Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The RIGHT Age!

Kool_Kat   

KK,

You tell me that a two and half year old child pretends to clean yet are surprised at the idea of a five-year-old making tea? The difference in age between the two is a
LIFETIME
. A lifetime I tell ya.

Your task for the next year or so is to teach her to dress herself. When I say dress herself I mean choosing what she'll wear and doing it without any interference or help from you (unless she asks).

NG, although, the age difference might seem a 'lifetime', she is still a child...At the age of thirty, I still spill some 'hot' water here and there when making tea from time to time...You should start her on easier tasks is all I am saying...Besides you don't need 'Shaah alaBiibito' as my mom would say... :D

As for my next task, we're already doing that now...Maxaa aniga iyo iyada dagaal na dhexmara...Would you believe to this day, she wouldn't go outside without a jacket, as she was used to wearing one in the winter? Grrr...She just has to wear one when leaving the house, bal mexey qarinee!

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ My grown-up son? Err, erm, err but I, I was a good boy and never did anything silly in my youth. He's an imposter.

ps

Have you seen how soft most of the other girls have become? I was expecting fireworks.
:D

I meant your 4 year old in 30 years. You'll still be baby-sitting if you follow the trend.

I learned how to cook when I got engaged at the age of 17. I am the type of person who likes to clean but hate cooking. Alhamdullilah it might take me longer to cook but I make the best food.

To the poster your crazy making a five year old make tea. What if she burns herself, I am sure you don't want to be involved with children's aid. Just give her the time and don't force to cook at young age because you don't want her to hate how to cook when she grows up.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by GIGI:

I learned how to cook when I got engaged at the age of 17.

Being engages at 17 is pretty much similar to teaching a five year old how to make tea...What's the rush? :confused:

nuune   

^^ Koolo lool, gardarro.com adi, ehehe adi dhib badnidaa, maxaa ka rabtaana, she is 20 now, plus she said engaged doesn't mean wey aroosatey lol, so waa expereince waxan, yeah, don't be jeelous aan ku dhahay if u didnt get engaged when u were 17, iska daa igaarta :D

Kool_Kat   

Gardaro igama'aha, isku dirka dhaaf yaah...Saan u arko lee u sheegay...

Hadaan Soomaali nahayna 'engaged' soo ma'aha meherka? Mise faraanti lee la'isa siiyaa sida gaalada? :D Waagaan ogaa we don't get 'engaged' then months later or every years later get married wah...Experience kuyeh!

Being engages at 17 is pretty much similar to teaching a five year old how to make tea...What's the rush?

^^ Are you serious, I thought you were samrter than this. I don't care whether you think a 17 year old is not ready, but what matters is that I live in a happy life, alhamdullilah. Whether I rushed or not is nort up to you, I was old enough to make my own decision. Would it make difference if you get marry at age 20, 30, 40 no age is just a number. What matters the most is having a pious husband/wife.

Faynuus   

GIGI ur right. age doesnt matter and the earlier u marry the better especially when ur a girl. so no u didnt rush so longer it was someone u concented to marry. May Allah bless ur marriage sister.

Kook kat naa gabadha maxaa ku saaray gumees aan ku dhihi lahaa hadaanan kugu ogayn inaad married mom tahay. waad iga baxsatay marka.

NG five year old is way too young for making shaah. i tried when i was five and the kirli full of shaah poured on my poor fragile legs and was hospitalised for weeks. I got the scars to proof it. pls do not rush ur little doughter into household chores. she is just not there yet. laakiin let her clean with u or the with mom. ask her to assemble dirtly loundry and utensils but not let her use a washing machine, dryer or any gadget. start with the little safer things and she will be interested to learn when he is old enough.

Kool_Kat   

GIGI, allaha kuu siyaadiyo abaayo...I just find it very odd for a 17 year old to be thinking of choosing a life time partner, let alone engaged...Not many 17 year olds think marriage as a priority at that age...But as long as you're happy, good for you... smile.gif

Faynuus, lol@guumeys...Naa gabadha ani masaarni bisinkee, intee igu aragtay anoo korsan... icon_razz.gif Seriously though, what were you doing at the age of 17 Faynuuseey bal noo sheeg?

NG, your question is an indication of a bigger problem here - your caajisnimo. This is not a question of if a 5yr old should make tea, but why cant you make your own tea?

Dont let a 5yr old get anywhere near hot water or the stove, for at least another 8-9yrs. Otherwise, you'll never forgive yourself for any accidents.

p.s. I'm all for teaching your kids stuff, but what benefits THEM.. looking after themselves, getting their own meals, washing after themselves, keeping themselves tidy and clean... ok, even keeping communal areas clean. However, making YOU tea or getting YOU food, is.. wrong!

nuune   

Kool-Kaat lool@intee igu aragtey anoo korsan ehehehhe :D

Koolo, haye hee, waa lagu galay adna intee ka baxaa meel Alle aa ku heesato lool, iskugu dhawoow 17 yrs olds, waa algu rifaa runti :D

mida kale, 17 yrs old gettin married is not something new, is something very common, and very common I mean it, kaalay adi, ma waxaad joogi jirtey Bhutan iyo Nepal waaba kaa shakiyee.

Are you saying that the contemporary 17 yrs olds are not the same as of that kuwii hore, in that case, you may have tiny lil point there :D , but overall, if the person is happy and can manage the responsibility, then that is all needed.

We Somalis have categorised the stages of when one should get marry or generally the stages of girls, it may sound offensive to some, but that is how WE Somalis explain things, men or women.

Gabdhaha waxaa loo qeebiyaa saddex marxaladood in accordance of how they would get marry or at what age:

Boojaal aan ahayee i badbaadi = ages between 15-17 yr olds

Waan bislaadee i cun = ages between 18-25 yr olds

Waan bakhtiyee i jiid = ages between 26-32 yr olds

Wixii 32 yrs old ka korreeyo ambbulance in loogu waco waaye.

Cuqdatu nafsi inaa idin ku rido ma rabo for those who didn't get marry and are in some or those stages, but that is the Somali way for divding women's age and the stages of their age.

The Zack   

Originally posted by nuune:

Waan bislaadee i cun = ages between 18-25 yr olds

:D:D:D Biseylka in lagu gaadho weeye yaah inteysan bakhtiyin. Lool@waan bakhtiyay.

Faynuus   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Faynuus,
gabadha ani masaarni bisinkee, intee igu aragtay anoo korsan...
icon_razz.gif
Seriously though, what were you doing at the age of 17 Faynuuseey bal noo sheeg? [/QB]

aniga i had a crash on a man whom i ended up marrying lator at 19 and we are stil. but i got to admitt, i never thought of marrying at 17, 18 or even at 22 but he convinced me and am glad he did.there is nothing wrong marrying young so longer it is ur choice. adiga cadaanaa is mooday haye. aniga meelahaa wareegaayey confused with choosing between careers and guys. good old days.

Kool_Kat   

Wixii 32 yrs old ka korreeyo ambbulance in loogu waco waaye.

H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-H-A-A-A-A-A-A!

Qosol shigshig ma maqlijirtay, waliba anoo soomaan...Caadi matihid...

Nuunoow, contemporary 17yr old kuyeh...Unugubaa mashaqo maqalnay...War when I was 17, I've been in Canada for only three years by then, I was still in a cultural shock, baraf iyo ESLna dhagahey iilaabaayeen, adna nin iyo wax kalaa ka hadloysaa...Sheeko...Habarteey iyo walaasheeyna igu sooroor ma'eheen, nin uuba isoo wocobo - let's just say isagoo ujeedin oo telephone lee eetahay sheekada ee kabahooda ka ordi jireen!!!

adiga cadaanaa is mooday haye.

Faynuus, hadaan 17 nin lagu guursan ma cadaan baala'ismoodaa? Sheekaaba wadaayee walaaleey...Actually, aside with struggling to fit in and get used to this great country of Canada, at 17 I was busy picking out my prom dress, trying to figure what which college attend, what field of study to persue - so excuse me if I didn't have much time left to think of whom I should be spending the rest of my life with...Cadaan lee iga dheh... :D

I got married at the age of 23, and times thought it was too early to get married at that age - as I wanted to do so much more like further my studies (which by the way I am doing now at the age of *ehem ehem* 31)...Alxamdulilaah, I've been married for eight year and allah has blessed me with a beautiful daughter, but 17 is just a tad bit too young to be thinking of marriage regardless - that's just my opinion... ;)

Good luck to all of us...

Som@li   

^*ehem ehem* 31, Confession,lol

Kk,waa ka baxsatey,intii adan gaadhin i jiid,kkkkk

Waryaa Nuune, Gabhadha meeshan ka buuxa, qaar baa madaxa ku qarxin doona, ninyahow hadala laga naxo hoos baa loo dhahaa :D