Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

MZanzi   

Urban I'm also a big fan of strengh training and the BIG exercises — heavy duty, compound movements Squat, dead lifts, milatary press, barbel rows, bench press

these are the greatest routines ever. And you don’t have to spend 3 hours in the gym like the other overtrained guys who make no gains and except for the ‘roid users have nothing to show for it.

The best routine I ever used this years was:

Monday:

Squats

Stiff-legged deads

barbell curls

Wednesday:

Bench

barbell rows

Friday:

Deads

standing barbell presses or seated d-bell presses

Chinups or pulldonws

I made the greatest gains of my life on this.

MZanzi   

looool heeheheh to be honest right now i have even bigger shoulders than this on my avatar ..hadi loo bahdo sawir waan soo tuuri karaa and you actualy know my face very well lol smile.gif

Ibtisam   

Fu-fu and Urban How about if I want to keep eating chocolates and cakes and junk food- is there a way I maintain healthy feeling/ looking toned muscles? I don’t mind my weight as it is, I built my muscle mass already- I can feel them- but I can't get them to show? so now what?

I can't eat 6meals a day, nor can I not eat before 6, I hate brown bread, race, oat and anything brown. I live on sugar and cakes. Maybe I will post my food intake and you can draw a picture for me. smile.gif

Urban   

Ibti I think eating 6 meals a day or limiting carbohydrtes to before 6pm is mainly towards people who want way more than a healthy looking body, i.e big guns. 3 or 4 meals is fine, but all foods are not equal in terms of nutrients. It seems like you're expecting more out of nothing, but I'm afraid you can only get out what you put in.

Telling us as much info as you can about your meals would give us a better picture. The food you mentioned isn't exactly the best thing for what you want, but it's doable. At least try to eat a complete breakfast lunch and dinner, and then have the deserts after the meals or in between.

As long as you exercise hard enough to stress your body, it will find a way to burn those calories. Carbohydrates are the body's fuel, if you're not active enough that excess fuel will be stored as fat. However if you do weight training (you won't become muscular, it burns fat better than cardio) and/or intense running 3 times a week, you will feel healthy. You might think having a busy schedule which includes travelling a lot is enough activity, but it doesn't stress your muscles because they're working within their limits. Making your body do something it's not used to is what makes it change and adapt.

I hope this makes sense. If you wanna eat junk, you need to train hard to make up for the extra fat intake and calories.

Ibtisam   

^^^It still seems like a lot of hard work, specially in the winter and some pain by the looks of it. Okay here is my typical day.

10am breakfast:

-Tea, orange juice, slice of cake or muffin

1pm snack

-Tea & Biscuit.

Lunch 3pm

- Sandwich- always white bread or roll(Tuna & Salad) or bowl of Cornflakes (I have fruit after if I eat cornflakes)

- Slice of cake or packet of crisps

- Juice and sometimes fizzy drink

snack 5pm

chocolate

8-9pm Dinner

- Chicken sauce or grill chicken with chips or pasta, sometimes with slice of cake, juice

12am: Water or juice.

Looking at it now- I eat 6times a day!!! LOL maybe it is not so hard.

Lol at Ibts. The cakes must go or be reduced considerably because they contain nasties you wouldn't add to a cake you make yourself. I used to work out and eat what the hell I liked but never over-eat and I was toned.

It can be done but after several weeks of reading about nutrition I know sugar is the food industry's secret to keeping us addicted to their products and it plays havoc with the body's harmony.

My current obsession is how to eat from nature to cure aliments and its a wonder truly. I feel the difference. When I told my mum what I now have in my kitchen, she said, tani dunidii khudrada ka dhamesey. LoL.

I will post as I learn(if anyone is interested). The food and drugs industry can kiss my backside. I already have my eye on courses that will teach me how to create my own beauty products using nature(creams, scrubs, bath bombs etc) and after that may even train in nutrition. No more chemicals inside or out.

The fitness is my weakest side. I can jump on a treadmill now and know I can go on for at least 30 minutes even though I haven't done so in 2 years. Does that mean I have endurance, stamina? Who knows what these things mean? LoL. But ask me to pick up a half kilo of sonkor and..*shame*. LoL.

Juxa, you have only known me since I put on unneeded weight. I have felt sluggish and fat for over a year and am sick of it. If there's anyone with a small frame out there they'll know what I mean- a little fat looks and feels like a lot on me. Be gone.

Coming down with something. Looks like it's Yoga and Balates today. smile.gif

OMG Ibts, LOL. Written down like that makes you realise what's-what, huh? You need fruit and vegetables in your diet. The juice they say sell is mostly made from concentrate and what-not. Or buy PURE juice. Better still, eat fruit and you will get fibre and vitamins in you.

You're a sugar addict, believe me. That's why you consume something sweet regularly through out the day. Break the cycle and you'll feel like cr*p for some days. I found it hard and I was nowhere near your level of consumption!

Juxa   

sheh, next time i see you, i am going to gedgedin you. seriously i dont see an ounce of fat on you, around you.

ibti alot of cakes walaley, cut it down to slice a day.

i wont write what i eat. dont want inaan iska nixiyo

Tuujiye waraa haye saa u train gareeeneesay aad 12 packs yeelatay yaah camoo lol you know what bro i like optimum nutrition it's quite cheap and not over hyped like Muscle-Tech ...have you seen the muscle Tech ads...i have been a victim of muscle Tech ar maxeeey igaadeen

Okk I'm :confused: . Is Optimum Nutr. the same as the one you recommended, the Gold Standard? Or is it a different brand?

Good to have fitness Fans on board. See who knew Tuujiye had 12packs icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

ShehIf I take sugar and cake out, it will look like this:

10am breakfast:

-Tea, orange juice, (I don't normally add sugar to my tea or even coffee)

Lunch 3pm

- Sandwich- always white bread or roll(Tuna & Salad) or bowl of Cornflakes (I have fruit after if I eat cornflakes)

- Juice

8-9pm Dinner

- Chicken sauce or grill chicken with chips or pasta, juice

12am: Water or juice.

I tried that, I nealry died of gaajo- remember I told you I had cake free month- I changed the cake for Mango slices and Melon for a month. Now I hate both and the Mango made my tonuge sore redface.gif :eek: