Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali women then and somali women today

Wadani   

Oba, it would make more sense if ur 1960's pic showed Somali woman in traditional garb instead of Western clothing, unless ur arguing one form of cultural imperialism is better than the other.

Blessed   

^aad iyo aad ayaa u edeb daran tahay and you need not worry yourself about how women dress.. then, now or in the future. We are prefectly capable of choosing our own clothes.. hoes or not!

Wadani   

But y do u have a problem with the niqab and jilbab, and not the miniskirts unless u want Somalis to imitate the West?

you people are getting me wrong back in the days our women use to wear miniskirts and yet they had sharaf maanta kuwa jilbaabka wataan baa waxyaalo laga xishoodo sameeyo ma garateen. And no i don't want our women to wear miniskirts.

Wadani   

Oba, If I had to pick between the 1960's miniskirts or the current niqaabs and large jilbabs, i'd go for the latter even though I do think it's a bit overkill. Somali woman should wear hijab and modest clothing, and neither imitate the west nor Saudi Arabia/Afghanistan.

*Blessed;916468 wrote:
^aad iyo aad ayaa u edeb daran tahay and you need not worry yourself about how women dress.. then, now or in the future. We are prefectly capable of choosing our own clothes.. hoes or not!

who said i was worried just made a point................

Wadani   

oba hiloowlow;916471 wrote:
you people are getting me wrong back in the days our women use to wear miniskirts and yet they had sharaf maanta kuwa jilbaabka wataan baa waxyaalo laga xishoodo sameeyo ma garateen. And no i don't want our women to wear miniskirts.

Ok I c wat ur saying, but we always had and always will have loose woman, regardless of how they dress.

Wadani;916472 wrote:
Oba, If I had to pick between the 1960's miniskirts or the current niqaabs and large jilbabs, i'd go for the latter even though I do think it's a bit overkill. Somali woman should wear hijab and modest clothing, and neither imitate the west nor Saudi Arabia/Afghanistan.

sxb thats not my point my point was iyago miniskirts xidhnaayen bey sharaf lahaayeen it was odd to see a 'ciyaal suuq' somali lady waagaas laakin dee maanta iyago jilbaabkii xidhan oo hadana asturan bey hadanaa waxkasta xun sameeyaan. my point is marka the women waagaas wey ka fiicnaayeen kuwa maanta and before all feminists come in and attack me ragguna waa sidaas shalay bey ka fiicnaayeen

Wadani   

Oba, waa runtaa. Waagaas ayay Soomaalidu hadda ka sharaf badnayd, sababtuna waxay ahayd dad dhaqan leh oo dal leh ayaynu ahayn. Markii ay dawladdii inaga burburtay ayuu dhaqankii iyi anshaxii suubbanaana inaga lumay.