only Europe, so come here and tell me that it is a wrong representation and not used in the majority of the civilised world except few English speaking ones!

Adeer if you cannot deal with it and bring evidence forth like I have done, please don't come here and blew your hot airs, understand?

You don't express original thoughts nor can you be on my level as I've given you a perfectly reply that made you veer as usual and thus claim a false and wishful thinking that 'I have in some kind introduced new rules that are not 'legitimate' as you put it'!

If that is the case I want you to back it up! Tell and quote to me where it is said that it is a misrepresentation? Unlike you I don't falsely follow my instincts and try to defend some kind of utopia!

I eagerly await it from you but you will fail inshallah as you have done so may times previously because seeing from your last attempt one can see that you're not fit to neither discuss nor debate with me on this issue coherently!

Mind you, I guess I have to show you what brother Samurai W actually wrote as you falsely and so shamelessly lied about him!

Here it is for the rest to see what a shameless liar you're:

Bal eega -- Meelo badan oo dunida ka mid ah oo Europe ugu horayso (UK aside) waxa loo qoraa sidan : 560,000,00 halka wadamadii Britain gumaysatay sida US/Canada, Australia, New Zealand iwm loo qoro sidan: 560,000.00. Labadubana waa sax; waxaana ay ku xidhan tahay hadba halka aad daafaha dunida ka joogto.

Ardayda wax ku baratay, bil mathaal, Italy sida hore ayaa sax la ah, halka kuwa Britain wax ku bartayna ay sida dambe sax la tahay --hadda bal eeg labaduba waa sax e.

MKA Yoonis - sida ay wax kuula muuqdaan waan arkaaye,
waana sax e
, boowe adigu maxaanad u arag sida ay aniga wax iigu muuqdaan.

In case you don’t know any Somali judging from the way you write he’s saying that I’m correct and that the representation is correct as well as it is used in many European countries, so if I may ask you ‘Where is the newly introduced rules that are NOT legitimate’ you so much talked about?

The burden is on you my friend and not me bring forth your counter-arguments and show us the ‘newly introduced rules that are not legitimate’, if you may do so! Remember 560,000,00 is a ‘new introduced rules that are not Legitimate’! Give me a break! Either you take that back and say you were wrong and mistaken or you as usually chicken out and try to distort the whole issue again!

Remember the burden is on you my friend!