Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The RIGHT Age!

NG, waan ogahay inaad adigu iska fakaraysid ee shaaha dib udhig. She can make you cereal or something ama cuntada la kariyey iney kuu soo gurto laakiin biyo kulul yeyna u dhawaan.

Aaliyyah   

lol NG yeh I do cook ..so no need with the sarcasm. And, do you make the tea with the coffee maker?..I usually make it on the stove...I don't see the difference.

anyways, why do you want ur lil girl to serve you? when you can serve urself and let the lil girl enjoy her childhood..

NGONGE   

That one is set in her ways now. She'll probably spit in my tea if I tried to force her to learn. :(

Norf,

That one is ciyaal suuq. Ever meet a four year old ciyaal suuq? He actually told me that he wants to go on a date with the girl next door. When asked him what he'll do next he said he'll marry her and move next door. I wouldn't mind taking him to his adeero and leaving him there. :D

Aaliyyah   

NG it seems to me you don't have good relationship with your kids. Somehow you don't see them as kids, do you like converse with them like adults lol...

NGONGE   

^^ They're not babies you know They can talk. Plus, anyone that can beat me in a playstation game when I'm actually giving it my all does not deserve to be treated like a kid.

(Overtime. Laterz).

Aaliyyah   

lol@ beat me in a playstation game..is that how you measure if someone has maturity or not?? I would think the reason they beat you on it is because they spend most of their time playing games...

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Stove? Are you sure you've been near a kitchen in your life? Who makes tea in a stove other than darn Africans?

:D

You want good old Brit tea miya?

:D @ the 4 year old's antics

Ibtisam   

That one is ciyaal suuq. Ever meet a four year old ciyaal suuq? He actually told me that he wants to go on a date with the girl next door. When asked him what he'll do next he said he'll marry her and move next door. I wouldn't mind taking him to his adeero and leaving him there.

Hahahaha looooooooooool. That is a smart 4yr old. ! lord have mercy! looooooooooool

-Lily-   

12-14 is a good age to start experimenting with cooking. I suggest you train your boys too. The way the wind is blowing you don’t want them at your house with their black bags. You think you might be sparing them but sooner or later they will be running around cracking up meals for a woman who calls them ‘honey/darling etc’, they might as well serve their parents. Kids who don’t have chores as children become irresponsible adults.

I learned most stuff chatting to my mum after school (late middle school/high school) and she used to say cut this up, add this, pass that etc. I can’t honestly recall making any food before I was 12. Washing up and so on was like 9-10. I made my first tea at 11. Abo was well proud…unfortunately I developed a reputation making great tea, so I had to resort to putting too much sugar in my teens to put people off.

p.s. Dad badan aa child services logu yeeri doona!

Blessed   

Tea by a 5 year old is not safe, NG.

She can help tidy up, may be make toast, pour you a drink but keep her away from the heat…

I lived the blessed life of a spoilt princess until a month before my 9th b-day when my evil little brother came into the world. :(

Hubb   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Ibti, we live in an age where one can cook anything they want as long as they have a recipe book. I can do all that (when I'm allowed into the kitchen). But the kids do that stuff at school. For some reason they refuse to do it at home.

I refuse to fetch and carry for them for another five years, CL. Surely if they can talk they can also make a cup of tea. I'm not asking for Chicken Biryani here.

ps

Cara you didn't say how old you were when you started learning all these things.

u should though, Chicken Biryani and everything. Dont stop there, you should also ask for rent money too.

Ashkiro   

@The best way is to get them mini brooms, cleaning tools as toys when they are young

Please tell me u are joking and only seeking reaction with such an outrageous statement? I sure do hope so. I certainly don't believe in habaar, lakiin if ever one was needed u would get mine right about now, to think so lowly of innocent children ya Allah. The best tools you can give children, (you mental midget), is apart from teaching them the deen and mannerism, is education, education, education. investing in the future of your kids, not the other way around. Your the parent, not them. I do wonder why somali kids are the way they are sometimes.

@(I have other plans for the boy).

It's your child, not my say whatsoever, but however since this is a forum to voice our opinions, there is certainly a large degree of unfairness by treating your children differently.