Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

Ibti my dear, I think every Somali parent wants their daughter/son to stay within the family. There is an old Somali saying "Marry who you know, you will have children you know" the point is not that your families dont prefer their own, even sub clans within your groups prefer their own. But the fact that if I wanted to marry a Northern dyme, her parents would not object too loudly. Thats the point of the issue. They would not object too loudly to the big clans. The minority is a tottaly different story the North holds them in even more contempt than most North Eastern/Southerners do.

Juxa   

ok ok, seems waala wada kululaaday.

lets say to each his/her own. each tuulo waa diamond and each qabiil dahab.

i believe the topic was how to stop the bad dhaqan of discriminating against the minorities.

the rest is all about personal preferences.

Duke - just don't take Mr Yey's picture with you - they are allergic to mere mention of his name let alone you even coming from the same city as him and top of that carrying his picture around :D

Ibti - cid soomaali ah oo wax ii diidi karta maba jidho. i told you before - i am reer qardhood. :D

Che. i admit xamar cadey is nothing (with the exception of X. Taleex, of course) icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

Chocolate & honey, we have no problems with the guys marrying out, it is the girls we have issues with. :D

Duke haha yeah right, some families would rather cut off their right leg then allow you to marry their daughters and you are only at Bosasso, imagin if you was even further.

S*S-As long as you admit Qardho get nothing on Taleex.

Ibti has point.There's girl from Dhahar who married askari from the south, she was lonest person in the town :(

Juxa   

shakes head @ you are only at Bosasso, imagin if you was even further.

:confused: :confused:

Ibtisam   

Juxa and C&H what are you shaking you head about or confused. Miis you are still at the stage of OH God, oh she didn't. That is some of the reality in the world, just because no one says, it does not mean it aint so.

Ironically, many “noble” clan Somalis seeking refugee or political asylum have falsely

claimed outcaste ******-******** status. They do this as the receiving developed nations understand the special jeopardy faced by outcaste ******s, and, therefore usually grant them political asylum. Quite often, when such a false application is granted, the applicant then takes pain to over emphasize, within the Somali community, his or her actual noble status. Somali

Blessed   

LOL. Ibts. T.H talk? If you were from ends they'd call you what they call my hooyo and the other lady..

Some of you are obsessed with Burco, waad ku tusbaxaysaan doontaan goor dhow saad u socotaan.

^^^Paragon, I think Ibti is our new dave Chappelle. :D She cant be right. I know from experince her clan wont say anything to mine, but we can pretend here can we not.

S*S, adeer no one doubts you will say, Yey is my uncle, since a few of these folks ever heard of Jama Ali Jama and his bravery. :D