Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

Juxa   

Ngonge yaa ku yiri iitarjum what ibti said.

atleast ibti is honest about her ahem convictions.

sayid you are right, laba iskuma heysato my state of mind, now buxxger off

Ibtisam   

Juxa, sorry I did not read what you or KK said, if you already stated that you can see why you have issues with it, then I can see why you would be offended.

Correction: Reer Waqooyi and reer Konfur are not equal to me in Marriage, reer Konfur and all the other reer apart from mine are equal to me. I will get the same budh for both. icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

this is not me getting offended about reerahaa, this is about your prejudice against reer koonfur.

atleast that is maskaxdayda waxa kujira. i think i should stop muranka and let you get on with it

lunch time

Johnny B   

Juxa,

Adoo ina hebel hebel ah oo reerki geela kuruska kaliya ka cuni jiray ku dhaleen, ******* xun oo ilko ku raqas leh oo Buroa ku dhalate kahuu faanto,oo harag tolayaashii & smithy hakula metesho waa ska dhimo.

Nga tag,ina atheerteyna ma tihid, Xaradheere dambena yaanan kaa maqal. :(

Juxa   

johnny stop twisting it :mad:

ibti does not like reer koonfur, i am reer koonfur my anger is how can she not love me?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Juxa:

Ngonge yaa ku yiri iitarjum what ibti said.

atleast ibti is honest about her ahem convictions.

sayid you are right, laba iskuma heysato my state of mind, now buxxger off

:D:D

Ibtisam   

Juxa :D Loool I love you dear, but not enough to marry you dhee. What the hell is wrong with that.

Juxa, don't mean to add to your caado, but I picked a Bengali over a brother icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

koleyba shido iyo kuleyl baad lajoogtaa. i pray for the bengaliga safetigiisa.

ps: love you back, purely on basis of our common love for xalwo/cakes.

ps: Ngonge it is not your fault you hail from waqooyi, i mean it is not like you had a choice, we are what we are smile.gif

NGONGE   

^^ I'm working on it though. KK has almost agreed to give us her daughter (for my beloved lieutenant). Maybe, in time, we will become civilised enough for their grandchildren to marry someone from the south. :D

Johnny B   

^Juxa,

Heck to reer koonfur,we don't represent reer koonfur.

I don't buy the " *******" crap of koonfur & waqoyi.

It's we (the noble blood of Mudug/ galguduud/ hiiraan/mid-shabelle & banadir ) who are at the center of the nobelity.

We do neither "qaldans" upp north or Myaw yaw in the South.

( atleast that is how Castro told me to see it).

Don't listen to Ibti's crap of not loving your ilk enough to marry of them.

In the history of Somalis , there're recorded events of north Buroa-females heading to mid-south for breeding-hashing , but not the other way around.

Juxa adigu Qic baa tahay, Ibti iyo Ngonge waa Qac :D

Originally posted by Khayr:

k den, so Suuldanka can bring his son to marry your daughter. A Puntland and Sland union!
:D

a little while ago a good friend of mine from Qardho was dating this girl from Berbera. They looked the perfect couple (you know - the type they said were made for each other) - they both grew outside of somalia - the girl was born in Arabia and guy came to UK whilst he was still baby. both graudated from same university etc etc - knew nothing about qabiils other than what their parents told them they were. to cut long story short. they decided to get married. i told them about the traditional somali way of going about the marriage. the girl went and told her parents about this guy who wants to come and seek her hand in marriage and guy told his family and they went about getting elders together to go and see the girls family. the girls family were initial enthusiastic about what the daughter told about guy "religious, a trainee doctor, handsome, from noble family, " etc - then came they dreaded question "qolamuu yahay?" - to which she replied: "reer qardhood"

Reer Qardhood!? oo mandhay kuwaasi kuwee ahayeen? "i will ask him" said the girl.

the next day she came back and said "waa reer Boqor"

Haa!, oo ma Boqor Buurmadow baa wax u ah?

not knowing who that is - she just replied 'yes'.

Waahagaag, waxaad u sheegta inanka: waa lagu gogol dhigay - Jimcaha salaada jumce kabacdi ha yimaadan.

Friday after jumca - belayaa meshi ka dhacday:

Wacade,Wallay iga tahay in aadan gursaneyn - ****** in aad guursata lagu qaatay. yells the girl's father.

Ma adoo Cigaal adeer ku yahay baad inan Yey abti u yahay guursaneysaa? Walle, habbaar iska dhaafe; crimewatch UK baad iga daawin, iyagoo leh "first Somali father to commit honour killing" :D

-Lily-   

crimewatch UK baad iga daawin, iyagoo leh "first Somali father to commit honour killing"

LooooooooooL

The whole boqor business went over my head but that is halarious.

Juxa   

lily, ninkan lama yaqanee haduu yaqaan wax la yaqaan ha keeno.

you hear that alot in aroosyada

Paragon   

NGONGE: Juxa, it's not about Burcaawis. It's about people from the NORTH (look at Paragon there).

Stop right there. I consider reer Xarardheere as gob as they come. To marry them would be an honour. smile.gif

Originally posted by Juxa:

Ngonge, Paragon hails from qabiil wadaado ah, indeed i consider them harmless.

Thank you. smile.gif