Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Is there such as thing as a Clan look?

If we could tell a person's clan just by looking at him/her, then would the question "yaa tahay" ever be invented? I don't think so. I can guess

from what a region a person came by their speech. And then from there I can guess what clan that person belongs to. However, I don't think there's a clan look.

Are there a clan dhaqan though? Now that'd be interesting. Are there certain behaviors/acts that are exclusive to some clans?

wyre   

Xaaji Xunjuf;910745 wrote:
Clans from Somali galbeed are taller than clans from Galguduud and hiiraan
Clans from Djibouti have Dracula teeths

Oh my GOD :D :D

NGONGE   

Apophis;911147 wrote:
Sxb, if you're going to insult the O group (characterising them as shoeless....and traitors, effectively), do it openly, no need to veil it with such nonsense.

If that's what you got from those words then why ask me to do it openly, wobbly lip? :D

metta;911369 wrote:
they are the folks who live in South Hargeisa near the airport and in Sallaxley. Those pictured are Hussein Arab Isse and Muse Ali

The Sultans of SL have a goldish look

Somalia;911406 wrote:
This thread has taken a turn for the worse. Let me start over.

Somalilanders look like Oromo in my opinion, they have the Oromo look which is a plain cushitic rough looking in urban life - kinda look.

Somalilanders look nothing like oromo people

These are oromos

Oromo Woman

f41bf091a4e18f2312495cc0e975d9f7_XL.jpg

Coofle   

You can differentiate Somalis only one they open their mouth...accents might help you to some extent...

Looks can only differentiate Somali Bantu and the Reer Xamar Society,,,

Coofle;911517 wrote:
You can differentiate Somalis only one they open their mouth...accents might help you to some extent...

Looks can only differentiate Somali Bantu and the Reer Xamar Society,,,

i agree.

laakin what about hybrid somali who are half of something and a bit of the other? and also the hardware ( possesses 'classical' somali physical appearance) and software (new constructed identity outside of the somali realm) analogy? what do you think of those on the fringes and outside the paradigm of our beautiful culture?

i think over two generations, some somalis can change wholly. my friend, for example, is 3rd generation from the UK and he had razor bumps on his face like an African (Nigerian or Congolese) but also doesn't have that ever-so-familiar somali forehead. his genetic DNA has wholly changed and you wouldn't think he's Somali.....and even when he speaks...the few words of af-somaliga is not enough to tell you where he's from. environmental factors and exposure to the somali culture can indeed change people.

Ridwaan   

Theirs no such thing as clan look, Somalis in general look the same, sometimes, I even have a hard time distinguishing our people from that of our neighboring countries.

Most people in Burco have long faces and a fanax between their ilko long shoulders and not a big forehead

In Ceerigaabo people have round faces very soft hair hardly no nappy hair most people are tall in ceerigaabo and have long hawk noses.

Laascaanood look totally different most people in laascaanood are not skinny they are muscler young and old, you will hardly see a skinny reer laascaanood also the Hawk nose is present in Laascaanood.

The South Hargeysa salaxlay aware look is a goldish look these people have brown eyes and are also muscler they are not skinny they have long faces some are tall some are normal lenth.They have a normal nose sometimes a hawk nose.

Borama people are not tall not short in between, borama people look very different but the normal look of reer borame is soft hair brown skin sometimes very light skin. They have soft hair most of the time they are skinny not muscler.

Hargeysa is a bit tall but they have also some shorties the hawk nose is not really there but there are some cases reer hargeysa have hawk noses. some have nappy hair most people there are skinny and a brownish look.

Reer berbera are skinny short with hawk noses but very dark skin no nappy hair soft hair most of them.

^ wadani,

our DNA goes back centuries undiluted. i can't say that about y'all.

every reer berbera is dark and vertically challenged. i can attest to that.