Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Is there such as thing as a Clan look?

I always thought all Somalis looked alike. I can't tell someone from Las Canood from one from Mandheera; they all look the same to me. My own family has a variety of looks in there.

For some reason, all my friends think I am a D-Hunter; but am not - which begs the question, is there such a thing as a D-Hunter look?

Or more generally can you really tell one's clan from looking at them?

Wadani   

I think it can be more accurately be described as 'regional looks'. My mother for example has the ability to in rare cases tell which region someone is from, and by extension the likely clan they r from, just by looking at them. I think I may be slowly catching on to these subtle differences too.

Apophis;910739 wrote:
Can you tell someone's name just by looking at them? And doesn't your anecdote answer your question?

No my anecdote doesn't answer my question - for someone to say you are that and that clan, they must have an idea, an image, of what people from that clan look like and thus the association with the person they are looking at that very moment.

of course there is! what a silly question to ask.

reer somaliland - yellow teeth, with a somewhat disproportional nose to mouth ratio.

reer puntland - have you seen abdulahi yusuf (A.U.N) well....minus the timo jilic hair! imagine aboriginal LOOOOOL

reer unuka - gaunt, dark with a i'm-auditioning-for-blackhawk-down typical look. the term skinnies on the roof refer to them. apparently, during the great bantu migration 4billion years ago, their DNA developed a taste for blood.

reer shaartiguuded - all look the same.

0.5 minorities - whose a minority horta?

the O'Reillys - a wild savage yeti but with only bigger feet. the dumber one of dumb and dumber. goofy teeth.

I LOVE ALL MY SOMALI PEOPLE. BLESS.

Reeyo   

You have got to be kidding me. Apophis permission to kill you cat to relief some stress after reading this?

Wadani   

Why is it pathetic? You may be projecting your own issues with clan on to us, but some of us are healthy enough to discuss clans with out it devolving in to primitve chest beating and skull cracking.

Reeyo   

Apophis;910762 wrote:
Lool, no deal Reeyo; the cat is innocent
:D

Pretty please? I'll even feed it milk before I torture it.

Wadani;910764 wrote:
Why is it pathetic? You may be projecting your own issues with clan on to us, but some of us are healthy enough to discuss clans with out it devolving in to primitve chest beating and skull cracking.

yes. i agree. its the big grey elephant in the room. discuss it and laugh at it. :D