Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland road projects under way

Some people have a Puntland complex. It is sad.

150,000.00= 150 thousand dollars

^

.00 emphasises pennies. If it were .04, it would be four cents. I don't know why people are arguing over pennies. But I guess some have puntland hysteria or something of that nature.

^ MKA Yoonis learnt from the same british schools I presume you learnt from. He does live in the Queens presitigous country afterall. But it doesn't take a genuis to figure out that nobody in somalia has 56 million or 15 million to build roads.

Exactly Taako Man, every figure/number from 1000 you just count down three places from right and place to come to give it, its value!

So, 10.000.00 or 10,000,00 are the same meaning ten thousand, but to say it is 'one million' is absurd! Look at the places of the commas/dots and everyone knows the last two figures/numbers represent no real value! They're just mearly there!

For example 10,00 or 10.00 is ten no one would dispute that! However every number from 1000 you just count three places and place your dot/comma to give it, its reall value!

Example 100,000,00 or 100,000.00 is not ten million but one hundred thousand! Count three places from right with every number from 1000 place and then place your dot/comma and you will get your value, easy!

Boowe i dhageyso dee! I know how we can finish off this episode, so are you ready?

Now tell me what 100,000,00 or 100,000.00 stands for, does the value really mean one hundred thousand or is it 10 million?

That's the easy way to bring it to an end! If you say 100,000,00 means 10 million to you then say so please!

P.s. Then we will see inshallah that it's not a difference of the written formats or position/places of the dats/commas but rather the values of the given numbers and their substance!

MKA - Here it is --I have never known what "100,000,00" meant up until I have met a chap from the South who explained that “100,000,00” and “100,000.00” were the same --which is your take as well, if I am not mistaken. I further met students from Italy, Greek, and other European countries with similar way of writing mathematical calculations.

Now, whenever I saw the following “100,000,00”, up until I met the said chaps, I used to read it to mean “10,000,000.00”. You see, it is the dot [.] and its location in the mathematical representation that which skews its reading.

I see your frustration with my insistence, but do you not see mine?

And by the way, I am by training Chartered Accountant.

Did any of that help?

Tata...

Taako is correct, one reason why I don't buy into the argument that it is merely a difference of style is because I had the good fortune of being educated both in England and mainland Europe! Al-Hamdilallaah!

100,000,00 or 100,000.00 is and has the same value but to say that 100,000,00 is 10 million would be ludacrious!

I new already that the English education system together with their health service was already in a terrible and dreadful state as can be seen by the passing rate of their substandard A-Level their equivalent of the International Baccalaureate, which has a pass rate the last time I checked of 96%! Shocking I guess.

But to say 100,000,00 represents 10 million is gross I think to say the least wise think to say! 100,000,00 or 100,000.00 is hundred thousand and it will stay that way inshallah!

Inshallah boowe but one more think! You're actually defeating your own arguments when you saying that you didn't 'knew' the meaning of 100,000,00 until you meant someone that explained it to you!

You have to know that the value is determined by the place/position of the comma/dot! But you somehow seem to disregard the comma being used as the dot!

Everyone knows that in order to determine the value of any number from 1000 and where to place the dot/comma you have to count three places from the right, but where did you see those three places being counted? There are only two, which means, the last two figures/numbers are valueless or pennies as Taako said.

They don't represent any meaningful value! We have to look at the place/position of the comma!You said it didn't make sense for you but in 100,000,00 the last two figues are meaningless/valueless because no three positions were counted from the right to place a dot or comma in order to give it some meaningful value or substance, understand?

I know it's late so let's leave it there inshallh! Salaamu calaykum inshallah! Hurda wanaagsan.

Boowe maya --- sida annaga na loo baray, [,] & [.] mid waliba micne gaar ah ayaa uu leeyahay marka tacbiir xisaabeed loo adeegsanayo. Wixii [.] xagga dambe ka raaca waa sarrif, halka [,] -du ay kun, milyan, bilyan ama, ama ay dhextaal u tahay. Waxaa dhacda in haddii la doono [.] laga tagi karo oo ay [optional] tahay, sida 100,000 oo macnawiyan u dhiganta [100,000.00], laakiin (again waa sida na loo baray e), [,] & [.] ma noqdaan 'interchangeable' sida wadamada qaarkood looga adeegsado, adiguna aad ku qanacsan tahay. Haddii meel ay ahayd in [,] loo adeegsado [.] la falgeliyana micnuhu uu sidaa isna ku bedelmayo.

Sidaa darteed ayaa marka aan arko tiro sidan u xardhan '100,00' aan u qaadan jiray in si qaldan loo dhigay (oo ay ahayd in loo dhigo sidan 100.00, ama loola jeeday sidan '10,000.00'), ka hor intii aanan la kulmin arday wadamo kale wax ku soo baratay sidaada oo kale.

Odhaahdan, I totally agree, cilladuse waxaa ay ka dhalanaysaa adeegsiga [,] & [.] oo aynu siyaabo kala duwan u adeegsano, micne gaar ahna inoo kala leh. Ari ma kuu dhacday?

"They don't represent any meaningful value! We have to look at the place/position of the comma!You said it didn't make sense for you but in 100,000,00 the last two figues are meaningless/valueless because no three positions were counted from the right to place a dot or comma in order to give it some meaningful value or substance, understand?"

Aan u biyodhaco e, waxaa ay isugu soo ururaysaa in sida aad tacbiirka xisaabeed u qortaan iyo sida aan u qorraa ay kala duwan yihiin.

And by the way, ma diidani in aad England wax ku baratay, waxaase ay u badan tahay in yaraantaadii nidaam kale lagugu soo barbaariyey.

Tata...

NASSIR   

Garad, Let me correct the article you posted about the schools. Badhan has two high schools, two technical colleges, and one boarding school for the orphans, Xingalol has one high school, Hadaftimo, Dhahar has two high schools, Midgale has one, and Lasqorey has one high school that is now under remodeling--it was funded by UIE-based agency led by women from the region. The effort to build a Uni by the Diaspora was opposed by JNA representatives of Sanag, Mohamed Muse and Fatima Jibrell for reasons that have to do with an emphasis on giving full support such as the meeting of the funds to all the resources those schools demand. Adequately meeting the needs for the Intermediate and High schools in the whole region has worked very effectively so far.

The problem comes from the arrangement UN imposed on the community that unfairly lumps it with Hargeisa. UNESCO probably consigned the books to Sanag through the Hargeisa office.

The dilemma of the community lies in the fact that the United Nations administrative arrangement had lumped it with the Northwest Zone and established its zone office in Hargeisa. Besides the fact that Hargeisa is 300 miles away from the center of the community, politically speaking, the Community and its leadership do not see eye to eye with the leadership in Hargeisa, on matters relating to the present and future of Somalia . On the other hand, the United Nation’s Zone Office in Bossasso, which is only less than a hundred-miles away from the center of the community, has all along maintained that assistance to the eastern Sanaag(extends between the cities of Bossasso - the capital of the Bari region and Erigavo, the capital of the Sanaag region - in an east-west direction.) community is not within its purview except the villages and towns in Bari in which the community settles.

A road project is underway as soon as the Las qorey project is over.

Jabhad   

Very good development for the 1.1 million citizens of North Eastern regions of Somalia. Development in such regions will help local people find jobs there instead of immigrating to bigger and crowded cities of 2+ million people such as Mogadishu.

Boowe the International system as I already said requires that large numbers from 1000 be represented 'as groups of three digits' to determine its value! Remember we are not contesting the different written formats or how they're represented but about their actuall values!

'Required by International System: Since the comma often means a decimal point, the International System (SI) requires that large numbers, like the billions above, be represented as groups of three digits separated by narrow spaces, not by commas'.

For example:

Thousands Separators! Numbers from 1000!

The comma, period, space, and apostrophe are examples of valid separators for units of thousands as shown in the following examples:

1 234 567

1'234'567

So to say that 100,000,00 represents 10 million is not only illogical but wrong aswell! It's clear it is required by International standard/system that large numbers from 1000 in our case 100.000.00 are represented as groups of three digits to determine their real value!

So for example 100,000,00 and 100.000.00 eventually become the same but not 100,000,00 becoming 10 million that would be ludacrious and absurd thing to say!

You see international system/standard requires for large numbers to be represented as groups in three's whether through a comma/dot or even space, get it brother?

In short 100.000.00 or 100,000,00 have the same value and meaning!