Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Juxa, gedgedin sounds kinky. I say yes to that. LoL.

Ibts, have porridge for breakfast. Boiled eggs. Yoghurt. There are other fruits. What kind of mango did you eat? You might be sensitive to them. I know Kiwi can make my mouth itchy, I still eat it now and then by dropping it into my mouth and not letting juice run out LoL.

Wholemeal bread for your sandwiches. Soups. Salads. Brown rice. Seafood?(kab dacas ah coming my way I think). Ever had salmon- veery filling. Other oily fish- mackerel, sardines. Cod(without the batter as an overcoat).

You were hungry because:

you were consuming significantly fewer calories than you're used to.

Eat more greens. Nuts. Olives. Your diet is very qarax.

If I take sugar and cake out, it will look like this:

Ibti, all you eat is the worst kind of carbs! Goodness!! So here is how to modify it. You need protien and complex carbs.

10am breakfast:

-Tea, orange juice,

Where is the food? Have maybe small of bowl of cereal or a toast with peanut butter and cut the orange juice. If you want add a small fruit.

Lunch 3pm

- Sandwich- always white bread or roll(Tuna & Salad) or bowl of Cornflakes (I have fruit after if I eat cornflakes)

- Juice

If you're addicted to white bread, keep it for now. On the days you're having Cornflakes, replace with fiber rich cereal better yet try a Chicken salad or cook your own bariis and chicken.
The fruit is fine but cut the orange juice as it is full of sugar.

8-9pm Dinner

- Chicken sauce or grill chicken with chips or pasta, juice

Keep the grilled chicken minus the chips. Try a ceeysh or whole grain Pitta bread or multigrain pasta. For god's sake, cut the Juice!!

12am: Water or juice.

Here keep the water and replace tea with a splash of milk instead.
If you must have cake, have a slice or a piece of chocolate with your lunch. Sugar is best ingested in the mornign.

I tried that, I nealry died of gaajo- remember I told you I had cake free month- I changed the cake for Mango slices and Melon for a month. Now I hate both and the Mango made my tonuge sore

Ibtisam   

^^^Cut out juice- what do you mean- I thought fizzy drink was bad and juice good. What I'm suppose to wash my food down with??

Sheh:

But thats 360 swing to things I never ever eat- some of the fish you listed I don't even know where they sale.

Brown bread taste like sand paper and never tasted brown rice. Salads are for goats and soup is just hot water with milix.

I don't want toe be a health freak- just normal, sheh your list is ODD, can't be normaly!

C&H list looks more normal!

Juice has a lot of sugar, dear. You're having a lot of sugar without the benefit of the fibre. Not good for your teeth either ifthe juice is extracted from the fruit- tooth decay. Better to eat the fruit.

Pick and choose, Ibts, that's a long list to help you choose from. I eat all that stuff and more. Eat wholemeal bread, even brown is not the best.

LOL @ salads are for goats. You ate salad at my house(s) lol. Choose your favourite vegs and start with those. Soup can be as fattening, enriching or vacant as you want. Try making your own. I love seafood soup(the Indhyar in me I guess). That fish is everywhere LoL.

Anything white is processed- bread and rice. Stay away.

Ibtisam   

I'm waiting for Fu-fu- He lives in Africa- I'm sure his food diet is not as bad as yours, at least iy would be more simple.

When I go around peoples house- I eat whatever they give me- don't want to look reer baadiey- remember Juxa gave me soup and Xaar warabey and I eat that too.

I hate cooking- make soup kulaha.

I already give up on my new year plans of eating healthy.

LoooL, everything I'm suggesting is simple. Fish comes staright out of the water, veg and nuts straight out of the ground. Processed food makes it to your plate via a long process with all kinds of cr*p added on. Even the fish and veg have hormones and fertilisers in them so it's impossible to completely escape add-ons. If you eat like you're in the 17th century you'll have better health.

MZanzi   

ibti waxaa kucuninba waa la cunaa You can still enjoy all the foods you normally eat now laakin you have to cut down your carb intake if you wanna look lean AND mean ;)

Tuujiye   

posted December 18, 2009 09:51 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuujiye waraa haye saa u train gareeeneesay aad 12 packs yeelatay yaah camoo lol you know what bro i like optimum nutrition it's quite cheap and not over hyped like Muscle-Tech ...have you seen the muscle Tech ads...i have been a victim of muscle Tech ar maxeeey igaadeen

Okk I'm . Is Optimum Nutr. the same as the one you recommended, the Gold Standard? Or is it a different brand?

Good to have fitness Fans on board. See who knew Tuujiye had 12packs

Hey C.H, aqri waxaan qoray nooh lool wiligee ma yeelan 12 pack waxaas maxaan ka falaan? faras maan ahay mise dameer faloo cuudu bilaah.....lix ayaan wili raadinoyaa bal sug.....

Urban, I seen that "stronglifts" site before. Is good for does people that don't have the time to workout and live in gym..It teaches simple things like eating the right way and excercising..

I think the best way of loosing weight is pure cardio saaxiib and eating small amount of food when ever you eat but it should be healthy..it helped me loose alot in 3 month...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Ibtisam   

So I started the fitness freak diet on Sunday.

Woke up late, had lunch for Barris iyo goat food (AKA salad) and juice at 2pm

5pm I was starving and craving sugar so I had black tea with ginger and sugar.

7pm: Yogurt

8pm: I was starving so I had a glass of diet coke, glass of juice, handful of dry crunch nut flakes.

10pm; Glass of water.

Monday morning, my stomach woke me up at 7am. I had a yogurt, then went for a jog which last for 5mins (it was freezing) but I had to go shop anyway so jogged there and back (does carrying shopping and running like weight lifting icon_razz.gif

8am I was still hunger- so on the train I had Oat Clusters with bio Yogurt and strawberries. (it said 13% of GDA)

10am I had almond croissants, cup of tea and bottle of volvic flavoured water.

I have headach which I blame on lack of sugar and cake. Don't know what I will have for lunch either.

Ibtisam   

^^^Soup is a starter or snack. I can't have soup for lunch- wa lugoyo- I'll be starving two hrs later.

I'm hungry already after three mini breakfast. Just made myself black tea with honey for headache and low sugar missing syndrome.

No wonder Sheh is always blowing away and headache and weak- xunto is junk food. Healthy food wa hoo oh igo nooqo.

-Lily-   

My current obsession is how to eat from nature to cure aliments and it’s a wonder truly

Sheh I like your philosophy. I don’t really care for exercise (although it must be done) and being a certain size but being unhealthy worries me. Different things motivate different people. Even aches and pains can be traced back to what you eat, as in you’re not getting enough vitamins. I would really like to eat less bread, the only consolation is that I hate white version.

My food looks something like this:

Breakfast: Bagel with light Philadelphia spread (soft cheese). A cup of tea with one tea spoon of sugar (hoping for the day to cut sugar out completely).

Mid morning snack: small pear.

Lunch: wholemeal bread tuna sandwich with cucumber. OR Cheese with salad. Always water.

Sometimes a bowl of soup.

Mid afternoon snack: one orange. A piece of Green & Black chocolate if I’m having a stressful day. I try to limit chocolate to Fridays only.

Dinner: 7pm, rice, steamed veggies and a glass of water. Other times, grilled veggies in pita bread. Not a fan of pasta at night time.

Sometimes toast if I get home late.

10pm: a mug of herbal tea or a glass of semi skimmed milk.

Ibti, my doctor once told me be conscious of anything you put in your mouth & what it does to your body. Not in terms of weight but what is in that food. It helps to have something sweet after a main meal, say a little tiny nac nac or fruit or some yogurt, to ‘seal’ your apatite. You will not be craving sugar an hour later, savoury foods always make you want to have something sweet to balance it.

As for juice, there is the same amount of sugar in a carton of apple juice or Ribena as a can of coke, enough to bake a cake. Juices are very deceptive.

I find it is a huge effort to constantly eat healthy but I think it can be done and after a while it must become a habit. I also think home prepared food, especially lunches tend to have less calorie count than bought food.

EDIT: have the soup with a slice of bread.