Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali women then and somali women today

Rahima   

It is interesting that it is predominately men who seem to have a problem with the hijab. Why men would be so obsessed with the chosen attire of women is beyond me.

Aaliyya you definitely incouraged to comment on the men's version ugly contemporary fashion adoptions. I for one can not stand afar jeeble and those rediculous baseball caps started by the landers and now spreading to Puntland looool

Oba.....You should really learn when to quit! Nothing good could come out of this.

N sincere advice, your brand of habaar iyo ceey is unmanly.

N for every guy on this board, each one of us has female relatives that dress western, don jiljabaab and everything in-between. Unless, you are insulting or ridiculing the choices of the women in your life, I say let's drop. We have enough !diots mocking Somali women, the last thing they need is their sons adding insults to injury.

^Constructive criticism doesn't start with hoes, n why focus on women's attire seriously? Hadii dhaqan laga hadlayo, rag Soomaali ah oo dumarka waxee xiran yihiin isku mashquulin jirey lama arki jirin.

Aaliyyah   

Naxar Nugaaleed;916997 wrote:
Aaliyya you definitely incouraged to comment on the men's version ugly contemporary fashion adoptions. I for one can not stand afar jeeble and those rediculous baseball caps started by the landers and now spreading to Puntland looool

Waa kala mid dhar dhaqan qurbe loo xidhey iyo dhar diintu fartay.

With that being said afar jeeble is those baggy jeans right.?oh my god and those caps lol I'm on the same page as you. But each on his own. Dhulki hooyana dharka miya lageeyey lol

Malika   

Oba warya kaa xishood gabadha - Blessed, I think you misunderstood Oba, it was just an observation he had made of the changes - which we all have seen. Looking back at how 'at ease' folks where with dress codes to the almost 'militant' mentality on what a girl/woman should wear now days..taasi maa been baa?

Rahima   

Something is not right here!

People- can we just remember that we are Muslims and therefore must believe that the hijab is mandatory. It is not as if the two pictures are comparing women who are in different types of hijab, it is comparing women who are NOT in hijab and those who are (you may not like the design of it, but they are in hijab).

I may not like the design of the Somali style jilbaab but i MUST as a Muslim preference that over a mini skirt- maxaa idin kugu dhacay?

Blessed   

^I concur!

The writing is on the wall Malika. He concerned himself with xumaan, lack of sharaf and xishood of todays jilbaab wearing women. Your interpretation is very different but IMO militant concern on how we dress is exactly what this thread is about. Hijab is also not the major issue for our women today, I have an issue that our struggles and experiences are reduced with male concern of our dress code.

Oba, I'm a liar but your athiest friends "ladies of the night" comment is "aight", mahoo? Give it up huuno!

Malika;917022 wrote:
Oba warya kaa xishood gabadha - Blessed, I think you misunderstood Oba, it was just an observation he had made of the changes - which we all have seen. Looking back at how 'at ease' folks where with dress codes to the almost 'militant' mentality on what a girl/woman should wear now days..taasi maa been baa?

Malika I got respect for you adiga dartaa aan uu amuusaya