Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali women then and somali women today

^Yes there is big difference between Dirac iyo Guntiino vs mini-skirt. If you are saying they are not Islamic and are same, yes, you are right they are all unislamic but one is distinctively Somali while the other was not, and no, I don't know of many Somali woman that wore mini-skirts.

Marksman   

As long as there is choice, fine by me. Oba, I'm not a doctor, but I think those women in the second pic need vitamin D supplements.

I do have a problem with people saying it's haraam and unwelcome for women to dress in what is considered traditional Somali wear. Why is Somali culture deemed unwelcome these days?

tumblr_m9q0vmTBdH1r34z06o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mhtgih04Zv1r2x2soo2_500.jpg

Aaliyyah   

I dont know about the unwelcome part, no one has the right to dictate what anyone wears. But, clearly the traditional clothes ie sadexqays is haraam because it is revealing the body parts Allah comanded females to cover. Pretty straight forward.

Jacpher   

Whoever told oba western mini skirt were the way Somali women dressed back in the days failed him big time. Waryaa it wasn't as popular as you think. Few women did dress that way. Men used to wear short pants way more than women put on mini skirts.

Aawaye ciyaalkii warafka la raaci jiray when the girls put on revealing dirac. :D

*Blessed;916468 wrote:
^aad iyo aad ayaa u edeb daran tahay and you need not worry yourself about how women dress.. then, now or in the future. We are prefectly capable of choosing our own clothes.. hoes or not!

Blessed, the bully, I think you are out of order. Handadaad meel maku geeneyso, ee stop bullying pple into submission. JILBAAB is ugly and unbecoming.

LayZie G.;916758 wrote:
Blessed, the bully, I think you are out of order. Handadaad meel maku geeneyso, ee stop bullying pple into submission. JILBAAB is ugly and unbecoming.

Layzie G I salute you girl! Khatar cadeem

Marksman;916744 wrote:
As long as there is choice, fine by me. Oba, I'm not a doctor, but I think those women in the second pic need vitamin D supplements.

I do have a problem with people saying it's haraam and unwelcome for women to dress in what is considered traditional Somali wear. Why is Somali culture deemed unwelcome these days?

tumblr_m9q0vmTBdH1r34z06o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mhtgih04Zv1r2x2soo2_500.jpg

Your right I agree sxb. Its the arabization people wear Khamiis and Jilbaab dhar muslim kulahaa

Wadani   

LayZie G.;916758 wrote:

Your response betrays the fact that u have no issue with her method (as urs isn't much different) but rather it's her message that you find fault with. Don't be too LayZie to practise what u preach. :D

Blessed   

How predictably boring @ Mrs. Sarkozy [Layzie].

Aaliyah, you're right, they are revealing but you can 'halaalify' them which is what many sisters do.

Samafal   

Midkaan threadyadiisa oo dhan waa caqli xumo. War gabdh is asturtay seebaad u barbardhigtaa naag qaawan Allah caqli kusiiyee?

Samafal;916779 wrote:
Midkaan threadyadiisa oo dhan waa caqli xumo. War gabdh is asturtay seebaad u barbardhigtaa naag qaawan Allah caqli kusiiyee?

Yet my threads is one of the most visited....

Aaliyyah   

[quote=*Blessed;916776

Aaliyah, you're right, they are revealing but you can 'halaalify' them which is what many sisters do.

True hun. I was referring to the way somalis used to wear the traditional clothes. ie the pics Marksman posted. For instance the second pic he posted one of her shoulders is revealing. That wouldn't be any different than some of the western clothes.

uchi   

Those degrading tent like clothing need to go, and for the wahhabi sympathizers, you need to move to Saudi Arabia and leave these poor Somali girls alone.