Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

Juxa   

^^lol atleast you are honest.

Ngonge southerner faraha kala bax, bloody carabyahow gaabnida badan. i can kill your allure totally by just calling you shortie.

i dont know about you guys, but i dont understand the concept of marrying ina-adeerkaa or a man from your own qabiil.

as for the minority people, i know some who wont marry other qabiils but their own. fyi minority girls are quite gorgeous, i know some and busta beyka kicinayaan qabiilada kale gabdhahooda.

NGONGE   

^^ Adigu you're not a southerner anymore. You can produce at least four people that can vouch for you. :D

Marrying your ina adeer keeps the geel in the family. :D

Baluug   

I heard the story behind M*****n and it sounds like a bunch of garbage to me anyways. Every society needs a scapegoat, someone to hate on for no particular reason just to make themselves feel like they're better than someone else. Of course I would marry a woman from any qabiil.

Juxa   

Ngonge, i should stop being friendly with northernerka soomaha, they are not good for my suuq.

indho, i know this family, the girls in their family are absolutely beautiful, none would even contemplate of marrying southerner or northerners.

the rest of somalis have misplaces pride, maba larabo to begin with

Blessed   

Ng,

Runta sheeg, you mean an ilkyarfishboy. ;)icon_razz.gif

It spreads fitnah. It's perfectly legitimate to refuse someone on the grounds of cultural / language differences but to say 'adeer your a fine lad but we can't have you mucking up our pure blood' doesn't fall under the nasab, wealth, beauty and deen hadith.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Juxa:

indho, i know this family, the girls in their family are absolutely beautiful, none would even contemplate of marrying southerner or northerners.

Well, that only leaves 2 directions, so maybe they'll marry a westerner, lemme get their number bal :D

-Lily-   

I thought Nasabnimo was about dignity and integrity?

And even if it is about blood, how does one 'purify' one's blood?

Blessed   

That's a stretch Mr.P. I don't think you can use Prophetic a hadith to justify a purely arrogant stance. That hadith itself hints that nasab isn't a good / valid choice and many others speak of tribal arrogance. Distancing yourself from another Muslim because you feel somewhat purer / nobler and the degradation and vilification people from minority groups are subjected (reread the story) or even other large clans can never be Islamicly justified.

Wanting to keep the geel in the family or sticking to what you know and feel safe with is a whole different matter and is really upto the individual concerned.

MZanzi   

it is only our $tupidity and ignorance that have compelled us to discriminate some of our own. I hope one day a Somali leader will stand up and apologize to these fellow Somalis.

-Lily-   

CL,I get it. I was thinking how a so called person with none pure blood reaches this elevated state of nobleness. Oh well.

Sounds like most Somalis still suffer from a delusional case of "anako reer hebel hebel eh" and glorifying yourself to a state of royal superiority. Kind of sad really.

Ibtisam   

Marrying minority clans for me is the same as marrying someone from a big clan from far way southern lands, I have nothing against it, but not fan of far away places. It is not about clan or blood line (needless to say mine is better than everyone and all that) but a personal choice.

There is no such thing as purest blood, ma ciid ba la so shandeyeh?

Juxa   

are you equatating southerner to minorities?

this is what lily meant with anagoo reer hebel ah