Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali women then and somali women today

wyre   

Malika;916594 wrote:
^For a newbie to know Muridi is strange...hmm, so who's script are you then?

Lol, I was wondering the same :D

If you look at old pictures of Cairo, Tehran or even Kabul, the dramatic changes are just as shocking if not more. Obama was right when he talked about people clinging to their guns and religion. It is my hope that as these societies recover and find firm footing, they return to normalcy and as that one Egyption lady said, they stop equating female piety with their disappearance.

Why singled out the women? How about Somali men in 60s versus today's men with the sagging pants or ones with the Sarwal Khamises..Naga daaya dee ;)

Gheelle.T;916670 wrote:
Why singled out the women? How about Somali men in 60s versus today's men with the sagging pants or ones with the Sarwal Khamises..Naga daaya dee
;)

Well you are right sxb but the pic i found was suited for this mowduuc

Apophis;916666 wrote:
Oba, stay on the path sxb. When these fuddy daddies are up in arms you know you've uncovered the truth. I too have seen women no better than night ladies wearing the ninja costume to hide their hypocrisy.

Aight bro

xabad   

ok let me join your silly little game, hehe yes ama script yo lol, lmao, :D. in all seriousness don't' you think i can infer what you were getting to.

N.O.R.F   

Strong opinions on what women should wear, how they used to be and how they are now by people not present in Somalia in the 60s and not present there now. Adunyo!

Malika   

I think he prefers how women dressed in the yesteryear's rather that how women dress now in Somalia...Now ya all can line up and sue him..lol

I don't think the first picture represents Somali women then, when you conduct a survey or make presumption about an issue one must strive to take or use the right sample. Its time for sampling lesson - where are the statisticians?

A group of woman gathered in one balcony that may work for one (mini-skirt or Airline as hostess) company do not represent the Somali woman in the 60's. Scrutinizing the picture further I begin to doubt that its even Somali or in Somalia, even thought the picture is old and somewhat color, I see what looks like a while lady or oriental figure, could be in Philippine or India, who knows?