Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

Dear Ibti, maybe the London I left a few years ago has changed beyond recognition or you are a sheltered person. First of all Somali’s of the Northen clans have married each other for generations, thus even in Puntland our current President’s wife is from Hargaysa and he married her 40 years ago while living in Hargaysa. Thus there is no issue between our North folks.

Now if one wants to talk about the mixing in London, I have been to weddings, many where men from the deep south married their sweethearts who happened to be from Burco or Berbera and the familes where all there, there was no issues.

Again my dear, you can speak for yourself, and I know you are expensive as hell but don’t say in London of all places there is no mixing of the clans in the love department.

Che, stop with the insults..Our cities are not dusty nor the people there any worse than the clans you claim or the one you actually hail from.

Ibti: is saying that the girls from her family dont marry southernes in London. Which I find most ammsuing, cause I am from bloody London and know better.

Ibtisam   

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Duke as I said whatever rocks your boat, but I am not going to pretend like the rest of you. I know for sure every northern parents meel ba goda when their daughters tell them they want to marry some dude from god knows where. Some allow it, others forbid it. Sheltered or not, I have yet to see a drama free intra-clan marriage- the nicest ones are the ones that object behind the couples back. “oo muxu aah” “mojii, wa shishaey uun”

Che and Sayid stop it will ya. OUr towns are not dusty :mad:

EDIT: I did not say they do not marry, just that it is not common enough to be a trend or a norm- in addition it is not smooth sailing.

^ :D

Duke...My "dwelling" is city by the sea. It beats your little dusty town even after 20 destruction icon_razz.gif

Ibti-Come on, don't be like Duke..Admit there's nothing like Xamar Cadeey.

Why are we even talking who marry what. I don't know marriage, but hablaha of any clan don't discriminate dating whoever or so I have observed in the States. And may I politely, point out reer Burco n Gaalkayo girls are freaks, lovely though.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

Haahaha. Somalis crack me up, walaahi. Berina we will be debating if we are carab or Afrikaan. Nasab my dusty foot!

Ng,

Which scholars, what's their argument?

The big ones. From what I read (purly by chance by the way), the Shaaficis, Hanafis and Hanbalis all consider an equality of nasab a prerequisite for a marriage. Malik disagrees. :D

Ibtisam   

Sayid I see you've been too many after friday salah seminars and left with nothing due lack of answer for the "maxaad ahadeyin and go back and get waxa idiin yaaqaan" :D

OMG!! Who knew Ibti had such deep prejudice against Southerns: "some dude from god kows where" yaah?

You should come to MN Ibti. It is THE trend. In fact, the last 3 family weddings I attended the grooms were from Hargeeysa. I didnt know this was an issue at all!

The rest, booooooooooo for hiding under the family skirt!