Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali women then and somali women today

Aaliyyah   

Ibti, these guys need to stop posting the pics of a somali women on these threads. Like you pointed out some now repented and changed for the better. In any case waa danbi..

I had respect for SOL compare to other Somali forums. But, that is long gone now, the admins are doing a poor job of maintaining these threads.

underdog   

Aaliyyah,

are you objecting to all the posted pics? because they were necessary in proving a various different points-of-view on the topic. if you find my post offensive, get 2 more members to agree with you and I'll gladly edit out the pictures. Long live democracy!

Aaliyyah   

I find most of them offensive. Particularly the pictures of young somali women whose pics were stolen from any of those social networking. If you are one of the admins and have access to edit them you should have done that without anyone else telling you. Caqliga ka shaqeesi it doesn't matter whether other solers agree with my point of view or not.

Blessed   

Underdog, be honest would you have posted I those were your relatives knowing that they would be objectified an subjected to ridicule?

Ibtisam   

Aaliya, the photo Marksmen used has become some what of a simple of what Somali women use to be before and dispite her best efforts, it has gone viral and too famous for her to be able to get it removed.

As for underdogs photo- the model her photo is everywhere. Laakin the three girls, for one we dont even know for sure hadey Somali yihiin and even if they are, it I doubt they would want their photos blasted on forums. But then again there really is no privacy online- so when any sane person posts pictures somewhere online, they know they run the risk of it becoming public, so post only that you want to haunt you into your old age when perhaps you have even changed.

The responsibility goes both ways. Some members on this forum have made a habit of posting pictures of young women- actively search them out to post them just for their own insults and twisted pleasure. That is a problem.

Marksman   

*Ibtisam;916915 wrote:
Aaliya, the photo Marksmen used has become some what of a simple of what Somali women use to be before and dispite her best efforts, it has gone viral and too famous for her to be able to get it removed.

You mean the second picture I posted? That one is from the 1940's! Is there an old woman complaining about this picture being on the net? I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Ibtisam   

^What is there not to understand. The picture of the two ladies chatting on the street. The one on the left is alive and kicking in a jilbab. Her picture is everywhere- She gave up a long time ago on trying to get it removed.

Juxa   

Anigu markaan lahaa certain cayayaan haloo diro hard labour camps to protect Somali women waad ila yaabanaydeen

Hanuunka rabi baa leh! Qofkuu sharfo man or woman baa sharfan ee isku xishooda

It is very unbecoming for nin rag ah to discuss islaan gorgoradeeda on a daily basis

Blessed   

^lol. you do have a way with words..

*Ibtisam;916915 wrote:
Some members on this forum have made a habit of posting pictures of young women- actively search them out to post them just for their own insults and twisted pleasure. That is a problem.

That's the issue here and many other web spaces that are used by young Somali men to bash on Somali women. Just look at the second picture in Obas original post, there's no need for it to be protected from the public eye as it's a completely innocent image of sisters sitting for an exam -- yet, he used to infer that Somali women today are jilbab wearing "hoes".. (and he did use the word *** before my first respose) and has edited it ....

oba hiloowlow;916475 wrote:
sxb thats not my point my point was iyago miniskirts xidhnaayen bey sharaf lahaayeen it was odd to see a 'ciyaal suuq' somali lady waagaas laakin dee maanta iyago jilbaabkii xidhan oo hadana asturan bey hadanaa waxkasta xun sameeyaan.

underdog

Thanks on behalf of our young sisters. It takes a real man to acknowledge and rectify a mistake. :)

nuune   

iyago jilbaabkii xidhan oo hadana asturan bey hadanaa
waxkasta xun sameeyaan

I might have missed Oba's post, but what does the one's I bolded mean, wax kasta xun as in what, khamri cab, khamarjiyad, faankuulo, kaniisad aadoow, tubaaka cun, kalkalyoono, niikis, faarabuuto, I don't understand wax kasta xun sameeyaan, can you be more specific.

Ps: One question that would come from completely different angle is: How confident are you that your wife, sister or relative who wears jilbaab would not be doing the bolded stuff up there, or it is only directed towards the people we don't know.

That question is general as I am not addressing specific person, think about it.

uchi;916824 wrote:
Those degrading tent like clothing need to go, and for the wahhabi sympathizers, you need to move to Saudi Arabia and leave these poor Somali girls alone.

Its too late mate, as what you call wearing 'tents' have overtaken the country, now its you that needs to move to and live in San Francisco or Vegas and Miami Beach.

*Blessed;916942 wrote:
^lol. you do have a way with words..

That's the issue here and many other web spaces that are used by young Somali men to bash on Somali women. Just look at the second picture in Obas original post, there's no need for it to be protected from the public eye as it's a completely innocent image of sisters sitting for an exam -- yet, he used to infer that Somali women today are jilbab wearing "hoes".. (and he did use the word *** before my first respose) and has edited it ....

underdog

Thanks on behalf of our young sisters. It takes a real man to acknowledge and rectify a mistake.
:)

Blessed kadaabad ba tahey your a liar. I never said 'jilbaab wearing hoes'. SMDH dadkan oo kale baa iska jiro blessed hypocrit foqal hypocirit ba tahey!