Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

Juxa   

paragon, ngonge becomes geesi markuu ibti arko uun.

for me somali geneka will stop with me, my kids would only marry non-somali.

i dont want them being related to ibti's bengalis (can you imagine bengali xidid lanoqo) or ngonge's soldiers ( aka the pacifist/fuley army)

ps: all reer koonfur people come out, dhulka waa safe now, my people majecla dagaalka badan

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^
:D:D

Kaa badow buu ahaa.

maya, dawlad buu ahaa. ma rabin in askari u taliyo markale :D

Marx: "berbera iyo ilbax" illahow may kalun ku siiyan! :D

NGONGE   

^^ Haa but he could have done it in a more civilised way.

Originally posted by Mr.Paragon:

quote:NGONGE: Juxa, it's not about Burcaawis. It's about people from the NORTH (look at Paragon there).

Stop right there. I consider reer Xarardheere as
gob
as they come. To marry them would be an honour.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Juxa:

Ngonge, Paragon hails from qabiil wadaado ah, indeed i consider them harmless.

Thank you.
smile.gif
Sasab bad ku jirta ninyaho! :D

Did you read my other post where I said both north and south have no problem with you? icon_razz.gif

Bloody hell, the topic is hijacked by the usual suspects. This is not about Burco or Hobyo loving each other people, we know that is a fact.

To Ibti & NGOONGE, I once overheard a few old men talking in Coffee shop in Mile End, most of the men where from Burco & Siilanyo clan if we need to be specefic. The old men where in a heated argument, they discussed the latest marriage trends of their community, and noted how most of the girls of the family where marrying men from clans they never heard from, reer this, reer that who all happened to be from Mogadishu & Baidoa sub clans. An old man explained, what is happening today? Did Siyad Barre have these people literally by the balls and now they are free to marry our girls?

The fact is the girls from Burco that I knew did love southern folks, mine in particular but they liked the reer Xamar way of speaking and easy going manner.

So lets not get side tracked & get back to the topic.

Paragon   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Haa but he could have done it in a more civilised way.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr.Paragon:

quote:

NGONGE: Juxa, it's not about Burcaawis. It's about people from the NORTH (look at Paragon there).

Stop right there. I consider reer Xarardheere as
gob
as they come. To marry them would be an honour.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Juxa:

Ngonge, Paragon hails from qabiil wadaado ah, indeed i consider them harmless.

Thank you.
smile.gif
Sasab bad ku jirta ninyaho!
:D

Did you read my other post where I said both north and south have no problem with you?
icon_razz.gif
I am only making a justified acknowledgement, sxb. And I didn't read that other post. Fact is, my posts here speak for me and not for my entire clan. Hence I cannot be held accountable for things said as a 'noble' spokesman. smile.gif

Blessed   

Haahaha. Somalis crack me up, walaahi. Berina we will be debating if we are carab or Afrikaan. Nasab my dusty foot!

Ng,

Which scholars, what's their argument?

A caste system is a type of social structure which divides people on the basis of inherited social status. Although many societies could be described in this way, within a caste system, people are rigidly expected to marry and interact with people of the same social class. India has a well known example of a caste system, although various forms of caste systems can be found in many other cultures as well.

The first is the tendency toward endogamy, meaning that people marry within the same caste exclusively. Caste mobility is also extremely rare; one cannot transform from a labourer to a scholar except in very rare circumstances, for example. Higher castes traditionally hold all of the political power, and the castes may be divided further through language, culture, and economics. Within a caste system, each member generally knows his or her place, and your social status is usually apparently to others as well.

Caste has been an integral part of Somali society for centuries. Caste stratification is a daily component of Somali society. In the smallest nomad village, in towns, in cities, in refugee camps, as well as in the overseas Somali communities, these stratifications are alive and well. Genealogical lines of descent are taught to children from an early age. The family clan history is told and retold throughout life, including its relations with other clans.

To be a ******-Madibhan, or an outcaste person, in Somali society is to suffer life-long indignities, to be deemed impure, unlucky, sinful, polluting, and thus meriting the disdain, avoidance, and abuse of others. Even small children shout insults at both child and adult ******s. Many ******s have been denied food, medical treatment, and protection just because of their outcaste status by many other Somalis. The only other somali groups in Somalia treated similarly are the Jareer and Bantu descendants of slaves brought from East Africa over a century ago. Most Somali elders indicate that the polluted status of these despised groups is due to their ancestors breaking of food taboos without cause or an immediate ritual cleansing.

Ibtisam   

Here we have Duke talking about what Northern girls like or do not like. Ya salam. :D lool @ Like the reer Xamar way of speaking and easy going manner. Hehehe

^^^Ibtisam, again you either cant read or you just like me. :D Stop saying my name dear. As for Northern girls, I grew up in London at a time when every girl , you met was from either Burco or Hargaysa, beautiful ladies the best I would say..And trust me they did not mind Southern lads, nor did Southern girls mind Northern lads, so I dont know what world you live in dear sis. ;)

Ibtisam   

Duke, we all see what we want to see in our own little world. Maybe you did not see a problem, but even Sayid will tell you meesh cultural clashka ka jira. Of course you can deny it, but I too grew up in London and when push comes, there is no shifting of trends. Whatever rocks your boat though.