Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Som@li   

Great thread,

I think people with wieght issue eat more than they require.

As for exercising, I do joggin in the evening,and now will change it to early morning.

LOl. I love how Somalis address the baruur issue. I want to try HIIT. I'm hearing so much good things about it.

So FU FU, is 20minute enough cardio? The health industry is touting this as the latest, most effective cardio routine.

Urban, good good thanks mate for the link, the site is absolutely informative and inspiring and I bookmarked and downloaded some of the downloads!

Urban   

Allamagan, read the ebook when you have a little spare time, its free and only 50 pages. It's mostly FAQ. *Warning: it may result in extreme motivation.*

I'm beginning my 8th week on the program now, and lifting way beyond my initial expectations, all because of the small weight increases over the weeks. The body transformation sure takes its time though.

Good luck buddy and let me know if you start it.

^As soon as the holiday season is over, imma gonna take 'em trainers out! Straight into the garbage bin smile.gif

On a serious note, it's time to get fitter. Expect updates from me in 2010, inshaAllah! In the words of Joe from Family Guy: "LETS DO IT!!"

Ibtisam   

I give up for the rest of 2009. I am going to eat like a junky. Having Cheese cake for breakfast haad.

Might join you freaks again for Dec 2010 :D

Good luck to all though.

Originally posted by Mr.Paragon:

quote:Originally posted by Fabregas_Bruv:

:D

Push ups isnt part of Afghan tradition. You can't blame them.
:D
Afghans are are naturally strong, mashallah. They're probably better at wrestling and fighting than pushups(which is Rambo stuff anyway). the guys in the video use too much xashiis as the army attracts warlord militias.

ps. fufu or anyone else, what you say is a good ol breakfast. weetabix with what? what do you guys normally have for breakfast?

Best to get the raw ingredients found in cereal boxes(thus minus the added sugar and other nasties) and eat them with yoghurt or milk. I add seeds, flax and whatever else I am experimenting with at the time. Raw honey to sweeten.

Does anyone add Plyometrics to their routine?

Wiki says:

Plyometrics is a type of exercise training designed to produce fast, powerful movements, and improve the functions of the nervous system, generally for the purpose of improving performance in sports. Plyometric movements, in which a muscle is loaded and then contracted in rapid sequence, use the strength, elasticity and innervation of muscle and surrounding tissues to jump higher, run faster, throw farther, or hit harder, depending on the desired training goal. Plyometrics is used to increase the speed or force of muscular contractions, often with the goal of increasing the height of a jump.

I was working out to a DVD that included a rotation of weights, cardio and plyometrics. I found the plyometrics killed me. Supposed to improve your performance in sports, not that I do any. Is there a pont then?

here's a video: