Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Full contact sport?

Castro   

To strip or not to strip? Egyptian clerics debate sex

CAIRO: An Egyptian cleric's controversial fatwa claiming that nudity during sexual intercourse invalidates a marriage has uncovered a rift among Islamic scholars. According to the religious edict issued by Rashad Hassan Khalil, a former dean of the prestigious Al-Azhar University's faculty of Sharia (or Islamic law), "being completely naked during the act of coitus annuls the marriage."

The religious decree sparked a hot debate on the private satellite network Dream's popular religious talk show and on the front page of Sunday's Al-Masri Al-Yawm, Egypt's leading independent daily newspaper.

Soad Saleh, who heads the women's department of Al-Azhar's Islamic studies faculty, pleaded for "anything that can bring spouses closer to each other" and rejected the claim that nudity during intercourse could invalidate a union.

During the live televised debate, Islamic scholar Abdel-Moti dismissed the fatwa, saying: "Nothing is prohibited during marital sex, except of course sodomy."

For his part, Al-Azhar's fatwa committee chairman Abdullah Megawar argued that married couples could see each other naked but they should not look at each other's genitalia and suggested that they cover up with a blanket during sex.

Source

Cara.   

For his part, Al-Azhar's fatwa committee chairman Abdullah Megawar argued that married couples could see each other naked but they should not look at each other's genitalia and suggested that they cover up with a blanket during sex.

LOL. This has to be by far the funniest thing I've read in a while. Thank you, Castro.

Dips on this as a sig!!!

LOL. Of all the things to issue fatwa about, hadeer nin iyo naagtiis bii qolka u soo qaleen? *snorts* My, my, my. They must be bored. I say the 'clerics' have no business in the Ummah's bedrooms. :D

Seriously, they're going to disappoint all those frustrated virgin men and women who look impatiently to their wedding night, wondering what all the fuss is about and if it's really better than chocolate as some claim. icon_razz.gif

Baluug   

I like the name of this thread...."Full Contact Sport" LOL

As for this fatwa, how did he come up with a decision like this? And who the hell would ask him to make a decision on something like this? The Ned Flanders of the Muslims?

"As salam alaikum wa rahmatullah, brother.....I was just wondering.....Can i be naked when I have sex with my wife or is it haraam? Y'know, just to be on the safe side...."

*Giggles*

Ooh wee. Annuls the marriage, eh? Very bad news for all the exhibitionists out there (where else can you get naked, if not your own marital bed?). Shucks!

Maf Kees   

So if you see your lady's vagina on accident when you walk into the unlocked bathroom and she's there buttnaked, you have to have your divorce papers ready? Get the fuk outta here. Your own lawyer will kick you out of his office when you explain it to him.

Castro   

Ok, so when I was done rolling on the floor from laughter, I realized the person who issued this is a former dean of the faculty of Sharia, or Islamic law and not just your run of the mill pseudo-scholar. Think about that for a moment. Even if he did face stiff rebuke and much ridicule from other scholars, the risk of creating confusion, spreading ignorance and possibly causing chaos is not insignificant. There is a greater risk to those who are unable to read and find out for themselves if such a decree is based on shaky grounds. Though this is a simple matter really, the implications of issuing such (irresponsible) decrees are immense.

loooooooool! and then some more.kix.kix..kix. say what? you cant do what? Thanks castro, you had me rolling. Literally, the knee slapping type of loughter! man these sheikhs are getting weird ideas, But am glad someone put stop to it.

----------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

Pi   

Well, this is not new at all. I believe there are two hadiths about this subject. I've come across these two a long time ago:-

1. Looking at each other's private parts can cause impotency and blindness. Therefore, do not look at (or into) each other's private parts. (This is almost literally the exact wording of the hadith)

2. Thou shalt not act imitate the beasts in your "relationships"

Both are said to be Da'eef or weak ahadith which are not reliable. Also, the famous Egyptian TV-Sheikh personality, Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, was asked this same question. He is on record saying, "By God this is strange. I am being told that people in the West strip butt-naked during intercourse. It is not recommended that you take off all your garments during "Jimaac" (i.e. copulation).

I think this is just a Arab thing, a cultural ritual; namely, of copulating with your full gear on, the Qamiis or Jalbaab or what have you.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Infinite:

He is on record saying, "By God this is strange. I am being told that people in the West strip butt-naked during intercourse. It is not recommended that you take off all your garments during "Jimaac" (i.e. copulation).

I'll remember to keep my socks on next time.

I think this is rather one of the good fatwas. Maxaa dharka idinka wada saaraya oo mudh idinka dhigaya? And maxaad ka eegeysiin 'meelahaa' up-close and personal? Ceeb badanaa. icon_razz.gif